Only in a ranger... - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 01-11-2010
rangrdangr_4x4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: St. Louis, IL
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine090767 View Post
my ranger 4.0 is rated at 207 HP
My ranger's fexing doesn't crack the windshield
my ranger doesn't have a gap in the weatherstripping
my ranger hasn't depreciated much because i take care of it.
x2 for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-13-2010
Rebel4x4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Salisbury
Posts: 30
Only in a ranger you spend more time trying to figure out the Damn seat belts more than driving it
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-13-2010
TheStig88's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 2,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES894x4 View Post
only in a plain white ranger can you park where you want because everyone thinks your the company or citys car
x2 FTW!!

i get away with it at work all the time
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-13-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needforspeed3685 View Post
Only in a Ranger can you not do your girlfriend without first rolling down a window!
doors gotta be open in mine, my ex's truck we did in the back seat though, no window issues... several times, with DAMN good results... :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4x4 View Post
Only in a ranger you spend more time trying to figure out the Damn seat belts more than driving it
what you talkin foo? turn the key on, wait for the seatbelt light to turn off (on the dash, approx 1 minute) buckle and un buckle, at a moderate speed, the seatbelt, 7 times, (or untill the seatbelt signal flashes) turn key off, and back on never have your dinger turn on for that seat again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig88 View Post
x2 FTW!!

i get away with it at work all the time
i barely ever even get away with it when driving my work trucks... marked government vehicles

Last edited by --weezl--; 01-13-2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: re-wording
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-13-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
oh, i forgot,

only in a ranger can you get a 2, 3, 4, and 5 seater, but not a 6...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-13-2010
Rebel4x4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Salisbury
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
what you talkin foo? turn the key on, wait for the seatbelt light to turn off (on the dash, approx 1 minute) buckle and un buckle, at a moderate speed, the seatbelt, 7 times, (or untill the seatbelt signal flashes) turn key off, and back on never have your dinger turn on for that seat again...
lol Mine is a 86 and my dad is a 96 and the damn seat belts always lock up my dad's did it when he first got it new mine from when I got and before I got it it did it
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-13-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
you could do several things... first would be crack the belt thing open, and disable the inertia device, this will cause your seatbelt to be non functional, but will keep you from getting tickets (if that is the law where you live) second, would be take them right out, and put 4 point harnesses in...

i assume you mean lock so it won't let out?

if it won't retract, there is often a little pin in the door frame, that the door presses in when it is closed, not the light switch that turns off the dome light, an additional one, larger, and mechanical (not an electrical switch) break this pin off, the seat belt will not lock in the out position anymore, the spring loaded action will always be enabled
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-13-2010
Rebel4x4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Salisbury
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
you could do several things... first would be crack the belt thing open, and disable the inertia device, this will cause your seatbelt to be non functional, but will keep you from getting tickets (if that is the law where you live) second, would be take them right out, and put 4 point harnesses in...

i assume you mean lock so it won't let out?

if it won't retract, there is often a little pin in the door frame, that the door presses in when it is closed, not the light switch that turns off the dome light, an additional one, larger, and mechanical (not an electrical switch) break this pin off, the seat belt will not lock in the out position anymore, the spring loaded action will always be enabled
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-13-2010
Melt's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,392
can you get donor parts for your mazda and have them go right in
can you get the ford dealer to work on your mazda with parts in stock
can a compact camper shell that fits most other small trucks hang off the back
can you get stuck in 3" snow with the slightest incline because of the open diff and street tires
can you go mudding and still be hosing out the underside of the bed years later
can your 4cyl have less hp than the 4cyl car you owned that preceded it
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-13-2010
rolsmojave3's Avatar
Level III Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,852
Only in a Ranger can you get Chrome transfercase and transmission shift levers with cool ***** and leather boots/cool bezel from the factory.

Only in a Ranger can you fit in most any garage with the door not all the way up...quite handy acutally.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-13-2010
RhodeRanger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Warren, RI
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktober! View Post
Only in a ranger does the frame flex so badly that is cracks the windshield.
I went through two windshields in my impreza before I bought a front strut bar. Problem solved. (doesn't help that I run 800lbs/inch springs ) Its a very common problem on '02-'07 imprezas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktober! View Post
Only in a ranger can a 4.0 L engine make 170 HP
Wasn't the jeep 4.0L rated at 170hp?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-13-2010
Toreador4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 3,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabe View Post
This shocks you?!?
You drive around looking at other peoples trucks thinking about what parts you can rip off of them and then you wonder why those people give you bad looks.

If you pulled up next to me and started asking what bolt pattern my wheels were, I'd knock your teeth out too.
LOL its all ranger guys around here...stock or modified. I dont ask what parts will and wont fit...i already knowww haha
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-13-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melt View Post
can you go mudding and still be hosing out the underside of the bed years later
i can't believe how true this is... i gotta go pay mr lube to pressure wash the bottom of my truck
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1988 2.3L Ranger won't start, only crank CLAARMAN SOHC - 2.3L & 2.5L Lima Engines 6 07-02-2014 08:23 PM
Air only blows through dash defrost on all settings floor,vent. Only blows wide open? cseay99 SOHC - 2.3L & 2.5L Lima Engines 4 12-08-2011 10:42 AM
2003 Ranger FX4 only 28K miles (MN) $11000 CJGSAY Ranger Based Vehicles 9 04-01-2009 09:47 PM
Ranger not starting, only clicking. Possible flooding. HELP!!!!!! Prerunner-Ranger 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 79 01-09-2009 01:39 PM
93 ranger stock radio only works full blast jennkent5454 Audio & Video Tech 3 07-24-2008 03:26 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:31 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.