Spindle lift parts and prices - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-01-2006
buzzair's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 2,341
Spindle lift parts and prices

I've been researching for a while and this is what I have come up with in terms of all the parts I think I need at the best prices I can find for a 3 inch spindle lift.

Let me know what ya'all think of this setup and the prices I can get them at.
BTW all prices include shipping.

I'm open to any suggestions and feedback.

Spindles



SuspensionMax - $299.95 w/shipping - http://sporttrucksuspension.com/RANGERLIFT.HTM

AALs



Procomp AAL Model EXP-13120 - $40.70 - http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...ch&DDS=1&N=115

Shackles



Belltech - Model BEL-6400 - $57.70 - SummitRacing - http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...nresults=false

Total

Spindles - 299.95
AAL's - $40.70
Shackles - $57.70
-------------------------
$398.35 <----EDIT: Final price includes shipping

Last edited by buzzair; 06-01-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-01-2006
a311fanam's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Westerly, RI
Posts: 2,006
sounds like a great deal, but dont forget shipping charges. also i can't remember, but you may need longer shocks for the rear, fronts your ok
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2006
buzzair's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 2,341
All those prices include shipping. I took it all the way to checkout then cancelled. soo tempted to push submit
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-01-2006
a311fanam's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Westerly, RI
Posts: 2,006
what are u waiting for?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-01-2006
buzzair's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 2,341
More forum feedback :)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-01-2006
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
I have all of the above

for me, spindles were a PITA...you definetly need to grind A LOT of places with those spindles. Don't be afraid. Also, you NEED a "pitman arm puller" to pull the spindle off the ball joint.

Just buy a tie rod puller and get that out. You will also need new tie rod end links (20 each) and they are simple to install. I ripped the boot on both, but 1 was already ripped.

Also, for the AAL's and the shackles...I didn't have enough "jack" to do either. I tried to, but it just wont' work. Be sure you have a high enough jack, because it gets pretty high...forget about mounting your 33's on after that...you have to jack from the pumpkin.

Overall, it took me 8 hrs to do, a lot of cursing, 100 dollars more than expected. I had to buy new tie-rod ends, the puller, grease, and a tie rod puller. It sucked.

I am happy with the outcome, but the process is HARD and you do need 2 people sometimes. Maybe it was just me, but that was a PITA. I'm doing a review on it soon, I just need pics.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-01-2006
straightedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Davie, Florida
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpro130
I have all of the above

for me, spindles were a PITA...you definetly need to grind A LOT of places with those spindles. Don't be afraid. Also, you NEED a "pitman arm puller" to pull the spindle off the ball joint.

Just buy a tie rod puller and get that out. You will also need new tie rod end links (20 each) and they are simple to install. I ripped the boot on both, but 1 was already ripped.

Also, for the AAL's and the shackles...I didn't have enough "jack" to do either. I tried to, but it just wont' work. Be sure you have a high enough jack, because it gets pretty high...forget about mounting your 33's on after that...you have to jack from the pumpkin.

Overall, it took me 8 hrs to do, a lot of cursing, 100 dollars more than expected. I had to buy new tie-rod ends, the puller, grease, and a tie rod puller. It sucked.

I am happy with the outcome, but the process is HARD and you do need 2 people sometimes. Maybe it was just me, but that was a PITA. I'm doing a review on it soon, I just need pics.
now, you need to come to the meets, aka tower shopes.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-01-2006
buzzair's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 2,341
Thanks for the info Ricky. I'm looking forward to your review/how-to w/pics.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-01-2006
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightedge
now, you need to come to the meets, aka tower shopes.
I would if I had 33's on...I got a bent rim (maybe) I have one more thing to check!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-01-2006
quest51210
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
that is a dang good deal. i may have to look into those 35's sooner
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-01-2006
RicksTJR's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dyersburg, TN
Posts: 524
I say go for it I have those same spindles and I had to grind a little but not tons and I am pleased with them so far. Also after you do one spindle the next side is so easy.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-01-2006
resqdude's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Posts: 424
I have those shackles on my truck there great and gave me atleast 2-3 inches of lift in the rear
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-01-2006
05rangeredge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 311
YES 35's are nice. I say go for it. I did it with a T-Bar crank and now im sitting on 35's!
Your turn!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-01-2006
buzzair's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 2,341
Hows the power with 35's and a 3.0?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-01-2006
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzair
Hows the power with 35's and a 3.0?
i have never driven one but i know that griggs has 35's on his 3.0 auto and its not bad but he does have 4.56 gears
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-01-2006
buzzair's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 2,341
hmm..I ask cause I might be able to get 4 almost new 35's BFG A/Ts for $450 but not if its gonna decrease my power considerably and cause other problems down the road.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-01-2006
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
go with 33's...I was rubbing in reverse turning left (i think) in the front with 1.5" tbar crank

you lose ALOT of power, I did not realize it. Just get a tuner/fipk/exhaust/efan and you'll be back to stock in no-time!!!

