Originally Posted by DangaRanger99
Hows progress looking on your ride D.?
Its ' getting there '. I had it on my street roasting whats left of the rear tires off.
I need to stop by FMD's tomorrow to pickup some materials to make the next part. I have the ' misc parts ', just not the materials to fabricate what I need next.
I played with painting and painted the bed and rollpan.. I must admit.. I SUK at painting. It looked ' good ' when primed but all the filled holes stick out sorely. It needs to be re-sanded and painted again. I had 3 quarts of sonic blue here doing nothing so.. I just used that to see how it would ' look ' with paint on it and not to waste the final colors paint.
I honestly don't think all the body work will be done till this fall. Everything else is just a small bit behind schedule or where I would like to be.
I have the interior all back together, tranny tunnel is all done. That rubber floor-mat or vinal floor had a LOT of sound killing material under it. I had to rip it all out to get to the floor itself. There was a small amount of rust under it thats now gone as well.
I still need to buy a fresh set of body bushings for the whole truck as mine are.. dried out/rotting from all the salt they use here in the winter.
So.. ( couple of pics.. )
Interior when I started on it.. ( it sat for 6-8 months like this.. )
Heres the clear coat coming off the door on top where the window thingi goes.. I had to pull the mirrors off to get to all of it. I thought there was a lot of shyt in the fender flares when I took them off..
Roll pan before the clear coat. I HAD to see what it would look like before putting it on. I had to cut-out holes for the plate-lights and such as well ( NYS requires them so your plates will be visable. )
Basically, I'm working from the back end to the front bumper. The front end doesn't have its bumper/valiance on right now. The vail is full of putty where all the chips and cracks were in it. I have my new spindles and coils and lowers about ready to go. I'm doing some math on how to get it all to ' sit ' properly ( with the weight I will be adding ) and still have some ability to corner in a ' half-good ' way.
I need to get ahold of Lee ( diggr/gen edge ) in Rochester and pick his brain over some Buffalo wings soon, get his opinions on a few ideas. I *might* run 2 coils per side up front.. dunno yet. 2 lower rated coils will have a better response and share a load instead of having 1 large one.. again.. doing some thinking.
In the process of it all, I did run a wiring bus along the whole length for the undercarriage lights and other items ( fuel pump , bottle openers/blankets that are going in the bed.. ).
Theres just a bunch of ' projects ' that I'm going through right now to make the ' end result ' one item. I'm also helping Shawna with her truck ( if she would only warm my face in return or ' pull my tire! '
) and did an engine in my sisters Jeep.
Time is a rarity these days.