Push Bumper/Grille Gaurd Answers - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Exterior Semi-Tech General discussion of exterior for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 11-06-2008
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
Next month??? So far away. You bringing your truck down to Big Bear??
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-06-2008
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
ok just called the company direct very nice and very helpful.

they said all the bars are made to order none in stock..

direct prices which they give you dealers to go threw because the lady said you will get a better price brake.

but direct was $229 for alum and $219 for steel both not including shipping. another reason they said go threw a local dealer.

also as you see on the middle horizontal bar there is rubber that is $30 extra if you don't want to pay that the bar will just not have that rubber on the center bar..

also NONE of the bars are predrilled for lights. BUT if specified they will drill before powder coating..

hope this helps people. i know i will prob be placing a order here soon..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-06-2008
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJustin View Post
Next month??? So far away. You bringing your truck down to Big Bear??
Yes i will be hopefully bringing the truck up, hoping to not spend 685 on a drive line again.. ha.

but yeah i get boarding free at bear and summit so i go when i can nice get away..

even though utah snow = GOD
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-06-2008
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
ok just called the company direct very nice and very helpful.

they said all the bars are made to order none in stock..

direct prices which they give you dealers to go threw because the lady said you will get a better price brake.

but direct was $229 for alum and $219 for steel both not including shipping. another reason they said go threw a local dealer.

also as you see on the middle horizontal bar there is rubber that is $30 extra if you don't want to pay that the bar will just not have that rubber on the center bar..

also NONE of the bars are predrilled for lights. BUT if specified they will drill before powder coating..

hope this helps people. i know i will prob be placing a order here soon..
So she is saying go 3rd party for ordering them?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-06-2008
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
Nice info Zach!

Jay how the hell do you get free passes???

I have yet to get out of state for boarding, been to Mammoth (just opened this week) and Tahoe before though...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-06-2008
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycheetwood View Post
So she is saying go 3rd party for ordering them?
yes she said you will get a better price if you do.. call the 1-800# and she is very nice and will give you dealers in your state nearest you...

you dont have to order 3rd party those prices i posted where direct prices from the manufacture...

good thing on the 98-00 issue it doesnt matter for me i have to fab brackets anyways because of my body lift. but for $200 for the bar thats a good price
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-06-2008
ranger_1999's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: spindale, NC
Posts: 1,444
So this will work on 98-00 rangers??
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-06-2008
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJustin View Post
Nice info Zach!

Jay how the hell do you get free passes???

I have yet to get out of state for boarding, been to Mammoth (just opened this week) and Tahoe before though...
I worked there for three years.. and my friends mom is the MTN manager hehe.. So there is some perks to who you know.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-06-2008
SparkYZ's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Posts: 679
Jaremy, if you get the bar, send me some pictures!

I WANT ONE.

The problem is I love my chrome tow hooks on my Level 2, and I dont want to lose them!

I guess I could lose them If the bar wa strong enough as a recovery point...

Anyone know!?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-06-2008
halfmoon's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Posts: 21
Wonder what it would look like on an 07 sport?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-06-2008
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
Wait who said you loose the tow hooks??? i dont think you do ill ask Sharon at Setina =]
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-06-2008
Hanks Rangers's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sandpoint, ID
Posts: 821
i already asked someone to photoshop it on my ranger for me and no one steped up to the challenge
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-06-2008
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
i cant photoshop for crap..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-06-2008
Fenech627's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 908
Quote:
very nice and will give you dealers in your state nearest
Who is closest to us?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-06-2008
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
Hmmm you can order straight from setina but i have found the push bumper online for like 199.95..
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-06-2008
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycheetwood View Post
Hmmm you can order straight from setina but i have found the push bumper online for like 199.95..
I said TWICE up there that you can.. and the prices i gave where direct with out shipping...


they SAY its better to order from a dealer like i ALREADY stated.. they will even give you #'s of places local to you being you get a better deal from a dealer.. and no shipping... for the 3rd time now... maybe you will read this correctly..
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-06-2008
Hanks Rangers's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sandpoint, ID
Posts: 821
what he said ^^^
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-06-2008
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenech627 View Post
Who is closest to us?
the best recommended and closest is in southgate

Winder Police Equipment Inc‎
13200 Reeck Rd, Southgate, MI‎ - (734) 281-6800

she said that is there biggest dealer in MI...

next is

Canfield Equipment Service Inc‎
22077 Mound Rd, Warren, MI‎ - (586) 757-2020‎


she said the best one to go threw is Winder... i plan on calling both tomorrow morning...
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-06-2008
Fenech627's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 908
Quote:
the best recommended and closest is in southgate

Winder Police Equipment Inc‎
13200 Reeck Rd, Southgate, MI‎ - (734) 281-6800

she said that is there biggest dealer in MI...

next is

Canfield Equipment Service Inc‎
22077 Mound Rd, Warren, MI‎ - (586) 757-2020‎


she said the best one to go threw is Winder... i plan on calling both tomorrow morning...
Good deal throw a PM with what they said if you dont mind
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-06-2008
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenech627 View Post
Good deal throw a PM with what they said if you dont mind
no prob... you understood the prices above where direct right? its not just me losing my mind with "jaycheetwood" not reading right?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-07-2008
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
Do people lose their tow hooks when they put brushguards on? I would assume this would mount the same way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycheetwood View Post
I worked there for three years.. and my friends mom is the MTN manager hehe.. So there is some perks to who you know.
Share the wealth!!! haha (no but seriously...hook it up...haha)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-07-2008
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJustin View Post
Do people lose their tow hooks when they put brushguards on? I would assume this would mount the same way...



Share the wealth!!! haha (no but seriously...hook it up...haha)
Hmm maybe.. haha.. last year when i went i was able to get 2 tickets for the whole week for freeeee.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-10-2008
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
So i got some bad news from Setina today - bad for those with FX4's or with tow hooks..

"You will lose your tow hooks with our bumper installation.

I will attach a copy of our installation instructions.



Thanks for the inquiry.

John A. Lauritzen
Operation Manager
Setina Mfg.
Phone 360-491-6197
Fax 360-459-0729
[email protected]"



THIS PART IS JUST FUNNY PLEASE READ BELOW:

"From: Sharon [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 7:22 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: FW: PB400 Questions:

John, can you look at this pix and tell me if these tow hooks will interfere with this guys bumpers. I can’t imagine a Ford Ranger enthusiasts club, Corvettes maybe!

Thanks,

Sharon"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-10-2008
Fenech627's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 908
ahahah
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-10-2008
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
gotta love that.. "I can’t imagine a Ford Ranger enthusiasts club"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
push bar lights and how to mount push bar redneck ranger99 New Ideas 0 10-18-2010 01:57 PM
Grille Gaurd ? CJGSAY Exterior Semi-Tech 3 11-21-2008 11:08 PM
GRILLE ??? wut kind of grille gaurd on blue edge at main screen?!??! AndyRanger1 Exterior Semi-Tech 6 02-26-2008 11:24 PM
grille gaurd pablo sanchez de la vega Fabrication & Tool Tech 7 09-10-2007 10:10 PM
Inexpensive Grille Gaurd from JCW jtslmn720 Exterior Semi-Tech 18 01-12-2005 05:57 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:35 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.