go w/ 33's...it is a LOT bigger than you think...it makes it look tonka!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-01-2006
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzair
hmm..I ask cause I might be able to get 4 almost new 35's BFG A/Ts for $450 but not if its gonna decrease my power considerably and cause other problems down the road.
if you get 35's you will need to regear... ranger1 has 35's with 4.10 gears and he cant use 5th gear on the highway and he has a 4.0 so i would imagine its much worse with a 3.0... however when i put my lift on im gonna go with 35's since i really dont care about speed
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-02-2006
buzzair's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpro130
go with 33's...I was rubbing in reverse turning left (i think) in the front with 1.5" tbar crank

you lose ALOT of power, I did not realize it. Just get a tuner/fipk/exhaust/efan and you'll be back to stock in no-time!!!

go w/ 33's...it is a LOT bigger than you think...it makes it look tonka!!!
My original plan was 33's, and I already have the e-fan. Tuner would be further down the road.

The only reason I'm considering 35's is cause of the great deal I can get on them. If not for that, I would be sticking with 33's.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-02-2006
buzzair's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorblue92
if you get 35's you will need to regear... ranger1 has 35's with 4.10 gears and he cant use 5th gear on the highway and he has a 4.0 so i would imagine its much worse with a 3.0... however when i put my lift on im gonna go with 35's since i really dont care about speed
Yea thats the thing, I don't care that much about speed either but I would still want as much power as I have now.

Are you planning on regearing or no?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-02-2006
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzair
Yea thats the thing, I don't care that much about speed either but I would still want as much power as I have now.

Are you planning on regearing or no?
yeah im prob gonna go with 4.56 gears when i finally do the lift
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-02-2006
Needforspeed3685's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lowell, AR
Posts: 1,836
Let me revise that list for you:
  • Spindles - $299.95
  • AAL's - $40.70
  • Shackles - $57.70
  • Grease, tie-rod puller, and other “must-haves” at AutoZone - $78.92
  • Case of Bud Light - $16.00
  • Broken finger after drunkenly smashing between control arm and spindle - $562.98 after insurance
  • Gaining 3 inches of altitude - Priceless
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-02-2006
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needforspeed3685
Let me revise that list for you:
  • Spindles - $299.95
  • AAL's - $40.70
  • Shackles - $57.70
  • Grease, tie-rod puller, and other “must-haves” at AutoZone - $78.92
  • Case of Bud Light - $16.00
  • Broken finger after drunkenly smashing between control arm and spindle - $562.98 after insurance
  • Gaining 3 inches of altitude - Priceless
Haha, so true...I spent that much money too!!! I didn't buy the beer or the insurrance. But the autozone bill was about 100...and I had to dish out 100 just for the rental. So in reality...I spent 200 more than I thought I would. Plus now I have to fix my ABS light

And I still have to do my rear!!!

But...3" higher, thats priceless.

I didn't think it would be that big...it's pretty large with 33's...I'm 6' and its a jump up there!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-02-2006
buzzair's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 2,341
lol, thats a good one.

If I'm looking at a 200 dollar do-it-yourself price tag then I might as well see how much I can get it professionally done for me. My Uncle knows someone...I'll ask for a quote.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-02-2006
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
It was 5-700 for me...I can't see it being any different. Takes about 6-8hrs for any mechanic to do. They charge about 70-100/hr. It's a good amount of work, a lot of grinding, a lot of specialty tools. You need the pullers, presses, jack stands, lift, jacks, tie rod end links, new ball joints (if you tear boots), new tie rod end links (if boots torn), etc.

I would expect to pay someone at least 700...its a lot better doing it yourself!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parts needed for a Spindle Lift bspragg Suspension Tech 1 05-21-2014 01:07 PM
3" spindle vs 4" spindle lifted-edge Suspension Tech 3 10-27-2013 05:15 PM
Lift prices? USMC6154 New Ideas 3 04-14-2010 03:14 PM
Coil lift vs. Spindle lift b-n-t09 Suspension Tech 14 05-07-2007 08:08 AM
Body Lift prices Yellow01Edge 1" & 3" Body Lifts 14 03-22-2006 10:38 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:08 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.