How much is your Ranger worth to you? - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 12-13-2010
btm757's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norfolk / Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltonfilms View Post
I love my truck and even if Famke Janssen (biggest crush in the world) said she would marry me if I got rid of my truck, I would seriously tell her NO!

............ok I would have to think about that.
Yeah I would think about that one real hard then sell the truck. haha But sell it to a friend who would sell it back after your married.

However If Danica Patrick or Ashley Force (well any of her sisters too) or any of the other hot racer car drivers Said to sell my truck and they would marry me I would not hesitate.

Haha
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-13-2010
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
What I sold it for, which was book value plus what I spent on mods. Most don't get back what they spent on mods so I think I did good.
true true. if you feel you made your money back its a win,

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
if i have kids, i'm getting a second "family" vehicle. the GF knows already that the truck isn't getting replaced.
I've heard so many stories of people selling there crazy 60-70s dream cars or first cars because of family. i say, no frikin' way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwink View Post
^^ i'd get rid of my truck for her hahaha
Just remember. Over time women age and depreciate. A classic vehicle can be repaired and restored to look like new and will only gain value the longer you keep it.

Cars > Womens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie_boysles View Post
Would not sell. I would trade the truck for a white Level II and switch my mods over like wheels and tires and all but that is the only thing I will consider
Yeah if someone offered my a straight trade for like a 2003 Level II Twin Stick with like 50k or something I would do that in a heart beat. Or a nice 98+ SAS Ranger. It would have to be a pro job though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
The more money I get, the closer I am to getting
Why that? Those things are so out dated. Like 3 LS engine families old. Why not a new Camaro
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-13-2010
DangerRanger91's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 315
I would sell my 06 for what I paid for, so about 13... My 91 on the other hand is never going to be for sale.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-13-2010
vista4.0's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beaver Falls, PA
Posts: 2,824
um lets see gimme 20k and its yours.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-13-2010
d0sitmatr's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SFL
Posts: 706
Ive been offered $4500.0 for my truck several times over the past couple of yrs, but wouldnt take it.
now, if someone offered me $4500.0-$5000.0 Id have to consider it as my truck simply isnt very family oriented, then I could buy something that is.
on another note, the KBB value of my ranger is around $5200.0 but doubtful I could ever get that.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-13-2010
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
Why that? Those things are so out dated. Like 3 LS engine families old. Why not a new Camaro
04 is LS1, 05-06 ones are LS2 engines which is what I would get. LS3 is the newer one so it's only one generation old. I don't like the new Camaros, the GTO is all around nicer to me and more realistic in terms of me owning anytime soon.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-13-2010
cchsbuzz19's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,417
I've tossed the idea around of selling mine many times, But then think of all the time and money I've put into it and the memory's I've had with it. It just seems pointless to sell because I'm not going to get enough for it if I sell it to make it seem worth selling. I'm going to drive it til the engine dies then put another engine in it haha. It'll be my future winter beater offroad rig, but right now its still my DD.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-13-2010
ranger024x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: nova
Posts: 5,061
The only thing I would take for my truck would be a 7.3 diesel ext cab 4x4. Other than that, the only reason I bought another reason was for the twin sticks. electronic 4wd switch ftl


Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
Why that? Those things are so out dated. Like 3 LS engine families old. Why not a new Camaro
all the ls motors are basically the same. Yes, some have more cubes, and different head setups but they are all the same family of motors.


you can take an ls1 and put the ls6 heads and intake on it and make 400hp. Put an aftermarket cam and make even more.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-13-2010
Ford04Ranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plattsburgh, New York
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tys 4x4 FTW View Post
i dont even think about it. its paid for. so i'll take whatever seems right i guess. i've already accepted the fact that i'll never get my money out of it.
I think about it but I dont want a payment
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-13-2010
Bird76Mojo's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central, IL.
Posts: 1,264
ONE MILLION DOLLARS







GB :)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-13-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SD
Posts: 191
that girl has ugly feet,11000 for my truck. but then i would want another stepside. better off keeping it.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-13-2010
Taylor's Avatar
Ive been dubbed....an old volk
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 7,110
well, within reason? The guy says he will pay anything for it.

$50,000. If its a sale, then Id be renting a cab straight to a dealership.......to get another ranger.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-13-2010
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
well, within reason? The guy says he will pay anything for it.

