2008 Super Duty recall?? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-27-2007
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
2008 Super Duty recall??

haha......saw this vid on everybody's favorite video site, YouTube. Looks like an '08 Super Duty w/ the 6.4L. I'm guessing ford REALLY doesn't want International associated with them anymore?? What with all those problems with the 6.0L.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...ipe_fires.html

Problems with tailpipes catching on fire or something like that. Anyway...check out the vid....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v36MCcRPRTc
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2007
LILBLUE04FX4L2's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Exit 105 New Jersey
Posts: 2,409
video was already posted
that truck has a bad knock - maybe rod or main bearing?
I was surprised to see %70 of the super duty trucks are diesel
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-27-2007
bwester04's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 2,641
thats what my friends mustang GT sounded like before the engine took a crap.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-27-2007
HAZZARDJOHN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wyoming MN
Posts: 2,400
Haha! That Video is Awesome! I want to borrow that truck to get back at my friend Paul who pulled up next to me once, when I was in my Convertible and preceeded to blow a sh**load of Black diesel smoke in my face! Talk about Xtreme payback!

~HJ
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-27-2007
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
holy repost. Dangit. that's what happens when you don't go on RF for like 3 days.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-27-2007
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
its because of the filters they have to put in the exhaust to meet emissions.

they are changing the programming in the computer to fix it, only takes 10 min per truck.

its not that bad of a recall.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-27-2007
Roach2004's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,320
Stupid emmisions bs!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-27-2007
Needforspeed3685's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lowell, AR
Posts: 1,836
I think it's sweet! Too bad it's melt the plastic surrounding the tailpipe before long!

That knock sounds exactly like my 2.5 did before it took a dump!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-27-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard
its because of the filters they have to put in the exhaust to meet emissions.

they are changing the programming in the computer to fix it, only takes 10 min per truck.

its not that bad of a recall.
exactly.......
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-27-2007
Ranger0n20s's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mandeville, Louisiana
Posts: 387
man i tell ya as the years go by ford makes uglier cars/trucks and ****tier products.... i used to be a ford man but now thats changed!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-27-2007
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger0n20s
man i tell ya as the years go by ford makes uglier cars/trucks and ****tier products.... i used to be a ford man but now thats changed!

not like anyone else is doing much better.

id still buy fords across the board.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-27-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1


the only thing wrong with the new SD's is the headlights.....other than that it is pretty sweet!

all the other manufactures are just as fugly lookin....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-27-2007
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
actually i really like the new ford. headlights and all. looks sweet. now if only i could afford it. haha
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-27-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
i like the new SD's compared to the others.......not a huge fan of the headlights, but i like it......now if i could only get it with the new Cummins in it i would have 1 tomorrow....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-27-2007
HAZZARDJOHN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wyoming MN
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard
actually i really like the new ford. headlights and all. looks sweet. now if only i could afford it. haha
I hate them! Ugliest thing I have Ever seen on the road! That in cludes the Aztek! They tookk my favorite vehicle produced today and made it un buyable! But I agree the Chevy HD's still have Rangeresque suspension, and the Dodge is ugly as sin sin 2003, I guess all that is left of rme is a GMC HD and a SAS! LOL

~HJ
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-27-2007
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
nothing that wrong with the navistar engine, its the emissions.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-27-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard
nothing that wrong with the navistar engine, its the emissions.
just not a fan of a v8 diesel.....i like the low RPM, high torque monster of the inline 6.....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-27-2007
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAZZARDJOHN
I hate them! Ugliest thing I have Ever seen on the road! That in cludes the Aztek! They tookk my favorite vehicle produced today and made it un buyable! But I agree the Chevy HD's still have Rangeresque suspension, and the Dodge is ugly as sin sin 2003, I guess all that is left of rme is a GMC HD and a SAS! LOL

~HJ

the new SD just has not grown on you yet. the Aztek is no comparison, that thing is fugly, same some other cars GM makes.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-27-2007
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
just not a fan of a v8 diesel.....i like the low RPM, high torque monster of the inline 6.....

dont worry id rather have the cummins as well. if ford designs their own diesel maybe it will be a straight 6
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-27-2007
HAZZARDJOHN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wyoming MN
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard
the new SD just has not grown on you yet. the Aztek is no comparison, that thing is fugly, same some other cars GM makes.
trust me I know me, this will not grow on me!

~HJ
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-27-2007
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,501
I think the new SD's are awesome looking, if I could afford it I'd have one right now.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-27-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard
dont worry id rather have the cummins as well. if ford designs their own diesel maybe it will be a straight 6
the thing is, Ford owns a little under half of Cummins i believe.........it is funny that what Ford is making with the twin turbos in a v8, Cummins is makeing a shade more with a single turbo and an inline 6 engine.....could you imagine if they went to a twin turbo setup?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-27-2007
HAZZARDJOHN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wyoming MN
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
the thing is, Ford owns a little under half of Cummins i believe.........it is funny that what Ford is making with the twin turbos in a v8, Cummins is makeing a shade more with a single turbo and an inline 6 engine.....could you imagine if they went to a twin turbo setup?
Ford has a 10% share of Cummins.

~HJ
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-27-2007
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
hmmm thought it was a bit more than that...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-27-2007
HAZZARDJOHN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wyoming MN
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted97ranger
hmmm thought it was a bit more than that...
I am trying to find the article I read that states 10%. When I find it I'll post it.

~HJ
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super Duty OHC... would it work?? Strider0O0 New Ideas 40 07-29-2009 02:46 PM
Anyone Have an F250 Super duty? Spirochets Exterior Semi-Tech 1 09-15-2008 01:53 PM
Super Duty Intake Emblem DerangedPony New Ideas 21 09-13-2007 05:34 PM
Super Duty OHC Muddy02Edge Interior Semi-Tech 8 09-06-2005 05:01 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:44 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.