Seems there aren't many making Ranger bumpers...... - Page 3 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Fabrication & Tool Tech Need assistance with or ideas for custom metal fabrication? Want to show off your fabrication abilities or custom modifications? This is the sub-forum for you.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #51  
Old 10-19-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsman
If I hit another car I'd want what I have or the stock bumper. I wouldn't want to destroy the other car. If there were children or adults in the back I wouldn't want to kill or maim them. If I caused the accident I'd rather take most of the damage. If it was a high speed accident and a person was killed I wouldn't want to be on trial for manslaughter. I'm just being a smart *** though. I understand what you mean Andy.
I care about my life more than the other car. I'd prefer survive. I don't want to needlessly kill them of course.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-19-2007
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
^ exactly.. but thats why i have a truck. i kinda dont like cars for the reason of being small and low. if you have a car you better know how deadly it can be against all the other big vehicles on the road
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-19-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by INT3RC3PTOR
^ exactly.. but thats why i have a truck. i kinda dont like cars for the reason of being small and low. if you have a car you better know how deadly it can be against all the other big vehicles on the road


You wiiish you had a truck Mang!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-19-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Lets bring it back on topic guys, this is ideas and suggestions for bumpers, not for which one is more deadly....
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-19-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 399
why not make a pipe bumper and cover it with thin plate, or even some fiberglass to pretty it up?

the idea is more to have a integrated skid plate and winch really isnt it? no one is running into trees/rocks/cars for fun...

i would love a bumper that worked well with my stock bumper but was better for off road, i just need a skid plate i guess

the one brian has is sweet tho, as is the first two posted by aaron
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-19-2007
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
yeah well i'm build'n a sick tube bumper with a BAMF skid on the front for the PT..watch the *** out!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-19-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noone
why not make a pipe bumper and cover it with thin plate, or even some fiberglass to pretty it up?

the idea is more to have a integrated skid plate and winch really isnt it? no one is running into trees/rocks/cars for fun...

i would love a bumper that worked well with my stock bumper but was better for off road, i just need a skid plate i guess

the one brian has is sweet tho, as is the first two posted by aaron
pipe is for water, Tube is for bumpers.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-19-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger4.0
pipe is for water, Tube is for bumpers.
Interestingly enough though, lots of "tube" is called pipe, even though it is in fact tube. In construction there's usage of pipe(im not talking about sewage).
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-19-2007
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
yeah.. i'm gona make a black pipe bumper lol.. good ole sprinkler pipe
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-19-2007
Trevelyn1015's Avatar
Still El Presidente...
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,900
haha, that ugly humongous bumper i built was out of schedule 40 pipe. but it did what it was meant to do, hit bump gates and not damage the truck...

i think tommy hit a wall and it didn't even scuff it.

anyway, here's an update RuffStuff Specialties is now an authorized R-F vendor...
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 10-19-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by c10e15d84
haha, that ugly humongous bumper i built was out of schedule 40 pipe. but it did what it was meant to do, hit bump gates and not damage the truck...

i think tommy hit a wall and it didn't even scuff it.

anyway, here's an update RuffStuff Specialties is now an authorized R-F vendor...

And scare off the ladies!



Hey uhh, are bump gates the entrances to farms and gated properties?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-19-2007
Trevelyn1015's Avatar
Still El Presidente...
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ak_Ranger
Hey uhh, are bump gates the entrances to farms and gated properties?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-20-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 399
sure they arnt pipe gates?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-20-2007
Trevelyn1015's Avatar
Still El Presidente...
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,900
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-20-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noone
sure they arnt pipe gates?
Uhh, according to Wikipedia, its the same thing just with a mechanism for it to shut.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-20-2007
Trevelyn1015's Avatar
Still El Presidente...
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,900
aroound here they're done a little differently, but for the most part people call em bump gates if they're made to open by hitting them with your truck.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-20-2007
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Maker

From another direction, why don't I see that many Rangers linked up in the rear?
my truck will be linked in the rear. I'm interested in your trusses and link brackets. that 10% off will help my project come faster :)
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-20-2007
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01
I'd really like to see something that will fit '98+, and include flowing with the underside of the lights and grille.....basicially not flat with a gap under the headlites, and tight on the bottom of the grille. AHHH, hard to describe.....quick drawing.


i like that design as well.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-20-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 399
i was just trying to be a smart ***. who really cares if you call it them pipes or tubes, they are pretty much synonyms...

it does seem hard to find ranger bumpers in general, even pipe ones
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-21-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North GA
Posts: 590
Ok didn't read the whole thread.. the biggest concern for me in a tube bumper....

The ability to put a hi-lift under one of the tubes and then be able to jack the truck up....

Some of the bumpers i've seen i would question if you could jack the truck up that way... Hoping to get one built in the next yr or so and have a good jack point on it!!

Just my 2 cents though
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-21-2007
logan03CO's Avatar
Member

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01
I'd really like to see something that will fit '98+, and include flowing with the underside of the lights and grille.....basicially not flat with a gap under the headlites, and tight on the bottom of the grille. AHHH, hard to describe.....quick drawing.


That is exactly what I would be looking to buy!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-21-2007
camodown's Avatar
Lost in Nowhere
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 5,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01
I'd really like to see something that will fit '98+, and include flowing with the underside of the lights and grille.....basicially not flat with a gap under the headlites, and tight on the bottom of the grille. AHHH, hard to describe.....quick drawing.

I'm close to that
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-21-2007
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown
I'm close to that
ya and I hate you for it, not really. I just want your bumper really bad. I wish someone made one for our trucks!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-22-2007
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by stRanger
Ok didn't read the whole thread.. the biggest concern for me in a tube bumper....

The ability to put a hi-lift under one of the tubes and then be able to jack the truck up....

Some of the bumpers i've seen i would question if you could jack the truck up that way... Hoping to get one built in the next yr or so and have a good jack point on it!!

Just my 2 cents though
This accessory could be handy for guys with tube.

http://wabfab.org/products/recovery/recovery.htm

I should order one since it'll be safer to use than just putting the jack under my sliders. I guess it wouldn't be the best option for front bumpers because the tube would be to high and then the jack would be way more unstable than usual.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-22-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North GA
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsman
This accessory could be handy for guys with tube.

http://wabfab.org/products/recovery/recovery.htm

I should order one since it'll be safer to use than just putting the jack under my sliders. I guess it wouldn't be the best option for front bumpers because the tube would be to high and then the jack would be way more unstable than usual.

Wouldn't be the BEST option, but sometimes its the only one!!! Loosen lug nuts, jack up truck from bumper, rip of the tire toss it under the pumpkin, let the back back down and work on truck....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
found what seems to be the best wheel polish out there djfllmn Auto Detailing 101 11 03-21-2012 01:52 PM
Companies making steel bumpers Ranger Sport Exterior Semi-Tech 24 02-29-2012 10:16 AM
WTT my chrome bumpers/nerf bars for your Black painted bumpers/nerf bars: Arkansas TheBearJeweler Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 12 05-11-2009 01:55 PM
finally got my system done.(many many pics) rideabikenick Audio & Video Tech 12 02-09-2007 06:17 PM
Swapping Edge Painted Bumpers for XLT Bumpers pastfinder Exterior Semi-Tech 12 04-28-2006 06:16 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:11 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.