3.0L unavailable for 09 Ranger - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech General discussion of 2.9L and 3.0L V6 Ford Ranger engines.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 12-19-2008
bwester04's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 2,641
Push rod motors "inferior"? Ha. Look at GM's nice lineup of pushrod V8's. Even their OHV V6's haven't been that bad over the years. If only Ford knew how to update every now and then, they wouldn't have to come up with totally different engine designs every 4-5 years, of which pail in comparison to GM's "inferior" pushrod engines.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-20-2008
CBFranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
Why would you want a pushrod motor. Inferior technology.


Such a gay argument. While I agree that OHC is good/better in its own right, GM can still get a pushrod motor correct.

As for the vulcan. It's 30 year old work mule. Time to put it out to pasture and just remember all of the work its done for us in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-21-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palcentia, Ca
Posts: 102
LS9.... *drools*
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-21-2008
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFranger View Post
Such a gay argument.


2.6L DOHC, blows away that LS9.....
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-21-2008
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post


2.6L DOHC, blows away that LS9.....
A stock RB26 makes no power. No competition against a LS9.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-21-2008
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by fddriver02 View Post
A stock RB26 makes no power. No competition against a LS9.


I've built one, driven a car powered by one, and can honestly say that motor is the best piece of engineering I've ever seen.

Last edited by Jp7; 12-21-2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: FD is an idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-21-2008
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post


I've built one, driven a car powered by one, and can honestly say that motor is the best piece of engineering I've ever seen.

Last edited by Jp7 : 6 Minutes Ago at 10:27 AM. Reason: FD is an idiot.


Really now? Ok ricer. You are biased toward Imports only because you own one. That is just as stupid as people being biased toward American cars because they live in America. I don't believe you built your car or any other car you claim to have built. You don't even know about exhaust scavenging. I think you are just a stupid ricer that just happen to come across some money. Grow up dude.

Last edited by whippersnapper02; 12-23-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-21-2008
CBFranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post


I've built one, driven a car powered by one, and can honestly say that motor is the best piece of engineering I've ever seen.
Powerband...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-21-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
Why would you want a pushrod motor. Inferior technology.
Torque.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-21-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by fddriver02 View Post
Last edited by Jp7 : 6 Minutes Ago at 10:27 AM. Reason: FD is an idiot.

Really now? Ok ricer. You are biased toward Imports only because you own one.
I'm waiting on the day he brings his wok-cooked, soy powered crap to Buffalo.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-21-2008
TheBearJeweler's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
I'm waiting on the day he brings his wok-cooked, soy powered crap to Buffalo.
Imports are like tampons every pu$$y has one.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-21-2008
82racin's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 141
lol people make me laugh
i just dont understand why people always argue on forums
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-21-2008
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
I'm waiting on the day he brings his wok-cooked, soy powered crap to Buffalo.
Actually, I've been feeding it meth lately.

With all the crap you say, you must be using the meth on yourself.
- Oh wait, you openly admitted you keep pot in your truck... I take insults from potheads so seriously.

boohoo.

Last edited by Jp7; 12-21-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-21-2008
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweler54 View Post
Imports are like tampons every pu$$y has one.
Yes sometimes they do attract some of that, another added benefit.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-21-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweler54 View Post
Imports are like tampons every pu$$y has one.
Damn Ben.. just.. Damn..
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-21-2008
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
Actually, I've been feeding it meth lately.

With all the crap you say, you must be using the meth on yourself.
- Oh wait, you openly admitted you keep pot in your truck... I take insults from potheads so seriously.

boohoo.
Can you actually contribute something of value to this site, ricer? Suspension, engine, anything besides ' my rice is good, your trucks are inferior '.

Stupid ricers.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-23-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: omaha
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
Actually, I've been feeding it meth lately.

With all the crap you say, you must be using the meth on yourself.
- Oh wait, you openly admitted you keep pot in your truck... I take insults from potheads so seriously.

boohoo.

Whats wrong with pot in your truck. I probly have 2 oz's in mine. But then again its not illegal. Its my "Medicine". Your dumb for passing judgement based on a plant.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-23-2008
DisturbedESV's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweler54 View Post
Imports are like tampons every pu$$y has one.
LMAO... you crack me up Ben
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-23-2008
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
Good, the 3.0L is a piece of ****.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-23-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: omaha
Posts: 301
amen to that
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-23-2008
CBFranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
Good, the 3.0L is a piece of ****.
With a better throttle body, better intake manifold, and some ECU modifications it can put over 200 to the crank with the same or better MPG...it's just an old design. They are extremely reliable.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-23-2008
bwester04's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 2,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFranger View Post
With a better throttle body, better intake manifold, and some ECU modifications it can put over 200 to the crank with the same or better MPG...it's just an old design. They are extremely reliable.
Agreed, better updating (other than a plastic intake manifold, one piece airbox/MAF, and more catalytic converters) over the years would have done the 3.0L OHV's stigma good, as well as Ford. I am willing to bet that engine is much cheaper to produce than the 4.0L SOHC.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-23-2008
storlied's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82racin View Post
lol people make me laugh
i just dont understand why people always argue on forums

I don't understand why everyone has to argue on These forums, I love coming here (Although I don't comment a lot, I'm reading through the forums a lot) I'm mainly an EF member if anything.. that's my main forum.. and there's not nearly as much fighting on that forum... I just don't understand you guys... Everyone is so defensive or something.

Idk, either way.. I'm not putting down these forums.. Like I said.. I come here a lot. Some people just need to grow up though.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-23-2008
0RangerEdge2's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,593
I love my 3.0. Yeah it may not have as much power as the 4.0 SOHC V6 or get the gas mileage of the 2.3L L4 but I've driven the hell out of the truck for close to 100,000 miles without any issues at all. It gets the truck where it needs to go and it does it well.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-23-2008
storlied's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Posts: 68
My dad's B series has a 2.3L I'm sure. (98) And it's never broke down, but then again.. neither has my 5.0L V8. In fact, I haven't seen big problems with any Ford engine. =)

Built Ford Tough
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1996 15x7 Steel 5 spoke wheels, unavailable. Enduro Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 7 09-20-2011 01:16 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.