I Got a lot done this weekend *PICS* - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-18-2006
EricTodd's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
I Got a lot done this weekend *PICS*

I had my Warn Manual hubs installed along with new BCA wheel bearings and had my ABS straightened out, installed my SPC alignment cams (24180), under coated and chip guarded the under carriage, front end and rear diff.













I also scuffed and painted the lower section of the truck up to the first body line with black chip guard so it should be bullet proof now.










Now I just have to wait for my Superlift Superide shocks, Red shock boots and 3/4" D-shackles to come in and I can do some more to it and probably send it out to get aligned correctly. I also plan on making a prerunner style light bar out of 1.5" tubing, rocker rock guards out of some 2.5" pipe I have that I might seal up and make air tanks out of, a rear bumper out of channel with a receiver and shackle tabs built in, a front skid plate and rear pumpkin cover out of a grand Cherokee gas tank cover I salvaged from work and two tabs fabbed the front frame rails for shackles. I'll keep posting pics as I get stuff done. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by ScottG; 11-18-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-18-2006
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
superlift shocks are pooooo.

who makes the stuff you used for the chip gaurd as you call it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-18-2006
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
just put img in square brackets in front of each of those links, and /img in square brackets behind each one, and they'll "paint up" in the post so people won't have to click them.

Good deal! It's coming along nicely!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-18-2006
HighRollerII's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 10,066
nice work my friend
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-18-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTodd








I also scuffed and painted the lower section of the truck up to the first body line with black chip guard so it should be bullet proof now.







Now I just have to wait for my Superlift Superide shocks, Red shock boots and 3/4" D-shackles to come in and I can do some more to it and probably send it out to get aligned correctly. I also plan on making a prerunner style light bar out of 1.5" tubing, rocker rock guards out of some 2.5" pipe I have that I might seal up and make air tanks out of, a rear bumper out of channel with a receiver and shackle tabs built in, a front skid plate and rear pumpkin cover out of a grand Cherokee gas tank cover I salvaged from work and two tabs fabbed the front frame rails for shackles. I'll keep posting pics as I get stuff done. Thanks for looking!
I wish I would've thought of using that bedliner on my exterior

I hope you "scuffed" it almost down to the paint or it's gonna peel =\
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-18-2006
GrafixGuy's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 8,703
looks good! nice ranger man!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-18-2006
EricTodd's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-dirty
superlift shocks are pooooo.

who makes the stuff you used for the chip gaurd as you call it?
I called it "CHIP GUARD" not "CHIP GAURD"

I'm a body person for a living and we use it as chip guard because it's chip guard and it says it right on the can. We usually clear coat over it to duplicate a factory chip guard. This stuff happens to be black so I thought it would look cool to use the natural color of it against a black truck. Don't mistake it for undercoat because it's very different. This stuff drys hard as a rock is rubberized acrylic. I will get a pic of the can for you tomorrow.
I prepped the body with alcohol and then scuffed it with a red scotch-brite pad then used alcohol again then sprayed the stuff right on. It's very very strong stuff.

As far as the shocks go, I got them brand new for $7 a shock and compared to the stock POS ones that are just about rusted through and about 2" too short you can't go wrong.

Thanks for your support though
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2006
Silver's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: edenton,nc
Posts: 2,708
nice work
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-18-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
My old truck =[




I'd advise clear coating it. Much easier to keep clean. It dulls after awhile and you have to use something like Silkolene Pro Prep. It's like Armor All on Steroids and hella better.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-18-2006
EricTodd's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2en
I wish I would've thought of using that bedliner on my exterior

I hope you "scuffed" it almost down to the paint or it's gonna peel =\
Yeah it's scuffed perfectly till it was flat with no shiny spots all the way to the edge.

Thanks for posting those up with the IMG tag.

That's a Pendaliner that came with the truck when I bought it.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-18-2006
EricTodd's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2en
My old truck =[


Hey cool! smart minds think alike heh. I like that light bar too.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-18-2006
telemaster1952's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dover, Deleware
Posts: 3,481
nice truck man
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-18-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTodd
Yeah it's scuffed perfectly till it was flat with no shiny spots all the way to the edge.

