Beginning of a buggman LED Overhaul (And HIDs) - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 11-18-2012
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Word, why'd you back out of the coilovers? I mean, how did your plans change*
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-18-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ak_Ranger View Post
Word, why'd you back out of the coilovers? I mean, how did your plans change*
backed out of those brackets, not coilovers
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-18-2012
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
backed out of those brackets, not coilovers
Oh kk cool. I need to research/order the coilovers.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-18-2012
annguyen1981's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicopee, MA
Posts: 1,888
Nice lights! I've only got Bugg's backup bulbs.

I had them in the old '03 taillights and they looked like crap. When I switched to '06 tails, they are SO MUCH BETTER!!!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-18-2012
Mcleary316's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
I'm buying a D5100 in a few weeks off of Adorama
Nice! I just bought a lens from them the other day.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-21-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
got the cluster and hvac done today





annnnd a random pic from today
Attached Thumbnails
Beginning of a buggman LED Overhaul (And HIDs)-4085cad4-9cc4-40eb-8421-b4ade15a34ea-37074-0000155d7ac406c2.jpg   Beginning of a buggman LED Overhaul (And HIDs)-2818d0f1-06a6-4d18-ad00-f6f810225797-37074-0000155d708198de.jpg   Beginning of a buggman LED Overhaul (And HIDs)-f0da9974-6407-4024-98f5-da84dca43f0e-37074-0000155d5aeb024b.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-21-2012
fourliter dan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lebanon, OR
Posts: 2,229
Looks good man. Still on the fence on projectors? Theretrofitsource has a big sale on Black Friday.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-21-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourliter dan View Post
Looks good man. Still on the fence on projectors? Theretrofitsource has a big sale on Black Friday.
nah i'm going to do them for sure i just don't know when. Ive been meaning to replace my headlights since april, I haven't done it yet haha.

Idk anything about retrofit kits, idk what i need to buy yet but i'll figure it out
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-22-2012
Mcleary316's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post

annnnd a random pic from today
WOAH! Youz iz tawinz
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-01-2013
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
ok so when i first got these i had a problem with 3 of the tail/reverse bulbs. I had to swap them around numerous times.

with my headlights on, one of the tail bulbs wouldn't work however, it worked when i turned on my directional. this happened more than once, had to switch to the reverse location because it worked that way, stupid.

Last week a cluster LED died and i got pulled over for one of my plate lights being out.

For anyone looking for LEDs, i suggest buying them from superbrightleds.com instead. I've had their LEDs in my car's cluster and plate lights for almost two years now without any problems. Im going to be switching everything over to their brand soon except my dome light and OHC board.

sad to say, this reminds me of harbor freight tools lol. Another local member was sent 1 or two bad LEDs right outta the box which was a let down. Wasn't a polarity issue, we tried them different ways and in different locations, nothing.

Last edited by 99offroadrngr; 01-01-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-01-2013
ZWilson07's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
ok so when i first got these i had a problem with 3 of the tail/reverse bulbs. I had to swap them around numerous times.

with my headlights on, one of the tail bulbs wouldn't work however, it worked when i turned on my directional. this happened more than once, had to switch to the reverse location because it worked that way, stupid.

Last week a cluster LED died and i got pulled over for one of my plate lights being out.

For anyone looking for LEDs, i suggest buying them from superbrightleds.com instead. I've had their LEDs in my car's cluster and plate lights for almost two years now without any problems. Im going to be switching everything over to their brand soon except my dome light and OHC board.

sad to say, this reminds me of harbor freight tools lol. Another local member was sent 1 or two bad LEDs right outta the box which was a let down. Wasn't a polarity issue, we tried them different ways and in different locations, nothing.



hmmm that does not sound good.

I hate to read this though because Ive always had good luck with Buggmans stuff and yve always been a fan of him.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-01-2013
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Can't win em all I guess haha
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-01-2013
ZWilson07's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
Can't win em all I guess haha
hope its just a fluke
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-01-2013
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
I wouldnt really call 5 bulbs with issues a fluke lol plus 2 on another members truck. It's a shame but whatever ill be ordering new products. Im just upset they only lasted a few months.

