Expo Destruction - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 12-27-2010
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Expo Destruction

i visit Jalopnik.com frequnetly, and saw this today, thought i'd share.

Watch Sanitation Workers Destroy a Ford Explorer in Brooklyn Today
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-27-2010
brianjwilson's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 3,650
Wow. Retard doesn't even begin to describe that guy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-27-2010
Lord Of War's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posts: 4,599
Wow. I bet he was fired.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-27-2010
87xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In my truck!
Posts: 875
Lol wut?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-27-2010
HarryTasker's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,491
After the first hit he was just do the guy a favor. That should be totalled.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-27-2010
sniper_101's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,902
You can tell he shouldn't operate the thing from A) Getting stuck, B) Not realizing you can use the bucket to pry yourself backwards, and C) every idiotic move portrayed in that clip.

Does seeing this stuff (even online), for some strange reason make anyone else angry? It bewilders that people like that can comprehend feeding themselves on a day-to-day basis.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-27-2010
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
*facepalm*

I'm pretty sure if I saw my car being demolished by a backhoe like that I would be beating some ***.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-27-2010
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_101 View Post
You can tell he shouldn't operate the thing from A) Getting stuck, B) Not realizing you can use the bucket to pry yourself backwards, and C) every idiotic move portrayed in that clip.

Does seeing this stuff (even online), for some strange reason make anyone else angry? It bewilders that people like that can comprehend feeding themselves on a day-to-day basis.
I wondered how that guy got to be able to drive that front en loader, i mean, wtf was he doing on the side inbetween two cars there in the first place?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-27-2010
Topdog2007's Avatar
Level I Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Blairsville, Ga
Posts: 466
Blame the idiot Tow truck driver also!! But I agree with Sniper...the bucket would have probably unstuck him in the first place!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-28-2010
ranger4.0's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: cambridge, ontario
Posts: 3,922
you got to be kidding me. both those guys should be fired on the spot. there is no way in hell they ever should have even been close to hitting that expo
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-28-2010
hozII's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: athens, Al
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTasker View Post
After the first hit he was just do the guy a favor. That should be totalled.
LMAO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_101 View Post
You can tell he shouldn't operate the thing from A) Getting stuck, B) Not realizing you can use the bucket to pry yourself backwards, and C) every idiotic move portrayed in that clip.

Does seeing this stuff (even online), for some strange reason make anyone else angry? It bewilders that people like that can comprehend feeding themselves on a day-to-day basis.
agreed!! and the idiots that put this person in charge of that piece of equipment who obvioulsy has no training in it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
*facepalm*

I'm pretty sure if I saw my car being demolished by a backhoe like that I would be beating some ***.
yeah but i would make sure hes outta the 4 ton piece of equipment first!! LOL!!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-28-2010
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
the loader driver is a retard why doesn't he just move him self with the bucket? i hope he got fired
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-28-2010
Ardy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Windsor NS
Posts: 276
In reality the driver of the front-end loader should've used his bucket. >.> But isn't there a law that says that you can't park on the side of the road while it's snowing for this exact reason? It's too difficult for plows to do that sort of stuff and from what it looks like the plow was trying to clean wherever he could. (not saying he should have). At least that's the law where I live.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-28-2010
kiltro's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 376
I pictured it being my vehicle and I died a little inside.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-28-2010
annguyen1981's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicopee, MA
Posts: 1,888
I don't feel sorry for the Expo owner... I feel sorry for the workers trying to get that equipment freed. That's why parking bans are made. Park at your own risk.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-28-2010
sniper_101's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by annguyen1981 View Post
I don't feel sorry for the Expo owner... I feel sorry for the workers trying to get that equipment freed. That's why parking bans are made. Park at your own risk.
That is by no means an excuse to demolish someone's vehicle . . . especially when there is about 4 different ways the jackwagon in the truck could have winched him free without touching the Explorer.

Also from reading on another forum, there was no parking ban on residential streets or any streets yet from what I remember.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-28-2010
annguyen1981's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicopee, MA
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_101 View Post
That is by no means an excuse to demolish someone's vehicle . . . especially when there is about 4 different ways the jackwagon in the truck could have winched him free without touching the Explorer.

Also from reading on another forum, there was no parking ban on residential streets or any streets yet from what I remember.


Snow removal = public safety.

Public Safety > preserving one car.



NYCDOT - Alternate Side Parking Calendar

According to NYC's website, there are parking bans during snow removal. I don't know where to look for past parking bans, but just watching the video, I'd bet they were doing snow removal.

So chances are:
Snow removal = parking ban in effect




There's a picture online where some dumbass parked in front of a fire hydrant. There was a fire and the fire dept needed access, so they smashed the windows of the car and snaked the water hose through.

Again:
Public safety > preserving one car
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-28-2010
sniper_101's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by annguyen1981 View Post
Snow removal = public safety.

Public Safety > preserving one car.



NYCDOT - Alternate Side Parking Calendar

According to NYC's website, there are parking bans during snow removal. I don't know where to look for past parking bans, but just watching the video, I'd bet they were doing snow removal.

