Greetings RF dwellers.
This is the log of the effort/money/time I put into my little daily driver.
I decided to make an actual project log as it just seemed more appropriate.
As many of you know I have slowly and steadily been rehabilitating and making my 2000 Ranger XLT 2.5L (5 Speed) more reliable.
I am the third owner with one of those owners being MasterAtArms93, a former member of this site. The truck currently sits at 180,000, but that isn't actual due to the 31's on it.
My goal was to get it to go at least another 100,000 on the original 2.5L before considering dropping a 86-88 thunderbird turbo coupe 2.3t in it.
The following services have been completed since February:
- Heater Core Replaced with Spectra Unit
- Spark plugs and wires replaced with Duralast Gold Wires + Motocraft Plugs
- Timing Belt + Tensioner replaced
- Radiator Replaced with Spectra Unit from Summit Racing
- Upper and Lower Radiator hoses replaced
- EVAP assembly replaced with used/better condition evap assembly
- OEM exhaust manifold wrapped due to heat shield rusting off
- New Windshield in February
- New Tie-Rods in October of 2014
- New Cylinder #3 Fuel Injector
- New EGR Gasket
- New Intake Manifold Upper/Lower Fel-Pro Gaskets
- New Duralast Battery
- Cleaned up wiring and fuse issues
Updated April 2015
- Full exhaust replaced: Walker Direct-Fit Cat + Dynomax Ultra Flo System
- Bosch Rear Oxygen Sensor Replaced
My exhaust was such a piece of **** that the second owner put on, it lasted only TWO Ohio Winters.
It broke clean off today so I decided to replace it with this.
A Dynomax Ultra Flo Exhaust System
Universal 2.5 inlet/outlet Catco Cat & New Bosch Oxygen Sensor
Immediate Near Future Plans:
Today I came across a nail in my rear tire...I'm gonna patch it and try to get through this next payday, but I'm pulling the trigger on some 33's within the next 3 weeks after.
^ The nail itself is huge, but it is holding air so we'll see how well the temporary plug holds up until the BFG's...which brings me to sharing a little deal with the R-F gang.
I'm ordering my tires from Onlinetires.com just because of how good the deal is...$687 bucks for 33x12.5x15 BFG A/T's SHIPPED! That's cheaper than any place I can find before price matching.
I also am getting my rear axle fixed soon, but I'm trying to call around some local junkyards for the hard-to-find 31 spline axle shaft since my rear end is a 2003 8.8 FX4 LV2 rear and my axle flange is bent roughly 5 degrees, give or take.
Little things that I'll get in the next month:
Passenger Side bumper bracket
New clear corners (current ones are cracked)
Stay tuned and rep the ghost.