Taylor's steel rear bumper - Page 5 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Fabrication & Tool Tech Need assistance with or ideas for custom metal fabrication? Want to show off your fabrication abilities or custom modifications? This is the sub-forum for you.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #101  
Old 12-04-2011
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
Looking better!
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-04-2011
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Now that looks like it was built strong, look at them welds DAMN. I would add 1/4'' plate on the back side so the upper inner side is hidden with a hole drilled out for the spare tire.

Yard needs to be raked looks like the leafs haven't fallen yet wow
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-04-2011
Ranger4.0XLT's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northford, CT
Posts: 501
Looks good! Did you bedline the whole bottom of the truck? any pics of the whole truck? I'll try to make it next week, It should be a good time with some people going.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-04-2011
Taylor's Avatar
Ive been dubbed....an old volk
Thread Starter
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 7,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98liftedranger View Post
Looking better!
Thanks! It sure is, now that it isnt rust colored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RangerDave View Post
Now that looks like it was built strong, look at them welds DAMN. I would add 1/4'' plate on the back side so the upper inner side is hidden with a hole drilled out for the spare tire.

Yard needs to be raked looks like the leafs haven't fallen yet wow
Yup, I planned on this thing being indestructable.

Im trying to design something to fill in the gap between the bumper and the tailgate.
Im making a custom LED light bar.... so I need a little bit of extra space so that peolpe will be able to see it.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-04-2011
Jason8n's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Roxboro, North Carolina
Posts: 708
Looks great! Like Dave said, 1/4'' plate with a hole drilled for the spare tire would be perfect.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 12-04-2011
Taylor's Avatar
Ive been dubbed....an old volk
Thread Starter
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 7,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger4.0XLT View Post
Looks good! Did you bedline the whole bottom of the truck? any pics of the whole truck? I'll try to make it next week, It should be a good time with some people going.
Nope, I still have to do the rest of the truck. Ill probably wait until next spring/summer, so that it will dry well.

Hope to see you!
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 12-04-2011
littlered's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lewistown, Mo
Posts: 1,542
Looks good!
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 12-04-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Looks strong man.
I'm with Dave, plate that bitch. lol.
you said you were making a light bar for it? I was gonna recommend that to fill the gap.

You call that yard dirty? Thats what mine looks like on a clean day.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 12-04-2011
Taylor's Avatar
Ive been dubbed....an old volk
Thread Starter
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 7,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger View Post
Looks strong man.
I'm with Dave, plate that bitch. lol.
you said you were making a light bar for it? I was gonna recommend that to fill the gap.

You call that yard dirty? Thats what mine looks like on a clean day.
yeah, but the lights are pretty thin so Im gonna still have to make something.

And yeah, this yard is crazy compared to what it normally is.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 12-04-2011
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,666
Interesting, quite compact looking yet more refined than simple square thing... I like it. Would look awesome if you grind down/fill in the welds lines and gaps, etc. Or covered in line x
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 12-04-2011
Taylor's Avatar
Ive been dubbed....an old volk
Thread Starter
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 7,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDirigible View Post
Interesting, quite compact looking yet more refined than simple square thing... I like it. Would look awesome if you grind down/fill in the welds lines and gaps, etc. Or covered in line x
Yeah, I plan on grinding down all of the welds when I finally finish the darn thing lol.

I also thought about bed-lining it so it would kinda match the truck, but I think ill just have it powdercoated black.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 12-04-2011
WillInThe04Ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Posts: 666
Hows that dupli-color holding up? Been lookin to dump my warped drop in for that type of stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-04-2011
littlered's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lewistown, Mo
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Yeah, I plan on grinding down all of the welds when I finally finish the darn thing lol.

I also thought about bed-lining it so it would kinda match the truck, but I think ill just have it powdercoated black.
I think im going to have to mod the mounts on mine sometime in the near future and i will probably bed line it then because the rattle can paint isnt holding up to rocks from the tires.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-04-2011
Taylor's Avatar
Ive been dubbed....an old volk
Thread Starter
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 7,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillInThe04Ranger View Post
Hows that dupli-color holding up? Been lookin to dump my warped drop in for that type of stuff.
The Dupli-color is holding up very well. I havnt put it through any tough stuff, but it has taken rock hits and stuff, and no problems at all.

OH YEAH, dude I just saw the same exact kit I got on sale for like $60 or $70 bucks at our local Advanced Auto. Its usually $100, so thats a pretty good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlered View Post
I think im going to have to mod the mounts on mine sometime in the near future and i will probably bed line it then because the rattle can paint isnt holding up to rocks from the tires.
Whats up with your mounts?
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-04-2011
littlered's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lewistown, Mo
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Whats up with your mounts?
I mounted it to high. when the tailgate is down and has any weight on it then it rubs on the bumper. So im going to have to cut them and add in about a 1/2 inch offset, might even bring it out about 1/4 inch.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-05-2011
WillInThe04Ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
The Dupli-color is holding up very well. I havnt put it through any tough stuff, but it has taken rock hits and stuff, and no problems at all.

OH YEAH, dude I just saw the same exact kit I got on sale for like $60 or $70 bucks at our local Advanced Auto. Its usually $100, so thats a pretty good deal.
Is that the one by Walmart in rocky mount or am I thinking autozone?
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-05-2011
Taylor's Avatar
Ive been dubbed....an old volk
Thread Starter
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 7,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillInThe04Ranger View Post
Is that the one by Walmart in rocky mount or am I thinking autozone?
That's autozone.

Advanced auto is on the same road, just further into Nashville (1.5 miles) on the right.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Steel Rear Bumper Build leney72 Fabrication & Tool Tech 23 10-08-2011 12:02 PM
i need a new rear bumper im looking for stainless steel who can do it??? RANGER8708 Fabrication & Tool Tech 10 09-11-2009 04:18 PM
wtb 98 to 2000 front bumper (taylor michigan) striped 05 edge Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 3 06-25-2009 09:50 PM
aluminized steel vs. stainless steel j18willis Drivetrain Tech 12 08-15-2005 09:49 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.