Look what the mail people brought me. - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 02-19-2009
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
Fogs are aimed at the ground.. you wouldnt or shldnt have them in your eyes?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-20-2009
CBFranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Posts: 1,029
My truck is just a stock torsion front end with 32" tires and I get people flashing me all the time. I figured out why when I ran into the house one time and left my lights on. Even the fog lights are pretty damn bright. I have stock lights with aftermarket bulbs but no where near as bright or glary as HID's in a normal housing.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-20-2009
TrePaul86's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJustin View Post
Gah...This makes me want to go back to HIDs...but they were such a PITA...(passenger side would go off and on constantly, then while offroading both went out)
Justin, go to eBay and type in "HID Relay kit." I wanna say they're about $21 shipped and that will fix the problem of one not turning on and the flickering issue if you ever experienced that.

What's happening is one side is getting the 12V to turn on and the other side when the switch is turned to the on position isn't getting the full 12V required to ignite the ballasts. Even if it's slightly lower than 12V it won't start the ballast, so it NEEDS to be min 12V on both sides. The relay kit will do just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymikey View Post
I just put yellow 9006's in mine and they make a huge difference. Going HID with 2500k would only make it better.


I like the fogs so much I almost considered installing 2500k headlights.
They don't make anything lower than 3000k HID's. Anything lower and it can be achieved with a halogen bulb. I have 3000k HID's in my fogs as well. Wouldn't go with anything else (other than 30,000k fogs PINK FTW!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFranger View Post
Yeah, and its worse on the HID side just like it would be with your eyes at night.
Seriously drop it dude. You don't have HID's and don't know what it's like to drive with them. It was you that made a huge deal about them. You're NOT going to talk anyone out of getting them and you're the one guy in every thread about HID's that people hate reading posts from. Seriously.

I put 5,000k HID's in my girlfriends 99 civic a few weeks back and even when I ride in her CAR and look at other drivers with HID's I'm not bothered. And guess what... No projectors in her car either. With her behind me driving when I'm in my truck I'm not bothered by the so called "glare" you claim HID's throw out.

They're not as bad as you make them out to be so let it go. Maybe you should consider driving with sunglasses. You're not gonna get HID's off the road so deal with it.

BTW, with the reference you made to your trucks height.... I'm lifted about 9in on 35's and the ONLY time people flash me is on a back road with no street lights and that's only every once and awhile. Try AIMING your headlights.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-20-2009
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFranger View Post
My truck is just a stock torsion front end with 32" tires and I get people flashing me all the time. I figured out why when I ran into the house one time and left my lights on. Even the fog lights are pretty damn bright. I have stock lights with aftermarket bulbs but no where near as bright or glary as HID's in a normal housing.
You need to re-aim your headlights. You don't get the clue that they need to be aimed since people are flashing you?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-20-2009
CBFranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post

Seriously drop it dude. You don't have HID's and don't know what it's like to drive with them. It was you that made a huge deal about them. You're NOT going to talk anyone out of getting them and you're the one guy in every thread about HID's that people hate reading posts from. Seriously.
Sorry that I'm a considerate individual. I LOVE HID's...I've driven cars that had OEM HID's and I've driven cars with retrofitted projector housings with aftermarket HID kits. However, I've also been blinded by people's HID's in the wrong housing. When you're driving head on towards a BMW you have ZERO eye strain. Better than OEM halogen bulbs. When you drive towards a vehicle with HID's in halogen housings it looks like they have their high beams on. For a low vehicle it is even worse when they are driving towards vehicles like our trucks. So no, I will not drop it. People can ignore me, but I'm going to continue to let people know that you could possibly be endangering other drivers for your own safety.

Quote:
They're not as bad as you make them out to be so let it go. Maybe you should consider driving with sunglasses. You're not gonna get HID's off the road so deal with it.
Maybe not to you, and actually, I do drive with sunglasses at night in some cases. If I had the time and money I'd get a prescription for tint on my windshield. Just because your eyes aren't sensitive to glare doesnt matter, because you aren't the only driver on the road. And I dont want HID's off the road, I'd prefer that every new vehicle be required to have HID's with projection lenses.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-20-2009
CBFranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Posts: 1,029
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-20-2009
Auto's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jeannette, PA (Pittsburgh
Posts: 511
HIDS would be nice but i'd rather have a new clutch and slave.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-20-2009
TrePaul86's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 1,369
Do some research. He has a 01+

Projectors are made for that year on up. So that last post is useless in this thread. Just shows they make them for the older years. Congrats.

