Upgrade Time? - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

View Poll Results: Ranger Vs. Tahoe
Ranger 15 60.00%
Tahoe 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 10-16-2012
2004xlmiller's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sac, CA
Posts: 1,601
this truck has 40K, my ranger has about 11K now on the motor and around 115K on the rest. im gonna sit down this weekend when i have time and list it all out.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-16-2012
2004xlmiller's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sac, CA
Posts: 1,601
one i found on a tahoe forum


this one sports rancho's 4in kit and 35s. my favorite one ive found to model off..
Workday Wheeler Lifted 2001 Gmc Yukon Photo 1

Attached Thumbnails
Upgrade Time?-4813589827_330bcb1ca6_b.jpg   Upgrade Time?-131_1207_01workday_wheelerlifted_2001_gmc_yukon.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-16-2012
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller View Post
this truck has 40K, my ranger has about 11K now on the motor and around 115K on the rest. im gonna sit down this weekend when i have time and list it all out.
That's not to bad then. Are they both paid off? If so and your parents want the cash. You could always take a loan out on one and build your credit up.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-17-2012
Mcleary316's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 2,322
Do you really wanna spend all the money modding this one now that you are pretty much finished with the ranger? i wouldn't. Then again I just hate chevys.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-17-2012
2004xlmiller's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sac, CA
Posts: 1,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic04Edge View Post
That's not to bad then. Are they both paid off? If so and your parents want the cash. You could always take a loan out on one and build your credit up.
yup both are paid off. cash i get for my ranger would buy me the hoe, probably would end up making payments to them for the rest of the value.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-17-2012
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller View Post
yup both are paid off. cash i get for my ranger would buy me the hoe, probably would end up making payments to them for the rest of the value.
You should try and keep both and lower the ranger and lift the tahoe and make the ranger your dd. My 98 runs a tired 3.0/5spd and I avg low 20's with a heavy pedal. Plus lowered rangers are a blast.

Attached Thumbnails
Upgrade Time?-dsc_0226.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-17-2012
Mcleary316's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 2,322
Morgan doesn't strike me as someone who would drive a lowered truck.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-17-2012
2004xlmiller's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sac, CA
Posts: 1,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcleary316 View Post
Morgan doesn't strike me as someone who would drive a lowered truck.
i probably would.. only a ranger though. but i dont think i could bring myself to slam the current one.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-17-2012
wyldechild's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic04Edge View Post
Didn't you just get a brand new motor in the ranger not long ago?

How many miles on the tahoe?

I would put a list together on both trucks on the pros and cons and make a proper decision that way.

Part of the reason I let my dads f150 go is because right now I dont need a truck that big. Do you really NEED a tahoe? I wouldn't mind one, but I dont need one right now. If you aren't having kids any time soon I wouldn't trade the ranger for it. Not to mention they are dime a dozen if you want one just buy one later on and keep the ranger for work duties.
Its all relative. Do you really NEED three vehicles?

Its all about what YOU want Morgan. IMO, even with the work you've done to your Ranger, it isn't as nice as that Tahoe. Those lifted ones you posted are badass. I love my Ranger...but I understand there are better vehicles out there. Vehicles that will suit my needs better. Thats why I've been debating what I should do with mine.

There are many people on here who have upgraded from a Ranger to a fullsize...and haven't looked back. Sure, you'll miss your Ranger...but you'll be happier with a fullsize that seats 6 comfortably, has more power, cleaner, 4wd, exc.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-17-2012
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldechild View Post
Its all relative. Do you really NEED three vehicles?

Its all about what YOU want Morgan. IMO, even with the work you've done to your Ranger, it isn't as nice as that Tahoe. Those lifted ones you posted are badass. I love my Ranger...but I understand there are better vehicles out there. Vehicles that will suit my needs better. Thats why I've been debating what I should do with mine.

There are many people on here who have upgraded from a Ranger to a fullsize...and haven't looked back. Sure, you'll miss your Ranger...but you'll be happier with a fullsize that seats 6 comfortably, has more power, cleaner, 4wd, exc.
Not sure if the 3 vehicle comment was for me or not, but if it was you must not know that I am married and the wife has to drive something lol. She's driving the mazda for now until we start having kids. Then we will be upgraded to something with more room.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-17-2012
2004xlmiller's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sac, CA
Posts: 1,601
i was just cruising today. truck was running great. hurst felt amazing, motor strong. all i kept thinking about is how id miss it alot. my trucks turned into an offroad sports car for me. i genuinely love driving it. making this decision twice as hard haha because the other half of me would love to build a new rig.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-17-2012
Mcleary316's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller View Post
i was just cruising today. truck was running great. hurst felt amazing, motor strong. all i kept thinking about is how id miss it alot. my trucks turned into an offroad sports car for me. i genuinely love driving it. making this decision twice as hard haha because the other half of me would love to build a new rig.
Make sure you take your time and make the right decision.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrade time? 07rangersport General Ford Discussion 21 02-18-2012 07:16 PM
Rear suspension is shot time for an upgrade zx1206 Suspension Tech 2 01-01-2011 03:54 AM
Time for Upgrade Trigger Audio & Video Tech 8 03-07-2010 02:45 PM
HIDs Crapped out Time to upgrade got???s btm757 General Ford Ranger Discussion 23 11-26-2009 08:59 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.