Last edited by 99offroadrngr; 01-01-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-01-2013
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
I had a similar issue with Bugg's Led's in my Dome light.

After handing them off to a buddy of mine in the Electrical Engineering dept at school, his review were similar to yours. Harbor Freight quality. They're able to be fixed if you can get them apart and can solder them. But needless to say, I picked up a few from superbrightleds.


I guess i'll wait till the cluster bulbs go to put my white gauge face on.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-01-2013
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger View Post
I had a similar issue with Bugg's Led's in my Dome light.

After handing them off to a buddy of mine in the Electrical Engineering dept at school, his review were similar to yours. Harbor Freight quality. They're able to be fixed if you can get them apart and can solder them. But needless to say, I picked up a few from superbrightleds.


I guess i'll wait till the cluster bulbs go to put my white gauge face on.
damn that kinda sucks to hear and get that **** in before the dunes!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-01-2013
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
damn that kinda sucks to hear and get that **** in before the dunes!
I know. I been busy.

I got a little bit more planned too. I picked up a nice bent piece of 3/8" plate steel the other day and a new tailgate (mines rusted out on the inside) Gotta love Craigslist.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-02-2013
buggman's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dougal County
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
ok so when i first got these i had a problem with 3 of the tail/reverse bulbs. I had to swap them around numerous times.

with my headlights on, one of the tail bulbs wouldn't work however, it worked when i turned on my directional. this happened more than once, had to switch to the reverse location because it worked that way, stupid.

Last week a cluster LED died and i got pulled over for one of my plate lights being out.

For anyone looking for LEDs, i suggest buying them from superbrightleds.com instead. I've had their LEDs in my car's cluster and plate lights for almost two years now without any problems. Im going to be switching everything over to their brand soon except my dome light and OHC board.

sad to say, this reminds me of harbor freight tools lol. Another local member was sent 1 or two bad LEDs right outta the box which was a let down. Wasn't a polarity issue, we tried them different ways and in different locations, nothing.


Sorry to hear about the trouble. I thought we got the brake/turn/reverse led's straightened out.

I'll be glad to send you replacement cluster led's & the plate led, just sent you a PM (been busier than usual with the holidays).

The cluster led's & plate led's come from different suppliers so I don't have any control over the components they use, but I do test every one before they ship to make sure they work before they ship out.
They've both been very reliable led's, but it is possible that they died prematurely or the wires may have worked around inside the bulb sockets where they're not making good contact.

Even though I don't make much on them, if there is an issue I'll replace them.

No matter where you get them from, online, auto parts stores, etc, they're all likely made overseas, probably in the same factory.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-02-2013
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggman View Post
Sorry to hear about the trouble. I thought we got the brake/turn/reverse led's straightened out.

I'll be glad to send you replacement cluster led's & the plate led, just sent you a PM (been busier than usual with the holidays).

The cluster led's & plate led's come from different suppliers so I don't have any control over the components they use, but I do test every one before they ship to make sure they work before they ship out.
They've both been very reliable led's, but it is possible that they died prematurely or the wires may have worked around inside the bulb sockets where they're not making good contact.

Even though I don't make much on them, if there is an issue I'll replace them.

No matter where you get them from, online, auto parts stores, etc, they're all likely made overseas, probably in the same factory.
I havent had an issue with the reverse/turn ones since i swapped them around. The only one i'd really need is my plate light. I have 1 led and 1 regular bulb in there and it looks dumb. im not worried about the cluster, its too cold to take it apart haha. I'm not saying its your fault they died, i was just hoping they'd last a little longer.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY) buggman Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 54 05-29-2013 02:07 PM
buggman special: Custom OHC LED panel (KY) R/F buggman Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 62 09-30-2012 12:25 AM
For Sale: buggman special: Mustang Dome Light WITH my plug-in LED's (ky) buggman Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 20 04-18-2011 02:49 PM
Buggman LED 3rd brake lite whisky Ranger Products, Company, & Member Reviews 4 03-17-2011 12:38 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.