There is no reason for the posts about how unsafe they are to you. He was basically showing them off and wanted to know if you liked them or not. Didn't need your Opinion101.

BTW, you're comparing cars and trucks. Apples and oranges.

If you can't handle the light from HID's at night, don't drive at night. Easy fix. Cuz HID's aren't going anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-20-2009
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFranger View Post
You're an idiot. First of all HID's in a housing that's meant for Halogens will never work 100% right, regardless if it is some ****ty ebay china projector headlights or OEM reflector headlights. Do you even know why? And if you were to swap in some high quality projectors off an S2000 or e46 BMW or something into a lifted trucks headlights you are just as dumb. All other cars will be below the cutoff instead of above it and getting blinded even worse since the light is concentrated much more, and then for you to not blind them you'd have to aim them like straight down and then you would have no light spread at all and have far worse visibility then stock bulbs in the stock headlights.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-20-2009
TrePaul86's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 1,369
Thank you Korey!

CBFranger = massive own'd.

His postings about HIDs are about as worthless as a midget with down syndrome.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-20-2009
CBFranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
Do some research. He has a 01+

Projectors are made for that year on up. So that last post is useless in this thread. Just shows they make them for the older years. Congrats.

There is no reason for the posts about how unsafe they are to you. He was basically showing them off and wanted to know if you liked them or not. Didn't need your Opinion101.

BTW, you're comparing cars and trucks. Apples and oranges.

If you can't handle the light from HID's at night, don't drive at night. Easy fix. Cuz HID's aren't going anywhere.
I guess you have reading comprehension issues.

And if you dont want peoples opinions, dont post things on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
You're an idiot. First of all HID's in a housing that's meant for Halogens will never work 100% right, regardless if it is some ****ty ebay china projector headlights or OEM reflector headlights.
Thanks for supporting my argument. And a projection lens, reguardless of how crappy, is better than no lens at all.


Quote:
Do you even know why?
Do you? Come on, teach the Chemistry major a science lesson.

Quote:
And if you were to swap in some high quality projectors off an S2000 or e46 BMW or something into a lifted trucks headlights you are just as dumb. All other cars will be below the cutoff instead of above it and getting blinded even worse since the light is concentrated much more, and then for you to not blind them you'd have to aim them like straight down and then you would have no light spread at all and have far worse visibility then stock bulbs in the stock headlights.
WOW!

You mean you're agreeing with me!

I love how people on this forum like to try and "own" people by agreeing with them, only with different words.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-20-2009
TrePaul86's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 1,369
I think you have reading comprehension issues. Korey wasn't agreeing with you. I'm pretty sure when someone calls you an idiot, they're not agreeing with you.

/end hack.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-20-2009
Hillyard's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,018
Mad props for putting those in the snow. That's some dedication.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-20-2009
TrePaul86's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 1,369
It's a ranger disease man! lol

I swapped my front drive line laying under my truck with 2ft of snow on the ground lol
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-20-2009
CBFranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
I think you have reading comprehension issues. Korey wasn't agreeing with you. I'm pretty sure when someone calls you an idiot, they're not agreeing with you.

/end hack.
OK, lets do this again.

We'll ignore the name calling, because I could destroy with grammar rules here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
First of all HID's in a housing that's meant for Halogens will never work 100% right, regardless if it is some ****ty ebay china projector headlights or OEM reflector headlights.
Correct. You wouldn't put a set of brakes on your vehicle that dont work 100% correctly. You wouldn't put a seat belt in your vehicle that doesn't work 100% correctly. Why in the hell would you put a headlight on your vehicle that doesn't work 100% correctly?



