35% Tint on front...whats it look like? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Exterior Semi-Tech General discussion of exterior for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-14-2005
02FordFX4's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Swampscott, MA
Posts: 107
35% Tint on front...whats it look like?

Im lookin to get my front windows tinted to match the back but most places Ive called in MA wont do 20% cuz its illegal...and the place I used to go to that would do it for me closed. Sooo im debating on putting legal 35% on. Does anyone have pics of a ranger with 35% up front or even better a black ranger supercab?

Thanks guys
Jay
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-14-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
acully there rear windows are inbetween 20-35 so it will be a little lighter
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-14-2005
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
It looks pretty sweet -- but I wouldn't offroad with it, especially at night. If you're going to take the FX4 off the pavement (and I hope you do or what a waste), I wouldn't get any tinting done.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-14-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3elz
It looks pretty sweet -- but I wouldn't offroad with it, especially at night. If you're going to take the FX4 off the pavement (and I hope you do or what a waste), I wouldn't get any tinting done.
I have limo on my rear windows and 20 on my doors and I dont have a problem seeing at night off-roading. plus ehem light usually helps a little
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-14-2005
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
No trouble? Okay, but you just haven't run into the situation yet, I bet. Anything you do to decrease visibility hurts your perception. And lights burn out, break and you can't always count on having super bright illumination.

My comment stands. It's common sense, regardless of what you've experienced so far.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-14-2005
yumcheetos's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pickens,SC
Posts: 955
I'v got 5% on rear and sides and nothin up front. At night ill be reading a sign through the front glass, and I start to pass it. Yeah I can't even see the outline of the sign anymore not to mention the letters. lol
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-14-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3elz
No trouble? Okay, but you just haven't run into the situation yet, I bet. Anything you do to decrease visibility hurts your perception. And lights burn out, break and you can't always count on having super bright illumination.

My comment stands. It's common sense, regardless of what you've experienced so far.
john thats also why the windows roll down and the slider open there bud
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-14-2005
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Wasn't this topic about the WINDSHIELD??? If you get a folding windshield on a Ranger definitely post that "how-to", lol!

My winter offroading would not be so much fun on those 10-15 degree nights with the windows open. I think your climate gives you more freedom in that regard.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-14-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3elz
Wasn't this topic about the WINDSHIELD??? If you get a folding windshield on a Ranger definitely post that "how-to", lol!

My winter offroading would not be so much fun on those 10-15 degree nights with the windows open. I think your climate gives you more freedom in that regard.
O poor john...read the post agian man...he means the front door windows not the windshield there buck
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-14-2005
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Okay, Bozo the Clone -- I thought he meant the windshield -- but it's still a bad idea for the reasons stated. That kind of tinting is just for looks primarily at the expense of function. Your argument to the contrary makes no sense since reducing the light decreases what you have to play with. As marvelous as the human eyes are, depth perception and detail perception go DOWN as you decrease the light level. How can you argue with that?

You argument is basically like the guy that goes 20 mph over the speed limit and says it's not a problem because he's never gotten a ticket.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-14-2005
02FordFX4's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Swampscott, MA
Posts: 107
Well I havent gone offroading yet, because Im in college and dont have the time, I think I may try it in the summer. Ive seen 35% in the front 2 windows before and its not dark enough...maybe cuz my last car was a stratus R/T and I had 20% all around...i dunno. But thanks for the input guys, I never realized that tint + offroading = a bad situation
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-14-2005
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Probably only for nightime offroading. I'm not sure it's a hindrance during the day in most places, unless you're in a really dark forest or a storm or something.

Vision is CRITICAL offroad (not that it's not ON-ROAD, lol -- but the conditions and hazards are different).
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-14-2005
Shalafi49's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Altamonte Springs FL
Posts: 2,070
I go offroading and I'll be going 10% tint....after I add some KC slimlites
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-14-2005
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
That's because your a crazy pushnut maniac. It's a bad idea even for YOU!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-14-2005
Shalafi49's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Altamonte Springs FL
Posts: 2,070
My pushnuts will see me thru the darkest of nights!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-14-2005
Strider0O0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,588
i have a black ext. cab.. the rear was factory tinted, so i went to a tint guy and told him to match the front with the rest.. im not sure what percentage it is exactly.. he just told me he'd do it.. here's a few pics of mine.. its not insanely dark, but a nice notice inside for those sunny days...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-14-2005
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
He he! Just noticed the banner under your user name -- pretty good!