So chances are:
Snow removal = parking ban in effect




There's a picture online where some dumbass parked in front of a fire hydrant. There was a fire and the fire dept needed access, so they smashed the windows of the car and snaked the water hose through.

Again:
Public safety > preserving one car
That link is for street cleaning, not snow removal. NYCDOT - Snow Emergencies

From a New York *eww* member on another forum I frequent:
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstontj View Post
my street still isn't plowed and they keep playing that F'ing video over & over on the news.

There are no parking bans on side roads because there are too many cars and not enough garages. There litterally is nowhere for them all to go. Like I said, my street isn't plowed and none of the cars are getting out any time soon... My vespa is totally snowed in up to just the top of the mirrors.

I'll take some pics tomorrow & post them up.
Therefore I stand by what I said, "That is by no means an excuse to demolish someone's vehicle . . . especially when there is about 4 different ways the jackwagon in the truck could have winched him free without touching the Explorer."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-28-2010
annguyen1981's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicopee, MA
Posts: 1,888
It’s easy to criticize when you’re sitting behind your keyboard... just like politics, everyone can do it better than the politicians.

I still stand by what I've said. Having that plow on the roads clearing streets and having one vehicle junked is better than one plow being stuck and having some roads unplowed and unsafe.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-28-2010
wellcom2knoxvile's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Corvallis, OR/Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by annguyen1981 View Post
Itís easy to criticize when youíre sitting behind your keyboard... just like politics, everyone can do it better than the politicians.

I still stand by what I've said. Having that plow on the roads clearing streets and having one vehicle junked is better than one plow being stuck and having some roads unplowed and unsafe.
i guarantee you wouldn't be singing the same song if that was your vehicle get destroyed!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-28-2010
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by annguyen1981 View Post
Itís easy to criticize when youíre sitting behind your keyboard... just like politics, everyone can do it better than the politicians.

I still stand by what I've said. Having that plow on the roads clearing streets and having one vehicle junked is better than one plow being stuck and having some roads unplowed and unsafe.
I pose this question to you.
What was a plow doing on the side of the road where a car would be parked normally? isn't the idea of plowing snow to go down the street?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-28-2010
annguyen1981's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicopee, MA
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcom2knoxvile View Post
i guarantee you wouldn't be singing the same song if that was your vehicle get destroyed!!

No shyt. Kind of a no-brainer, huh? When emotions run our thinking, our thinking will always be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger View Post
I pose this question to you.
What was a plow doing on the side of the road where a car would be parked normally? isn't the idea of plowing snow to go down the street?
The video starts recording AFTER the plow has been hooked. I can't say (and you can't either) what the plow driver was doing before hand, but chances are, he was plowing. For all I know, he was taking a break and stopping at his girl's place for a quickie. For all you know, there was another vehicle heading the other way and he had to move out of the way, therefore getting stuck. No one knows.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-29-2010
Ardy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Windsor NS
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by annguyen1981 View Post
Snow removal = public safety.

Public Safety > preserving one car.



NYCDOT - Alternate Side Parking Calendar

According to NYC's website, there are parking bans during snow removal. I don't know where to look for past parking bans, but just watching the video, I'd bet they were doing snow removal.

So chances are:
Snow removal = parking ban in effect




There's a picture online where some dumbass parked in front of a fire hydrant. There was a fire and the fire dept needed access, so they smashed the windows of the car and snaked the water hose through.

Again:
Public safety > preserving one car
We do that at our Fire Department as well.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-29-2010
Bird76Mojo's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central, IL.
Posts: 1,264
A lot of people don't know it but if you're vehicle is blocking a road, even slightly, during a snowstorm, the plow operators do have the authority to knock it out of the way. They can legally do so to assure that emergency vehicles have access to all roads in case of an emergency. I learned this from an old time road commissioner before my father eventually took his place.

I know that doesn't apply to this situation but there it is..

Also, they are under no obligation to pull you out or help you get out if you're stuck, which suprises some people it seems.


GB :)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-30-2010
JoshK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CC, Indiana
Posts: 3,832
There is a law in 99% of the states, counties, citys that during a snow emergency your vehicle must be off the road. If its not it can be plowed or moved in order to gain access to where they need to be.

I think they should have been more cautious but imagine this.

You've been working 12-15 hour shifts, The snow is deep, you start to get stuck, it appears to be on a slight hill. He IS USING THE BUCKET. There is ice under the snow There are cars parked everywhere, the tow truck can't get you out. What are you going to do? Wait for the snow to melt? Might as well destroy something that probably shouldn't be there or cause 5-8k worth of damage and pay it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
eBay / Craigslist Find: 02 Expo Mirror w/ light and Expo 8.8 w/spool Masteratarms93 eBay & Craigslist Finds 3 09-15-2010 12:41 PM
Expo axle Dop? KARPE Suspension Tech 12 04-24-2006 01:04 PM
TCAB+2 12" Type R's+Ranger=Destruction??? jrpro130 Audio & Video Tech 18 02-27-2006 07:27 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:40 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.