Remote wire to factory HU - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Audio & Video Tech General discussion of audio and video for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-02-2006
smash_lizard's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 298
Remote wire to factory HU

So after about a 1/2 hour of banging my head against the wall I realized that the remote isn't getting power because the remote wire got left out. I looked at the wire stickey, and I think the remote wire hooks to the yellow/black wire behind the headunit, right? thanks guys.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Forgive me if I sound retarded but I've never wired an amp to any factory h/u. Um....does your factory deck have RCA's?? I know my mach mp3 deck didn't. How the hell are you planning on using the factory deck with a stereo system??
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-02-2006
smash_lizard's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 298
High to low converter, such as this one

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Qbn1Pyi...g=721&I=101PL2
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-02-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Ahhh. I'd assume you could use any wire with 12v from the deck. It's just something that runs current to the amp to say "Hey the deck is on, time for the amp to turn on as well". On my Pioneers, I've always used the power antenna wire b/c I've never had a car with a power antenna. lol

I'd prolly shoot a pm over to quest or another audio guy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2006
nvrenufedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 148
First of all, yes the yellow/black wire is the remote turn-on wire. Second, no factory deck has RCA's. Third, I would not recomend using the power antenna wire for the remote turn-on, because (especialy with aftermarket radios) when you switch it to CD the antenna will go down, cutting off the power to that wire.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrenufedge
I would not recomend using the power antenna wire for the remote turn-on, because (especialy with aftermarket radios) when you switch it to CD the antenna will go down, cutting off the power to that wire.
Never had a problem doing that on the pioneers. Deck was on and so were the amps, deck is off and so are the amps.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-03-2006
mx98ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 1,493
where is the remote on an aftermarket hu
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-08-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lowville, NY
Posts: 31
The remote turn on is usually the blue/white wire on the new head unit.
If the new head unit has no remote turn on or power antenna wire ( blue/white and blue) you can always use the head unit accessory power to trigger a relay sending power to the amp. Most head units have both these wires or at least one but some low end units may not.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-08-2006
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrenufedge
First of all, yes the yellow/black wire is the remote turn-on wire. Second, no factory deck has RCA's. Third, I would not recomend using the power antenna wire for the remote turn-on, because (especialy with aftermarket radios) when you switch it to CD the antenna will go down, cutting off the power to that wire.
first off on any new aftermarket radio has a blue wire that is the accessory wire.....it is to be used for either a power antenna OR an amp remote wire.......with aftermarket radios, when the deck comes on the blue wire has power to it and when the deck goes off the wire doesn't have power to it.....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-08-2006
04lvl2's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 5,600
Did you ever get your question answered in this thread????????? I had mine hooked up to the accessory voltage to the back of the factory radio harness I beleive, the amp would come on anytime the key was turned on. I no longer have this setup so I have no way of checking. I have wiring diagrams at home but PM Rwenzing and he should be able to help.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-08-2006
HAZZARDJOHN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wyoming MN
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrenufedge
First of all, yes the yellow/black wire is the remote turn-on wire. Second, no factory deck has RCA's. Third, I would not recomend using the power antenna wire for the remote turn-on, because (especialy with aftermarket radios) when you switch it to CD the antenna will go down, cutting off the power to that wire.

I have a power antenna and an aftermarket deck and the antenna stays up as long as the HU is on. no matter what it's doing. It would be nice if it worked that way casue then I could listen to a CD in the car wash instead of silence. I have had 7 Cars with Power antenna's and none of them ever went down when the CD was spinning, and all of them had aftermarket HU's.

~HJ
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-10-2006
nvrenufedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 148
Ok, it looks to be I have had a lot of comments on my comment. I don't know who wired up your systems or who told you all this but maybe you guys should have paid a little more attention to what I said.

The yellow/black wire was the factory turn-on color!!!

On aftermarkets, the blue is the power antenna wire. The blue/white is the remote turn-on wire.

Maybe you guys have both power antenna & turn-on lead to the blue/white wire or something else cause everytime I've hooked it up the right way, when you switch from radio to CD the antenna should go down!!

I should know what I'm talking about since I do this EVERYDAY!! And for a living!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-10-2006
nvrenufedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04lvl2
Did you ever get your question answered in this thread????????? I had mine hooked up to the accessory voltage to the back of the factory radio harness I beleive, the amp would come on anytime the key was turned on. I no longer have this setup so I have no way of checking. I have wiring diagrams at home but PM Rwenzing and he should be able to help.
Btw, I did awnser his question in my first post. But it seems to me no one read it very well.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-10-2006
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrenufedge
Ok, it looks to be I have had a lot of comments on my comment. I don't know who wired up your systems or who told you all this but maybe you guys should have paid a little more attention to what I said.

The yellow/black wire was the factory turn-on color!!!

On aftermarkets, the blue is the power antenna wire. The blue/white is the remote turn-on wire.

Maybe you guys have both power antenna & turn-on lead to the blue/white wire or something else cause everytime I've hooked it up the right way, when you switch from radio to CD the antenna should go down!!

I should know what I'm talking about since I do this EVERYDAY!! And for a living!
on aftermarkets, there is no solid blue wire.........it is a blue/white wire.....i am not going to get into a pissing match with you but i am sure others will concure that there is no solid blue wire on aftermarket radios......just a blue/white that usually has a little tag on it.....here is a pic for ya....i would guess that if pioneer doesn't have a blue/white wire then it is not a common occurance on any other radios since they usually lead the industry in aftermarket radios....

i see no blue/white wire that is just for the intenna here.....o wait it look like pioneer doesn't have one...they use the solid blue wire to turn on the atenna AND the amps!!! so i guess that since they use 1 wire for both that the power antenna would stay up when you switch from radio to CD because you would still want your amps on....



here is a zoom in of the solid BLUE wire that describes what it is used for....

