Ford Canada website still showing FX4 package - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-17-2009
dixie_boysles's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,778
Ford Canada website still showing FX4 package

I'm not sure if they just haven't updates site, but Ford Canada's website still shows the FX4 package! even if they haven't updated it, the FX4 package was discontinued in 2008 right...? it wasnt offered on the 2009 model i dont think. if this is true, then wtf, lucky you know whats! stinkin Canadians! LOL...j/k

http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/trucks/ranger.do

UNFAIR, you CAN still get the FX4 package in Canada!! i just built and priced one and you can order the option!
  #2  
Old 11-17-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
level II is gone not FX4
  #3  
Old 11-17-2009
dixie_boysles's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
level II is gone not FX4
i know, but we dont even have the FX4 package here anymore
  #4  
Old 11-17-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Who cares?
  #5  
Old 11-17-2009
rolsmojave3's Avatar
Level III Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Who cares?
No kidding. Now if they did away with the f-150 that'd be a big deal.
  #6  
Old 11-17-2009
Rocktober!'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 43
The "FX4" is now a package available on the sport model and not a trim level like it used to be. Canada sells allot of FX4 models it would be foolish for them to not market it here. Come to think of it I am seeing more Z71 models and FX4's around here than plain XLT and SLT models. I like that were keeping our top of the line ranger up here.
  #7  
Old 11-17-2009
dixie_boysles's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktober! View Post
The "FX4" is now a package available on the sport model and not a trim level like it used to be. Canada sells allot of FX4 models it would be foolish for them to not market it here. Come to think of it I am seeing more Z71 models and FX4's around here than plain XLT and SLT models. I like that were keeping our top of the line ranger up here.
yeah, most of the time when you see a new member form canada join on here they either have the fx4 or the level II.
  #8  
Old 11-17-2009
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
I need to ask something. Why do you care? You/most of the people on here aren't buying a new truck...
  #9  
Old 11-17-2009
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
You can make any 4x4 Ranger just as good and/or better than an FX4 anyway. Just takes a little work. I know I don't regret not getting an FX4, although I never even considered it.
  #10  
Old 11-17-2009
BLK02's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 1,350
the FX4's here arent two tone anymore, other than that there the same as the 09's were. Ive seen a few and it does nothing for me. I think the FX4 should only have been the level 2, (no inbetween sport 4x4 and level2) and when they killed the level 2 they basically killed the FX4 IMO.
  #11  
Old 11-17-2009
BLK02's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Who cares?
you must be one bored person.. you hate rangers so much and criticize everything that has to do with ford yet you still stay around.. I dont understand?
  #12  
Old 11-17-2009
Rocktober!'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Who cares?
Post count +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
I need to ask something. Why do you care? You/most of the people on here aren't buying a new truck...
Last time I checked this is a forum to discuss ford rangers.
  #13  
Old 11-18-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK02 View Post
you must be one bored person.. you hate rangers so much and criticize everything that has to do with ford yet you still stay around.. I dont understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktober! View Post
Post count +1



Last time I checked this is a forum to discuss ford rangers.
Ok noobs. You just upped your post count by posting a retarded reply. I could care less about my post count. How else am I supposed to find out info on how to fix my Ranger? I stay because uhhh well ummm I own a Ranger. Duh. But who seriously cares that Canada still gets the FX4? Are you going to buy one? Didn't think so. And if you look I'm not the only one that doesn't care and I'm not the only one that doesn't like Rangers.
  #14  
Old 11-18-2009
Rocktober!'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 43
I could not care less if you hate rangers. I am actually looking at buying a new ranger and it is most definitely going to be an FX4. Can't see how you think saying "Who cares" qualifies as a useful post in anyway.
  #15  
Old 11-18-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Your bickering with him is just a useless. He is allowed to post his opinion, even if its something you don't agree with.
  #16  
Old 11-18-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge View Post
Your bickering with him is just a useless. He is allowed to post his opinion, even if its something you don't agree with.
Thank you Trent. I know I can be an a$$hole but its just how I am. I'm sorry that I don't find this thread useful but again I'm not the only one that feels this way.
  #17  
Old 11-18-2009
sniper_101's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktober! View Post
I could not care less if you hate rangers. I am actually looking at buying a new ranger and it is most definitely going to be an FX4. Can't see how you think saying "Who cares" qualifies as a useful post in anyway.
Just let them cry and complain, it's nothing new around here, just make use of the handy Ignore User feature that comes in very handy for these kind of members.

