Excellent Night! Bought a rolled 05 fx4 L2 and did some wheeling. - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 04-30-2009
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
This is gonna sound bad, but I want that rear end.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-01-2009
effexfour's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 866
The rear end is going to be put on mine eventually, possibly after a disc brake conversion. Also thinking about swapping my rancho's rsx's for the bilstiens to see if i like them any better. What else does the level 2 have over the fx4 offroad? as far as i can tell they are the only mechanical differences.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-01-2009
TrePaul86's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 1,369
check the skid plates, tank and t-case, lvl 2 front hooks, all black interior, longer breather hoses (according to shane, he would rather have lvl 2 hoses over making new longer ones lol), rear axle (spline and carrier differences), shocks.

Speaking of, I have used bilstein 5125's for sale. Much better upgrade from your rancho's man! lol
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-01-2009
effexfour's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
check the skid plates, tank and t-case, lvl 2 front hooks, all black interior, longer breather hoses (according to shane, he would rather have lvl 2 hoses over making new longer ones lol), rear axle (spline and carrier differences), shocks.

Speaking of, I have used bilstein 5125's for sale. Much better upgrade from your rancho's man! lol
The front tow hooks are already gone :( did not notice if all the skid plates were still there, like i said a good few things have been taken out of the truck already which is why i got it so cheap. I was just pumped to find a level 2 with 35000 km and a good engine, rear end and bucket seats with enough good parts to sell and pay off what i put into it. I was originally just trying to get the bucket seats before i saw it, because it was just advertised as a rolled 05 w/bucket seats for $2000. But he said he would give me a good deal on the whole thing and figured the engine would be worth buying the whole thing anyways. and when i saw it was a level 2 with an intact rear i was sold.

few more pics of it.
Name:  DSCN2199.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  103.6 KB
Name:  DSCN2197.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  111.8 KB
Name:  DSCN2196.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  158.9 KB
Name:  DSCN2194-1.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  102.6 KB
Name:  DSCN2186.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  72.6 KB
Name:  DSCN2187.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  93.7 KB
Name:  DSCN2198-1.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  131.6 KB
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-01-2009
effexfour's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
check the skid plates, tank and t-case, lvl 2 front hooks, all black interior, longer breather hoses (according to shane, he would rather have lvl 2 hoses over making new longer ones lol), rear axle (spline and carrier differences), shocks.

Speaking of, I have used bilstein 5125's for sale. Much better upgrade from your rancho's man! lol
Also whats up with the breather hoses? what is the benefit of longer ones?

and for the shocks i am not putting any more money into them. Regret buying the ranchos kind of as well, mine were shot and a local shop had these in stock and would have had to order anything else to fit so i tried them. Not too happy with them tho. But I am planning on doing a lift next year so can suck it up with either the ranchos or the bilstiens untill then.
But thanks all the same.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-01-2009
Andrew_2006's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Windsor Ontario
Posts: 352
Any chance you'd sell the door handle pieces with switches in them? Be for my 98 if they'd work. Also saw console in one of your pics your using that?

Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-01-2009
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
You need to toss those #1 bars my way. Im serious. PM me if you want to get rid of em.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-01-2009
TrePaul86's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 1,369
Maybe it's canadian emissions standards, but that exhaust looks way different. Can you snap a pic of the exhaust from underneath at the top collectors? I think if it's not too much I'd like to buy that y-pipe from you... Oh and what the collector looks like with the 3 bolts/nuts looks like that's kind of triangular.

Also, are you sure you don't want to part with that lid for the console?! You're gonna have to do some modding to your seats in order for these to bolt in. Stanard and extended cabs' seats are different frames on the seats. So if you end up swapping tracks, make sure you let someone else who gets your old seats know that they need to go get tracks from a ext cab ranger to make them work with their truck if they too have an ext cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by effexfour View Post
Also whats up with the breather hoses? what is the benefit of longer ones?

and for the shocks i am not putting any more money into them. Regret buying the ranchos kind of as well, mine were shot and a local shop had these in stock and would have had to order anything else to fit so i tried them. Not too happy with them tho. But I am planning on doing a lift next year so can suck it up with either the ranchos or the bilstiens untill then.
But thanks all the same.
Well my bilsteins came with my RCD kit, So they're made to be matched up with a 4-6in lift kit, I believe. They're the good ones though and I've tested them, they still work exactly like my brand new ones sittin in my garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_2006 View Post
Any chance you'd sell the door handle pieces with switches in them? Be for my 98 if they'd work. Also saw console in one of your pics your using that?

Andrew
Sorry man! I called dibs on that thing first! lol
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-01-2009
effexfour's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_2006 View Post
Any chance you'd sell the door handle pieces with switches in them? Be for my 98 if they'd work. Also saw console in one of your pics your using that?

Andrew
The door handle sections of the door panel can be sold, i dont need those as i dont have power window, locks or windows. But i am going to be using the console.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-01-2009
effexfour's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboy101 View Post
You need to toss those #1 bars my way. Im serious. PM me if you want to get rid of em.
#1 bars as in traction bars?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-01-2009
TrePaul86's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by effexfour View Post
#1 bars as in traction bars?