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-10-2006
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
BTW.....those pics are directly out of a Pioneer 6800 cd player.......even the $100 cheap o JVC that i have in my Daily driver uses a blue/white wire for the antenna and amp turn on leads...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-10-2006
nvrenufedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 148
Maybe you use the cheap stuff then, like Pioneer & JVC. Because my both of my Alpine's have a BLUE wire that is for power antenna. Oh gee, so does Kenwood and Clarion!

Like I said, I DO THIS FOR A LIVING! So I know that some have that blue antenna wire. Don't sit there and tell me what i do or don't see!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-10-2006
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrenufedge
Maybe you use the cheap stuff then, like Pioneer & JVC. Because my both of my Alpine's have a BLUE wire that is for power antenna. Oh gee, so does Kenwood and Clarion!

Like I said, I DO THIS FOR A LIVING! So I know that some have that blue antenna wire. Don't sit there and tell me what i do or don't see!
they may have utilize a blue wire but i guarantee you that they DO NOT have both wires.........

btw......pioneer radios are NOT cheap.....they are just about the best in the industry....they usually lead the industry in new designs......i wouldn't buy anything but pioneer.......













shat what is it with all these new members coming here and starting crap...........that is getting pretty old........
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-10-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrenufedge
Maybe you use the cheap stuff then, like Pioneer

Whoa, whoa, whoa. *Face turns red* I'll be the better person and stand down from this one...

It's a powerful tool, use it. Maybe the cheap Pioneers Circuit City or Wal-Mart carries. That's only b/c they cater to that market.....dumba$$es.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-10-2006
04lvl2's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 5,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrenufedge
Maybe you use the cheap stuff then, like Pioneer & JVC. Because my both of my Alpine's have a BLUE wire that is for power antenna. Oh gee, so does Kenwood and Clarion!

Like I said, I DO THIS FOR A LIVING! So I know that some have that blue antenna wire. Don't sit there and tell me what i do or don't see!
****ing newbie how bout you you address what the guy is actually using instead of what YOU are using, oh wait do you know what brand he is hooking up?????????????????????????????????????
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-10-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrenufedge
Maybe you use the cheap stuff then, like Pioneer & JVC. Because my both of my Alpine's have a BLUE wire that is for power antenna. Oh gee, so does Kenwood and Clarion!

Like I said, I DO THIS FOR A LIVING! So I know that some have that blue antenna wire. Don't sit there and tell me what i do or don't see!
YO F-ing dingo nice dissing newb! i only own Pioneer, and BTW Pioneer remote wire is blue you moron so go back to doing it for a living that you dont know f-ing squat about!

Last edited by Redneckstone; 09-11-2006 at 12:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-13-2006
nvrenufedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
YO F-ing dingo nice dissing newb! i only own Pioneer, and BTW Pioneer remote wire is blue you moron so go back to doing it for a living that you dont know f-ing squat about!
Actually its blue/white ya f-n redneck, look at the pic he posted!!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-13-2006
nvrenufedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04lvl2
****ing newbie how bout you you address what the guy is actually using instead of what YOU are using, oh wait do you know what brand he is hooking up?????????????????????????????????????
Well, originally he didn't say. But if you look at my previous posts I covered all of them.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-13-2006
nvrenufedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
they may have utilize a blue wire but i guarantee you that they DO NOT have both wires.........

btw......pioneer radios are NOT cheap.....they are just about the best in the industry....they usually lead the industry in new designs......i wouldn't buy anything but pioneer.......













shat what is it with all these new members coming here and starting crap...........that is getting pretty old........
Actually, Both of my Alpine's have a blue wire for power antenna and a blue/white wire for remote turn-on!! So does Kenwood & Clarion. Pioneer only has a blue/white wire that is used for both. I looked at them at work cause we are a Pioneer dealer.

Last edited by nvrenufedge; 09-13-2006 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-13-2006
nvrenufedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 148
BTW, whats with all the name calling and swearing? C'mon guys lets be mature about this. I'm just telling you what I see and whats out there. If you can't take that then keep your mouth shut! I may be a newbie to these sites, but I'm not a newbie to car audio!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-13-2006
nvrenufedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 148
Alright, I'm gonna end this one. I'm not dissin' Pioneer, lord knows I've used them in the past. All I'm saying is know what you're talking about before you talk about it. This is not how I intended this thread to go. I'm not trying to **** people off. I'm just telling you what else is out there. Not everything revolves around Pioneer. Whats with the finger gestures and the name calling, cause anybody can do that on the internet. Ya, thats something to show newbies, how you guys talk on this forum.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wiring a switch onto my Remote Wire newfrank Audio & Video Tech 13 07-27-2011 09:18 AM
HELP WITH REMOTE STARTER WIRE? beachbumfl General Technical & Electrical 4 06-22-2009 09:33 PM
Remote control wire FordRangerXLT Audio & Video Tech 7 11-02-2007 11:49 AM
Damn remote wire!! Help Please....... pushdeck Audio & Video Tech 9 01-12-2007 04:42 PM
remote wire for two amps and a eq birdie2000 Audio & Video Tech 10 04-22-2005 06:19 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:17 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.