I hate t, but.. 2010 Buckets? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Interior Semi-Tech General discussion of interior for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-25-2012
coyttl's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Millville, WV
Posts: 41
Icon9 I hate t, but.. 2010 Buckets?

Yeah, I searched, too. And after reading a gosh-darn-lot of threads on bucket seats now, I positively hate to ask.

However -
2010's have friggin' airbags in the seats. I really, really don't like the 60/40 split -

However, with airbags, there's not much open to me, is there? (I don't know a thing about the Exploder model, so don't even know what airbags the latest came with..)

Thoughts? ..other than disabling the whole airbag system?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-25-2012
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,666
you bought your ranger on my 20th birthday.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-25-2012
coyttl's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Millville, WV
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDirigible View Post
you bought your ranger on my 20th birthday.
Hah, happy late 21st, then! :)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-26-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MO
Posts: 33
I think your pretty much stuck looking for 10-11 ranger bucket seats. http://car-part.com < You might luck out and find a set of buckets near you. An other option is to order the seat pan, bottom cushion, and lower seat cover and convert your current drivers side to a bucket. But I'm sure you can find a set of buckets cheaper than buying those parts from ford.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-2012
coyttl's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Millville, WV
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
I think your pretty much stuck looking for 10-11 ranger bucket seats. http://car-part.com < You might luck out and find a set of buckets near you. An other option is to order the seat pan, bottom cushion, and lower seat cover and convert your current drivers side to a bucket. But I'm sure you can find a set of buckets cheaper than buying those parts from ford.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. It was like that in the MINI as well, where there wasn't any real alternatives out there because of the airbags.

Oddly, Explorer seats did have airbags, from the same year I found out while googling, Will have to see what was available and if the racks still match up.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-26-2012
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pickerington, OH
Posts: 66
I'd be a little interested in whether late model explorer seats fit our rails, let us know what you find.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-26-2012
FULLSCALE's Avatar
Level III Supporter

iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Clinton, Ontario
Posts: 8,181
What about the guy that makes the seat covers for Rangers? I wonder if you cut the center section out if he made covers for the air bag seats.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-26-2012
01RangerEdge's Avatar
Scrambles the DeathDealer
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MO
Posts: 7,598
Just get Expo buckets. Or have a shop remove the airbag and cut your seat down to a bucket
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-26-2012
<TX>TORKiT's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,551
What is your problem with the 60/40?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-26-2012
drppdyllwrngr's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wilmington, nc
Posts: 2,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RangerEdge View Post
Just get Expo buckets. Or have a shop remove the airbag and cut your seat down to a bucket
illegal for a shop to tamper with or remove the airbags, plus it's a huge liability if something happens...IE owner can have a shop remove, then come back and sue.


explorers got air bags in the seats for a couple years. they would bolt in, but i'm pretty sure the air bag stuff isn't compatible. your seats should have weight sensors in them. don't think the ex ever got that. and anything newer than 03 won't bolt in.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-27-2012
coyttl's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Millville, WV
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by drppdyllwrngr View Post
illegal for a shop to tamper with or remove the airbags, plus it's a huge liability if something happens...IE owner can have a shop remove, then come back and sue.


explorers got air bags in the seats for a couple years. they would bolt in, but i'm pretty sure the air bag stuff isn't compatible. your seats should have weight sensors in them. don't think the ex ever got that. and anything newer than 03 won't bolt in.
I agree on the reputable shop not wanting to mess with airbags. (Not wanting to put myself in danger. Frankly I'd prefer NOT HAVING ANY, but having operable ones is preferred to having one that could blow up and take off my arm! )

You threw a curve at the end there - my Ranger does have the weight sensors - often my tools and bags will set off the 'Passenger Airbag' light. But you say they would bolt in, but then they wouldn't?

This weekend is supposed to be nice - I plan on heading to a junk yard to do some investigating..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-27-2012
drppdyllwrngr's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wilmington, nc
Posts: 2,096
sorry, should have reread what i wrote. 95-01 explorers and up to 03 ex sports should bolt in if you disregard the airbag stuff. explorers newer than 03 (or 01 if not ex sport) will not bolt into a ranger.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-27-2012
djfllmn's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,796
i thought the ranger didnt get side airbags until 2011 but i could be wrong
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-28-2012
drppdyllwrngr's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wilmington, nc
Posts: 2,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post
i thought the ranger didnt get side airbags until 2011 but i could be wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyttl View Post
However -
2010's have friggin' airbags in the seats. I really, really don't like the 60/40 split

it was 2010 that they mandated all seats have them.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-28-2012
coyttl's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Millville, WV
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by drppdyllwrngr View Post
it was 2010 that they mandated all seats have them.
..Which helped to increase the cost on almost all cars. D'oh.
Honestly, if I could replace them with non-airbag'd seats, I would. But I'm pretty sure that that would kill everything air-bag related.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010/2011 Trade 60/40 seats for buckets? jrflowers Interior Semi-Tech 5 11-23-2013 11:02 AM
Nova Pics...Hate Hate hate :) INT3RC3PTOR Snapshots 21 03-25-2012 11:16 PM
Trade Explorer Leather Buckets for your 05+ Ranger buckets? mpire Interior Semi-Tech 5 01-01-2010 07:22 PM
I hate to do this but.... 98liftedranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 23 01-05-2009 06:46 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:38 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.