Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Superlift Installation...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Superlift install party...lol!!! I'm in

I have a buddy who has his own personal auto shop at his house...he bought a lift, tire balancer...etc from a shop that went out of business. We might be able to meet up at his place and install the lifts, atleast I know he has everything we need.

MOTO...when you gonna get your lift?? and No, I have not bought my lift yet. Just waiting until I know I will have the time and I have a buddy who's dad works for...Damn cant remember the name...some parts company, so I just have to say "get it." If we can set up a date for the "Superlift install party" I can try to get everything set up...I live over towards Newnan/Peachtree City, South of the ATL. down 85. Just let me know so I can talk it over with my buddy.

Old 08-06-2008
There is plenty to do around here. I was gonna try to put the lift on in a week or two...I'm going to Miami to visit my brother in September, but I can hold off until you get your lift if it means having a SIP(Superlift Install Party). Maybe we should contact Superlift and see if we can get them to be a party sponsor...get some free $#!t out of them...NOW who else is going to be getting a Superlift?? and be joining us??

Old 08-06-2008
hey brenton i could find you a place to stay here easily... i should have the lift by christmas. i talked to my dad this morning and he told me he will try to help me pay for the lift for christmas.

sea-bass i pulled up a map of us

we really aren't too far away. i could put this into the D3 and be there in 45 minutes. oh yea, where is the cheapest you have found the lift so far? on stuffforyourranger.com it's going for like $1850.00, but it was 1600.00 just 6 months ago. and i agree superlift needs to sponsor this party!! haha

Old 08-06-2008
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol group buy?

Old 08-06-2008
I'm not going to intall a lift on my truck right now, but I could help you guys out. I'm in the ATL area, so just let me know when and where.

Old 08-06-2008
DRAG STRIPS! Also, Steven (Capt Ovious or how ever you spell it) lives really close to McDonough I think. I've got 5k worth of tools I can bring, some air tools too... Matco Impact FTMFW!

Brenton

Old 08-06-2008
Originally Posted by freddie
Lol group buy?

yea foreal... they would have to discount us some if we three guys went in and bought superlifts

Old 08-06-2008
RF Veteran
Road trip??

Old 08-06-2008
Originally Posted by MOTOunplugged
yea foreal... they would have to discount us some if we three guys went in and bought superlifts
Hey... we can dream I suppose

Old 08-06-2008
I'll be in the market by X-Mas time (maybe/hopefully sooner) to get a lift. I'll take a road trip to Georgia. Lets party it up.

If someone can seriously contact Superlift and see if they will give a group discount, I'll get a Superlift.

Old 08-06-2008
RF Veteran
I would be down for trying a group buy. I'm planning on getting mine within the next few months.

Old 08-06-2008
I would be in the market for one by christmas hopefully. Put together a list, get some numbers going, and I'll call them and ask

Old 08-06-2008
If yall are going to buy a few lifts at the sametime then see if Wayne @ www.stuffforyourranger.com will give you a discount.

Old 08-06-2008
good call! I'll check with him too, thought idk if he could/would sell them for less than what superlift sells them to him for ya know.. guess we'lls ee

Old 08-06-2008
so who all is down for a group buy for sure during december?

1. MOTOunplugged

Old 08-06-2008
I called Wayne.

he said it doesnt matter if it's 1 kit, or 5, the cost will likely be the same. He did say though that he could beat alot of prices on the net. He mentioned $1350 but also said he'd need my address to check on freight costs.
He asked what kind of prices i had seen on the net, and it ranged from like 1498 to 1800 for the whole kit. He said he'd beat that by 100 or more.

I emailed him some information, and said we'd probably have at least 5 people by december, if not 10 or more. I'll let everyone know what he says when he emails me back, on an official cost, though it might vary slightly for shipping. I also said that I personally was interested in the superlift driveshaft as well, but i didnt know who all from here and RPS was interested in the driveshaft. So uhh, I guess we should create a new thread for this maybe? to keep count of who all is interested in a group buy in december... cause that way, if we got like 15 or so, i'm sure he could do better than 1350.

Moto, you wanna make a new thread?

Old 08-06-2008
RF Veteran
Originally Posted by freddie
I called Wayne.

he said it doesnt matter if it's 1 kit, or 5, the cost will likely be the same. He did say though that he could beat alot of prices on the net. He mentioned $1350 but also said he'd need my address to check on freight costs. I emailed him some information, and said we'd probably have at least 5 people by december, if not 10 or more. I'll let everyone know what he says when he emails me back, on an official cost, though it might vary slightly for shipping. I also said that I personally was interested in the superlift driveshaft as well, but i didnt know who all from here and RPS was interested in the driveshaft.
That's awesome, way better then the $1600 or so I've seen. Thanks for the good info.

Old 08-06-2008
No problem. That mean you're planning on getting in on it come december or so?

Wayne also said he wasnt able to get "as good" of pricing cause he hadnt been selling his quota or whatever, so maybe if we help him out with an order of 10-15 kits, maybe he'd be able to snag better pricing..

Old 08-06-2008
man $1350 would be an excellent price. that means i could have my new tires even sooner. i've also got my #1 torsion bars to put in too. but i've been pretty sick lately and haven't been able to go to work :( freddie you driving down to GA for the install?

Old 08-06-2008
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did mine all by myself in 3 days. I had read the instructions over and over and over. I also soaked every bolt and nut on the truck with PB blaster for a week. You can do it with a jack ( I would say 2 to make it easier) and definatley some jackstands. You will need either the torsion bar puller which is around 70$ on the local snapon truck, or u can get a 3 jaw puller and be really carefull but it will work fine. Here's the thread for my install, not a how to but at least some pics for u to look at. Hope this helps man.

https://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2...erlift+Install

Old 08-06-2008
Lol yeah as long as i could get an alignment before i drove back up to ohio, i'd come down

Old 08-06-2008
you can run 35x12.50s without the body lift...

Old 08-06-2008
i'm going to be running 4.10's with the 35's. i think both trevor and shane are running them.... it would be a while before i had the money to regear to 4.56's

Old 08-06-2008
The only issue with running 33s or 35s other than the take off power is stopping distance.
I almost rear end someone who stomped on their brakes in front of me a week after i got my 33s

Old 08-06-2008
yea i actually recently upgraded my braking system. i went with ceramic pads so i didn't have as much nasty brake dust... the first week that i got my 33's i almost ran over a curb at highschool in front of everyone, lol. i wasn't used to how slow it turns

Quick Reply: Superlift Installation...