Lights - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Exterior Semi-Tech General discussion of exterior for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-17-2006
98TexasRanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 395
Lights

ok...talk to me. I have a 1998 Ranger 2wd. I want to put some fog/driving/offroad lights on it. Not sure what style or size I should get. I would also like some input on where on how to mount them...Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2006
evnmn3's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 871
Read up on this.

https://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2...ead.php?t=7604

Redneckstone wrote up a really good page on KC Lights.

My personal favorite is the 150W. Lights up everything...Ive got them attached on a Westin Grill Guard, but there are many other ways to mount them such as a light bar and I believe you can buy some small light tabs to mount them on your bumper. Junes maybe? Im sure somebody else can help me out here...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2006
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
I have some 150w Driving lights mounted to my WAAG Bar and it makes night look like day!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-17-2006
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 5,782
I use PIAA 520 Series Ion Fog lights. I love them and they've worked great for me. They are pricey though. I'd say if you are looking for a more economical, middle of the road light, KC or Hella would be great. If you just want some for looks and are less concerned with actual lighting performance, the $20 walmart-special should suit your needs just fine.

As for mounting, do a search for "light tabs" I think Jusnes Modified sells them. They attach behind your bumper and have a small tab that sticks out between the grill and the bumper and is just the right size and location to mount the lights on.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-17-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead61
I use PIAA 520 Series Ion Fog lights. I love them and they've worked great for me. They are pricey though. I'd say if you are looking for a more economical, middle of the road light, KC or Hella would be great. If you just want some for looks and are less concerned with actual lighting performance, the $20 walmart-special should suit your needs just fine.

As for mounting, do a search for "light tabs" I think Jusnes Modified sells them. They attach behind your bumper and have a small tab that sticks out between the grill and the bumper and is just the right size and location to mount the lights on.
MIDDLE OF THE ROAD LIGHT WTF...more in pricing but not in quality i will take a KC over PIAA any day, does your PIAA back there lights 100% for 23 FREAKING YEARS um NO... personally they are HUGLY over priced and a rip off. and YES i do have personal experiance in seeing them i am not just blowing shat out my ***....

enough sayed...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-17-2006
shadyluke's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West Grove, PA
Posts: 2,077
I got the middle of the road Pro Comp lights. Same specs as the KC's but without the 23 year warrenty. If your mounting on light tabs, I would go with the Hella 500's. They look great and are slimmer than KC (unless you wanna buy KC slimlites). The slimmer light just looks better on a light tab.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-17-2006
bwester04's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 2,641
and/or.. you could start by adding factory fogs to your truck, you might have the wiring there already, just need the fog switch and lights/brackets with the 4x4/XLT Sport valence
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-17-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyluke
I got the middle of the road Pro Comp lights. Same specs as the KC's but without the 23 year warrenty. If your mounting on light tabs, I would go with the Hella 500's. They look great and are slimmer than KC (unless you wanna buy KC slimlites). The slimmer light just looks better on a light tab.
owned procomps never agian! the powder coat on the black one's are like .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 001" thick after 1 snow fall with salt they where rust *****. and the seals that seal the inside of the houseing SUCK *** my lights kept burning out constantly cause of water...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-17-2006
shadyluke's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West Grove, PA
Posts: 2,077
Hey at least I got the stainless ones and from the look of the seals on these I don't think I will have a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-17-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
ya thats what i thought...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-17-2006
FireRanger's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 0
I have the 130 watt procomps on my WAAG bar and tied into my high beams. I can see a deer in the road from the other end of town.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-18-2006
doc's Avatar
doc doc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
owned procomps never agian! the powder coat on the black one's are like .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 001" thick after 1 snow fall with salt they where rust *****. and the seals that seal the inside of the houseing SUCK *** my lights kept burning out constantly cause of water...

My one KC's powder coating has vanished... AND the inside is rusted. So they will suffer...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-18-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc
My one KC's powder coating has vanished... AND the inside is rusted. So they will suffer...
your point call up KC and send it back you will probly get a brand new one...problem solved thus the lovely 23 year warrenty
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-18-2006
shadyluke's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West Grove, PA
Posts: 2,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
your point call up KC and send it back you will probly get a brand new one...problem solved thus the lovely 23 year warrenty
Yeah but if you don't have a reciept will they still warrent them. We have a set of forever old 57 series chrome ones that one is completely shot and the other works but I can't get it apart to change the bulb. They aren't 23 yrs old but we no longer have a reciept.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-18-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyluke
Yeah but if you don't have a reciept will they still warrent them. We have a set of forever old 57 series chrome ones that one is completely shot and the other works but I can't get it apart to change the bulb. They aren't 23 yrs old but we no longer have a reciept.
lol guess its good to know the CEO then LOL...i never have the problem....and also i acully still have my receipts i file eveything i buy on my truck in the filing cabinet
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-18-2006
shadyluke's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West Grove, PA
Posts: 2,077
Yeah they weren't bought for my truck. We had em on a tractor
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wiring spot lights into reverse lights LowMaz General Technical & Electrical 1 07-23-2007 11:58 PM
Dash Lights and Instrument Panel Lights... Colors??? bdc217 General Technical & Electrical 8 07-02-2007 09:26 PM
Fog Lights or Off-Road Lights Hawklore New Ideas 25 05-30-2007 07:46 PM
Driving Lights/ Not Fogs or off road lights 06VRSCA Exterior Semi-Tech 3 02-27-2007 12:53 PM
parking lights and dash lights kevman41635 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 8 07-04-2006 11:03 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.