$50,000. If its a sale, then Id be renting a cab straight to a dealership.......to get another ranger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird76Mojo View Post
ONE MILLION DOLLARS


GB :)
don't be try hards lol
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-13-2010
rolsmojave3's Avatar
Level III Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,852
12K would get it from me. Then I could buy another nice 92-97 F-series.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-13-2010
dangelj316's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Yuma, AZ
Posts: 813
Gimme 10k and i'd be happy.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-13-2010
wyldechild's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,952
Not that attached to mine. 12-13k and someone could take it.

Hard to say about my Bronco. Lots of sentimental value since it came from my old man, and i've had a lot of memories in it, but i'd probably take 6k for it.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-14-2010
BlutoBodine's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 543
The fact that I'm not going to make a payment this month makes it worth a lot more to me now.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-14-2010
Marchy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 287
so i paid 2k for mine this summer. after new tires, maintenance done by yours truly, new canopy, ghetto paint job to hide the apartment scuffs from the previous owner, painted rims to make em sexier; i wouldn't take a penny under 4k. it looks and drives better then when purchased and I need something to replace it that can carry my hockey gear and drive me to work.

Oh and something to pick up a christmas tree, this year was the first year the wife and I didn't have to somehow stick one into her 08 focus.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-14-2010
tonkaTim's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: East Bradenton, florida
Posts: 229
I would trade mine for a GTI
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-14-2010
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
If I counted straight up trades that would a whole other ball game. I have always said though that I would trade my 2000 2.5L Std Cab Manual w/ 125k for a 1997 4.0L Ext Cab Manual w/ less than 150k.......and similar body shape obviously. Toreador red or black only though.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-14-2010
camodown's Avatar
Lost in Nowhere
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 5,029
the first 30K gets mine
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-14-2010
comunistico's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san jose, Costa Rica
Posts: 1,319
i doubt id sell it, ive already started my proyect with it and im gona stick to it, i wont get paid what i would ask for it so i dont even bother thinking bout it, plus after the sas .... less people would think on buying it.

plus costa rica is a small country, and everyone knows everyone and someone interested in my truck knows i hit it hard all the time so he knows what conditions the truck is and wont pay what i would ask for...

though if the offer me id say... nah... atleast 28k the least.... and thats to get another truck probably a toyota land cruiser pickup 4.2 TDI......... but they are 42k new... and new rangers here are around 33k so u get an idea of the price ranges here...
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-14-2010
littlered's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lewistown, Mo
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by comunistico View Post
i doubt id sell it, ive already started my proyect with it and im gona stick to it, i wont get paid what i would ask for it so i dont even bother thinking bout it, plus after the sas .... less people would think on buying it.

plus costa rica is a small country, and everyone knows everyone and someone interested in my truck knows i hit it hard all the time so he knows what conditions the truck is and wont pay what i would ask for...

though if the offer me id say... nah... atleast 28k the least.... and thats to get another truck probably a toyota land cruiser pickup 4.2 TDI......... but they are 42k new... and new rangers here are around 33k so u get an idea of the price ranges here...

better becareful what you say some of the guys in the US might just pay 30k for a SFA, 4door, diesel ranger!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-14-2010
turboranger91's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Clearwater, Fl
Posts: 10
i've given this a bit of thought over the years, and i always come to the same conclusion. i've had this truck for almost 13 years. the longest i've ever had another vehicle is less than a year. there's just something about this truck. i bought it from my parents when i got out of the military. since then, i've put about $10k into it. there's no way in hell i'd ever see a return on it, and it holds some sentimental value to me. in all honesty, i think it'd take about $20 for me to seriously consider selling it.... just because i really don't want to. she's my baby.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-15-2010
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboranger91 View Post
i've given this a bit of thought over the years, and i always come to the same conclusion. i've had this truck for almost 13 years. the longest i've ever had another vehicle is less than a year. there's just something about this truck. i bought it from my parents when i got out of the military. since then, i've put about $10k into it. there's no way in hell i'd ever see a return on it, and it holds some sentimental value to me. in all honesty, i think it'd take about $20 for me to seriously consider selling it.... just because i really don't want to. she's my baby.
$20!! Consider it sold!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much do you think this is worth Ray_Welder General Ford Ranger Discussion 3 04-02-2009 10:05 PM
How much you think my Ranger is worth? (Pics) robert99ranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 6 02-28-2009 07:36 PM
How much is this truck worth to you and would you buy it? zabeard General Ford Ranger Discussion 87 06-13-2008 10:32 PM
How much do you think my truck is worth? HighRollerII General Ford Ranger Discussion 35 08-08-2006 01:24 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.