No the torsion bars are #1 as well as a "C" rear leaf pack. Stiffer torsion bars, less sagging and the "C" leafs are also stiffer.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-01-2009
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
T-bars shouldnt cost too much to ship right?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-01-2009
effexfour's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
No the torsion bars are #1 as well as a "C" rear leaf pack. Stiffer torsion bars, less sagging and the "C" leafs are also stiffer.
ya, i meant torsion bars.
I dont think i will be selling them. Going to keep them for my truck.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-01-2009
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
You already have #1 bars. They'll never sag. =)
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-01-2009
effexfour's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 866
Sorry, thought they were a level2 thing, Still trying to sort out all the differences before i commit to selling anything. I need to keep the truck driveable for another week or two but will let you know when i am able to pull them off.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-01-2009
ShadowRanger08's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,694
want to send the torsion keys/rear blocks my way?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-01-2009
effexfour's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsdead View Post
want to send the torsion keys/rear blocks my way?
that shouldn't be a problem. I will let you know when the suspension is getting stripped down!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-01-2009
effexfour's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
Maybe it's canadian emissions standards, but that exhaust looks way different. Can you snap a pic of the exhaust from underneath at the top collectors? I think if it's not too much I'd like to buy that y-pipe from you... Oh and what the collector looks like with the 3 bolts/nuts looks like that's kind of triangular.

Also, are you sure you don't want to part with that lid for the console?! You're gonna have to do some modding to your seats in order for these to bolt in. Stanard and extended cabs' seats are different frames on the seats. So if you end up swapping tracks, make sure you let someone else who gets your old seats know that they need to go get tracks from a ext cab ranger to make them work with their truck if they too have an ext cab.



Well my bilsteins came with my RCD kit, So they're made to be matched up with a 4-6in lift kit, I believe. They're the good ones though and I've tested them, they still work exactly like my brand new ones sittin in my garage.



Sorry man! I called dibs on that thing first! lol
If i do sell the console u will be the first to know, As for the seats those buckets are going in one way or another, and my old 60/40 is being given to my buddy who owns the land where i am storing the truck for his 95 reg cab so the tracks wont be a problem. I am going out sunday to take the truck from the shop where it is and tow it to my buddy's place so i will get some better pictures of the exhaust. But i think i am keeping my y-pipe to do a cat delete, so I will have a set with cats and without if i need to do an emissions test. Not sure on that one yet, but if i decide not to i will be selling them and i will give them to you for a good deal because i am sure shipping wont be cheap.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-01-2009
ShadowRanger08's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by effexfour View Post
that shouldn't be a problem. I will let you know when the suspension is getting stripped down!
wahoo awesome! keep me posted, and let me know how much you want for them and shipping! thanks man!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-01-2009
effexfour's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 866
Seatbelts! forgot seatbelt tensioners were blown in the crash, need to get seatblet clasps for the bucket seats before i can put them in. One looks like it may be bent, but its the passenger side, just noticed it in the pic's then, the roof my a have come down into it, but if so i may be able to get away with using my existing passenger seat and put the new cover on it. I will probably take the covers off anyways to clean them and put in seat heaters. I think the passenger seats are basically the same, just the driver seat that's different with the extension and arm rest.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 05-01-2009
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by effexfour View Post
Sorry, thought they were a level2 thing, Still trying to sort out all the differences before i commit to selling anything. I need to keep the truck driveable for another week or two but will let you know when i am able to pull them off.
Im 97% sure you have #1 bars but if you want to check and make sure you can check the sticker on the inside of your door.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 05-01-2009
Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 822
Sent you a PM...
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 05-01-2009
Jazz921's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 997
I would trade you seats if you were closer. I have 06 buckets with gray and those with blue would match my truck!!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 05-01-2009
effexfour's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 866
I would do that too, the black would match mine better considering i have absolutely no blue on my truck. Was thinking about dying the covers black. Or getting black covers.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 05-02-2009
effexfour's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 866
I am going out to move the truck tomorrow and take a few odds and ends off that people want. wont be getting into any suspension or mechanical stuff tomorrow tho. Just trims and moldings, interior, and take pics of any suspension, exhaust, drivetrain, etc. that will be coming off in the next few weeks. But like i said not everything is being sold, i bought the truck to take parts for myself and am selling what i dont want. As of now things i will be keeping are cluster, seats, console, rear end, transfer case, brakes, engine and transmission. (may be a few small things i missed)

So if there is anything you are interested in let me know, i will take it off or at least get detailed pictures of it and get back to you with a price.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So i rolled Willy, my 02 Fx4. abq02ranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 16 08-10-2011 06:54 PM
SALVAGE--2005 FX4 Rolled, Good Condition, Driveable $6k MN Masteratarms93 Ranger Based Vehicles 13 05-07-2010 09:31 PM
Tearing down rolled FX4 Level 2 effexfour General Ford Ranger Discussion 92 12-03-2009 09:15 PM
My Ranger and Me: Longest night and day and night I have had so far. Jimmeh Snapshots 23 10-22-2009 07:31 AM
Did some wheeling on some carnage. 4x4RangerOffroad Snapshots 11 05-07-2009 05:35 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.