To stay on topic, like said there are a staggering amount of FX4 based models in Canada, so killing the best selling model for us would be a mistake. I can understand why they have dropped the LII package though.
  #18  
Old 11-18-2009
dixie_boysles's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_101 View Post
Just let them cry and complain, it's nothing new around here
Yep! Christian may not like my thread, but many others do... I think they should have kept the LII, and FX4 and dropped the Sport.

Last edited by dixie_boysles; 11-18-2009 at 01:08 PM.
  #19  
Old 11-18-2009
Rocktober!'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie_boysles View Post
I think they should have kept the LII, and FX4 and dropped the Sport.
So by the looks of it the "New" FX4 package loses a few of the options previously available on FX4 II models but not many. Your still getting a Torsen rear end, full skid plates, the 4.0L engine. They do not come with Bilsteins by the looks of it. Rancho's instead? Our Monroe Rep told us that Rancho shocks are just a sensatrack shock with a fancy rubber boot on it.

To bad you can't get them with the two tone scheme they had with the 06-08 years. Cannot forget side airbags and disc brakes to!
  #20  
Old 11-18-2009
BLK02's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_101 View Post
Just let them cry and complain, it's nothing new around here, just make use of the handy Ignore User feature that comes in very handy for these kind of members.

To stay on topic, like said there are a staggering amount of FX4 based models in Canada, so killing the best selling model for us would be a mistake. I can understand why they have dropped the LII package though.
how do I use the block user feature? need to know asap
  #21  
Old 11-18-2009
sniper_101's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK02 View Post
how do I use the block user feature? need to know asap
Click to view profile, then search for the User Lists drop menu under the user's name in the upper left hand corner, click "Add to Ignore List" and yes.
  #22  
Old 11-18-2009
BLK02's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Ok noobs. You just upped your post count by posting a retarded reply. I could care less about my post count. How else am I supposed to find out info on how to fix my Ranger? I stay because uhhh well ummm I own a Ranger. Duh. But who seriously cares that Canada still gets the FX4? Are you going to buy one? Didn't think so. And if you look I'm not the only one that doesn't care and I'm not the only one that doesn't like Rangers.
and you keep upping your post count by saying rangers suck, raptor is just an f-150... BLAH BLAH BLAH, nobody cares for your opinion, mr. attention.

if your only here to figure out how to fix your ranger why dont you only post when something breaks? instead of making people roll their eyes when you come in to their thread basically telling them their vehicle is a pos?

anyway, I can no longer see you on this forum so
  #23  
Old 11-18-2009
Rolldogg's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 3,424
Secretly, deep down, the OP just hates Canada and can't understand why the silly Canadians get a FX4 model and the almighty US of A does not. I say, blame Obama, everyone else is doing it for everything else.....LOL

Oh settle down now, don't ruffle your feathers and load your guns yet. Just having a little fun and adding another post count....LOL Seems that's the way this thread is going anyway......

**The OP linked to the 09 Ranger page. The 2010 Ranger (as stated by another member) has the FX4 package as an option or addition onto the Sport model.
  #24  
Old 11-18-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK02 View Post
and you keep upping your post count by saying rangers suck, raptor is just an f-150... BLAH BLAH BLAH, nobody cares for your opinion, mr. attention.

if your only here to figure out how to fix your ranger why dont you only post when something breaks? instead of making people roll their eyes when you come in to their thread basically telling them their vehicle is a pos?

anyway, I can no longer see you on this forum so
You roll your eyes when I'm on the forum? Cool. Just shows you take the internet way to seriously. Again I don't care about post count. I don't even know how many I have and there are people with way more that have been here less time than me.

Well good for you that you can't see my posts. You must feel like a big man now huh? I really don't care if you choose not to read what I have to say. It just says your ***** are too small to take a little of critisism.
  #25  
Old 11-18-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
And this thread is done thanks to a few certain individuals that can't just drop things.
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Showing up Jeeps one Jeep at a time... zabeard Snapshots 32 06-13-2011 06:00 AM
Showing off my new System in a 99 single cab. bmuu Audio & Video Tech 10 12-16-2010 09:26 PM
Edge Package vs. Fx4 Package Dromlace General Ford Ranger Discussion 32 10-27-2008 08:41 PM
My truck is finally showing signs of life takedown General Ford Ranger Discussion 5 01-17-2008 09:09 PM
My Turn Showing off My POLISHED DC-1's DangaRanger99 General Ford Ranger Discussion 33 04-07-2007 12:47 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:40 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.