Quote:
And if you were to swap in some high quality projectors off an S2000 or e46 BMW or something into a lifted trucks headlights you are just as dumb. All other cars will be below the cutoff instead of above it and getting blinded even worse since the light is concentrated much more, and then for you to not blind them you'd have to aim them like straight down and then you would have no light spread at all and have far worse visibility then stock bulbs in the stock headlights.
Correct. So in other words DONT PUT HID's ON YOUR VEHICLE IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF DOING IT CORRECTLY.

So everything you posted agrees with what I'm saying, you just prefer to ignore the fact that you could potentially be a danger to other drivers.

But hey I could not drive at night and not worry about glare, or people could follow the law and I wouldn't have issue.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-20-2009
TrePaul86's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 1,369
Why don't you let law enforcement monitor what's legal. That's their damn job.

You really just can't let it go can you? There's NOTHING wrong with HID's in a reflector housing. It's best put in a projector housing, yes. But it's not WRONG. Call up Acura and ask them why they put OEM HID's in their cars with only reflectors (some cars). Weird.

You're comparing brakes, seat belts and headlights. Are you on drugs?

You really can't get that projectors on a lifted truck is like pushing a square block through a round hole. It doesn't make any sense. Drivers would be even worse off in that situation.

I feel like I'm talking to a 2 year old, so I'm done.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-20-2009
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
I have a box of tissues you guys need some?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-20-2009
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFranger View Post
Yeah, and its worse on the HID side just like it would be with your eyes at night.
Umm brighter lights and camera don't mix!! Have you never taken a picture before?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-20-2009
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98liftedranger View Post
Umm brighter lights and camera don't mix!! Have you never taken a picture before?

haha...i just read this thread and before posting, you already said what i was gonna say. damn you adam.



BMFRANGER wtf your name is...have you never taken pics of focused light shining into a camera???
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-20-2009
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
I am glad this thread became a HID war..

HID FTMFW..

will never go back..

once you go HId.. well you change your pants more often. haha

yeah snow made it hard to mount ballast.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-20-2009
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
Ok Chris, so you quoted me twice and picked apart my post both times so I'm not going to quote your posts and reply to them. I will say one thing, if there is any wrong way to do HID's on a lifted truck it is projectors. The whole idea behind projectors is to have a cutoff that stops light from going high enough that it gets in peoples eyes. Lifted trucks and most trucks in general have lights already high enough that they are in peoples eyes if they aren't aimed down, with the projector it isn't loosing light to any glare or anything, it's spreading it all out evenly below the cutoff. Now if you just put them on an OEM reflector you aren't getting that big wide spread of concentrated light, the light is more focused straight ahead so oncoming traffic on your sides aren't affected as much. Sure the people if front of you are affected but the people facing your lights aren't as affected. So if anything is correct, putting it in the stock light is correct if you're in a lifted truck and care about oncoming traffic. And I'm not supporting your argument, you're trying to link to projectors made for halogen bulbs. Have you ever seen an HID kit in an 01+ Ranger before in person? If you haven't you really have no voice in this thread, they headlight in the Ranger is much simpler and shallower then in some other cars so the light doesn't have as much to glare off of so they don't glare much at all. Just because it looks like it in pictures doesn't mean anything, you need to see it in person before you say anything else. The light pattern is still pretty much the same thing that it is with halogens in the Ranger, the only difference really is a minuscule amount of glare and that the light itself is brighter and depending on the K a different color.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-20-2009
CBFranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
Why don't you let law enforcement monitor what's legal. That's their damn job.
That's good to know. Because the police know and enforce every law. Never mind, they dont. I've had cops flat out tell me "I dont know the law, I cant help you."

Quote:
You really just can't let it go can you? There's NOTHING wrong with HID's in a reflector housing. It's best put in a projector housing, yes. But it's not WRONG. Call up Acura and ask them why they put OEM HID's in their cars with only reflectors (some cars). Weird.
There is something wrong with HID's in reflector housings, you drive around with your brights on all the time because you dont have low beams. When you can make a kit like acura, who can lower the intensity of the light and you can mount your headlights that low to the ground, let me know.