Thanks for posting those up with the IMG tag.

That's a Pendaliner that came with the truck when I bought it.
np man

The key is in the prep, if you're a body man then I don't need to tell you that =]

Turned out nice, I like it on that black truck. I did mine more to cover up some nasty scratches and scars. That's why I didn't match it at the same level. 95% of the mud stayed on the liner though. Def did it's job!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-18-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTodd
Hey cool! smart minds think alike heh. I like that light bar too.
It's for sale =]

I'm gonna get my new truck done at the body line you did it at the whole way around. I'm gonna get line-x to do it. Gotta wait til tax return time. I just want the guarantee this time. Don't have much spare time like I use to have either.

edit: you should do the flares!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-18-2006
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
I use something similar: NAPA/Martin Seynour Stone Guard #4004. That's what all the black on the front of my truck and under the rockers is.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-18-2006
EricTodd's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-18-2006
EricTodd's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2en
np man

The key is in the prep, if you're a body man then I don't need to tell you that =]

Turned out nice, I like it on that black truck. I did mine more to cover up some nasty scratches and scars. That's why I didn't match it at the same level. 95% of the mud stayed on the liner though. Def did it's job!
Mine was scratched real bad too. I had 9 tons of rocks dropped off to do my drive and I thought it would be fun to drive over them heh..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-18-2006
FMD's Avatar
FMD FMD is offline
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amherst NY
Posts: 3,811
big ricks or little baby gravel kinda rocks?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-19-2006
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTodd
I called it "CHIP GUARD" not "CHIP GAURD"

I'm a body person for a living and we use it as chip guard because it's chip guard and it says it right on the can. We usually clear coat over it to duplicate a factory chip guard. This stuff happens to be black so I thought it would look cool to use the natural color of it against a black truck. Don't mistake it for undercoat because it's very different. This stuff drys hard as a rock is rubberized acrylic. I will get a pic of the can for you tomorrow.
I prepped the body with alcohol and then scuffed it with a red scotch-brite pad then used alcohol again then sprayed the stuff right on. It's very very strong stuff.

As far as the shocks go, I got them brand new for $7 a shock and compared to the stock POS ones that are just about rusted through and about 2" too short you can't go wrong.

Thanks for your support though
maybe my post was takin in the wrong way, but i wasnt being sarcastic or mocking your spelling, didnt even notice i mispelled it.

i actually just did that to my truck about a month ago, and im looking for something more thick like that. where can you buy that stuff at?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-19-2006
EricTodd's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMD
big ricks or little baby gravel kinda rocks?
Medium size rock about 1 inch. It's actually the ones you'll see in all the pics.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-19-2006
EricTodd's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-dirty
maybe my post was taking in the wrong way, but i wasn't being sarcastic or mocking your spelling, didn't even notice i misspelled it.

i actually just did that to my truck about a month ago, and I'm looking for something more thick like that. where can you buy that stuff at?
Sorry about that, you came across as sarcastic. I took some from work and we get it from a body shop supply place called Finish Master. Try that stuff from Napa that n3elz mentioned it sounds like the same stuff. The trick to that stuff is layers and preparation. Hold the can far from what you are spraying it will disperse further. Let it dry then do it again and so on. It will layer very thick like the factory stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-19-2006
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
That looks real good hombre! If I had a differeent color truck and did more off-roading I'd do it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-19-2006
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
looks really good
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-19-2006
EdGe_wannabe's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Richmond Hill, Georgia
Posts: 4,306
Go on w. your bad self!

Brenton
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Ranger got a black eye in the parking lot today! GRRRRRRRRRR! TheBearJeweler General Ford Ranger Discussion 38 04-28-2009 11:26 PM
I got a parking lot ding...... dj wayne Exterior Semi-Tech 15 03-21-2009 10:01 PM
Parking Lot Pics (videos!) Rapala Snapshots 7 12-07-2008 07:43 PM
I pulled my motor and tranny today! Lot's of Pics! Hardwareman 2.3L & 2.5L I4 Tech 51 03-09-2008 01:21 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:21 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.