I wouldn't be surprised if someone DID want to advertise there!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-14-2005
Strider0O0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,588
lol.. i wanted to put "Your Ad Here! Call 1-800.." but there wasn't enough room
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-14-2005
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
i wouldnt even bother with 35% there is no point. just get 15% which is what the stock back windows are and be done with it, i have 15% and can see just fine. i wish i would have went with 5% and this summer i think i am going to do it all with 5%. do 15% and you will be happy with it, and dont worry about the law. rules are meant to be broken.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-14-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard
i wouldnt even bother with 35% there is no point. just get 15% which is what the stock back windows are and be done with it, i have 15% and can see just fine. i wish i would have went with 5% and this summer i think i am going to do it all with 5%. do 15% and you will be happy with it, and dont worry about the law. rules are meant to be broken.
Zach knows what he's talking about
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-14-2005
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
You guys are missing the point with the nighttime stuff.

Why don't you be honest and say: "there's no question it interferes with vision but I don't care and I did it anyway." Who can argue with that? But to say it has no effect just makes you sound like a fool -- because the facts about it are just not arguable no matter what you say.

How come you want to misinform somebody about the facts about tinting just to justify your own use of it?

Dark tint WILL interfere with your ability to see at night. If you do it, it is at your own risk and the foolish young bucks on here do not know what they are talking about. If you want it and don't CARE that you can't see as well, just say so -- but don't try to say it's not a potential problem -- it IS.

And yes, Zach, you are one of the foolish ones. You DON'T know what you are talking about. Period. You want to argue, fine -- but the facts say you're wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-14-2005
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
ill say it, yes i cant see as well, but ill take the risk and with the tint my eyes are strained alot less from bright lights and sun. to me tint was one of the best things i have done and hate to be in a car that has no tint. i worried about the same thing when i got mine, because i have heard of people not being able to see and getting in accidents, it is also proven that it will create a better risk of getting in a crash because you cant see as well, but after getting it i have had no problems and have yet to regret it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-14-2005
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard
ill say it, yes i cant see as well, but ill take the risk and with the tint my eyes are strained alot less from bright lights and sun. to me tint was one of the best things i have done and hate to be in a car that has no tint. i worried about the same thing when i got mine, because i have heard of people not being able to see and getting in accidents, it is also proven that it will create a better risk of getting in a crash because you cant see as well, but after getting it i have had no problems and have yet to regret it.
Thank you!

I have no problem with people doing what they want -- but I think on the board we should tell the "downside" honestly as well so people can make a REAL decision, no just jump on the bandwagon.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-14-2005
GONRACIN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3elz
No trouble? Okay, but you just haven't run into the situation yet, I bet. Anything you do to decrease visibility hurts your perception. And lights burn out, break and you can't always count on having super bright illumination.

My comment stands. It's common sense, regardless of what you've experienced so far.

that's why I haven't got my windows tinted yet...I was thinking of doing it, but didn't, because of those reasons...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-14-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
John really man lighten up I **wasn't** yelling at all thus the smilie's.....and dont say crap like "and the foolish young bucks on here do not know what they are talking about. " makes you sound like a complete jerk, you dont know what I know you dont know what I have done. to me the tint is not a problem at all so deal with it. your not the all knowning god over every person john your a human being just like all of us....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tint or not to tint russiankid Exterior Semi-Tech 11 01-14-2012 04:47 PM
tint tails with the tint spray WHAT DID I DO WRONG?? joshtank Exterior Semi-Tech 1 08-30-2009 08:11 PM
look look look ... bruiser General Ford Ranger Discussion 7 11-27-2007 04:37 PM
Tint... Upgrading my tint Job need opinions and adivce. FMD Interior Semi-Tech 4 07-06-2007 01:38 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.