Quote:
You're comparing brakes, seat belts and headlights. Are you on drugs?
Headlights are safety equipment just like brakes and seatbelts. Let me form an analogy for you. Putting HID's on your truck in a halogen housing is like putting a 5 point safety harness in your truck but not having enough money to buy one for the passenger so you just let them do without any sort of safety harness. Just as you are endangering your passenger for the sake of having this cool, functional equipment but not completing the job, you are endangering other drivers on the road by installing this cool, functional equipment but not completing the job or doing the job correctly.

Quote:
You really can't get that projectors on a lifted truck is like pushing a square block through a round hole. It doesn't make any sense. Drivers would be even worse off in that situation.
Good, dont put HID's on your lifted truck. But wait, some car companies who put HID's on their vehicles that ride a tad higher than the average coupe or sedan make their driver's side light significantly more dim for the low beams than the passenger's side. Why? Because projection lenses allow you to focus the light so well that if you could turn off your drivers side light, on-coming traffic wouldn't be affected at all. So, if you want HID's on your lifted truck, figure a way to do it correctly or I will say you are doing it wrong, because you are.

Quote:
I feel like I'm talking to a 2 year old, so I'm done.
Really? You aren't using logic or being considerate for anyone but yourself and you are calling ME the 2 year old? Also, who is doing all of the name calling and insults? You cant have a normal, logical discussion about it because you are a bigot and will stick to your guns regardless of what argument is placed in front of you.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-20-2009
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
Okay can we move your bs to a new thread and stop ruining this one thank you.

This about my mods not your battle over hids they are on amd its to late.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-20-2009
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
i dont get the HID hate... its always from people who have never actually seen them installed. You cant judge the glare from crappy pictures. If there was any chance that it was unsafe, I wouldnt have them. CBFRanger, they really arent that bad... trust us! Everyone who has them says their fine. You dont have them and say theyre dangerous/illegal. You have no clue what youre talking about
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-21-2009
CBFranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
i dont get the HID hate... its always from people who have never actually seen them installed. You cant judge the glare from crappy pictures. If there was any chance that it was unsafe, I wouldnt have them. CBFRanger, they really arent that bad... trust us! Everyone who has them says their fine. You dont have them and say theyre dangerous/illegal. You have no clue what youre talking about
I have seen them installed on multiple makes and models of vehicles including rangers, s-10's, and full size pickups. I've seen retro fitted projection lenses and aftermarket projection lenses. I've seen them on lowered cars and lifted trucks. I've helped install 3 different sets.

Why do people on RF assume you're inexperienced if you disagree with the community "truth." Society doesn't dictate absolute truth. Therefore, neither does community. Just because I disagree with the community does not make me wrong and the community right. I did not make my judgment on HID's based on pictures, that's asinine. I said that picture helps demonstrate why HID's dont belong in reflector housings.

You may think they're "not that bad" but if one person feels they are too bright and you are endangering them, you shouldn't have them on. I know people think my STOCK lights are too bright, because they flash me. Most people are *******s and flash their brights back. I am considerate and flash my fogs to let them know that I cant go any more dim.

But if the Ranger community here wants to continue to fuel the "pick up truck drivers are inconsiderate *******s" stereotype, then by all means, continue to do things that make you look like an ******* to other people.

If anyone has questions about my HID experience or other HID questions, I'd be glad to help out. I've said enough in this thread, but dont think that I wont mention the same thing every time someone puts another HID bulb in a reflector housing, especially on a vehicle with a ride height higher than average.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LOOK WAT THE MAIL MAN BROUGHT ME! gotmud? Snapshots 19 03-14-2009 12:08 AM
Look what the mail people brought me. jaycheetwood General Ford Ranger Discussion 2 02-19-2009 07:02 PM
Look what the UPS man brought 2day... RCL816 Exterior Semi-Tech 25 04-09-2008 07:48 PM
Must See! Look What Fed Ex Brought Today!!!!! 05RangerXLT General Ford Ranger Discussion 17 12-19-2007 06:23 PM
Look what Fedex brought me today! Austin1 General Ford Ranger Discussion 20 12-18-2007 10:37 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:06 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.