Ford Fusion which grille do you like better? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

View Poll Results: which one?
Chrome 19 46.34%
Color matched 22 53.66%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-03-2011
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Icon5 Ford Fusion which grille do you like better?

So our fusion has the chrome grille, but I found a picture of one with the monochrome grille and I cant decide which I like more. Whats your thoughts?

My fusion:
Name:  DSC_0854.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  134.2 KB

Fusion with the monochrome grille:
Name:  Ford2010WT31.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  95.1 KB
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-03-2011
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
Chrome
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-03-2011
01RangerEdge's Avatar
Scrambles the DeathDealer
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MO
Posts: 7,598
That's a tough one. I like both

I say the monochrome because it's more subtle
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-03-2011
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
colour could make or break this mod. black w/a satin black grill could look good.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-03-2011
V8 Level II's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,831
I have a silver 10 Fusion with the chrome grille and like it fine but I wouldn't object to color matched. For the red car, I'd give a slight preference to the red grille.

And OBTW... Word is that some 10 Fusions may develop a problem with bubbling under the grille 'chrome' so I'm keeping a close eye on mine while it's still under warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-03-2011
RLong31's Avatar
The Ban Hammer
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monrovia, IN
Posts: 2,629
At first I liked the chrome... but the more I look at the color matched grille, the more I like it. I LOVE the fusions.... can't wait to have my ranger paid off so I can get one.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-03-2011
dixie_boysles's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLong31 View Post
At first I liked the chrome... but the more I look at the color matched grille, the more I like it. I LOVE the fusions.... can't wait to have my ranger paid off so I can get one.
If you ever own one, you will love them even more man. Im so glad Sara bought one. I think I almost like it as much as I do the Ranger...did I say that aloud...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-03-2011
dixie_boysles's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwenzing View Post
I have a silver 10 Fusion with the chrome grille and like it fine but I wouldn't object to color matched. For the red car, I'd give a slight preference to the red grille.

And OBTW... Word is that some 10 Fusions may develop a problem with bubbling under the grille 'chrome' so I'm keeping a close eye on mine while it's still under warranty.
thanks for the heads up man! ill keep an eye on saras
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-03-2011
winks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jackson, New Jersey
Posts: 4,872
They both look good, but I am leaning a bit more towards the color matched.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-03-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 103
Both look good ( at least in that color) but I think the scale tips slightly toward the chrome for me....
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-03-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Chorme, the Monochrome only looks god in Black.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-03-2011
djfllmn's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger View Post
Chorme, the Monochrome only looks god in Black.
x2
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-03-2011
btm757's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norfolk / Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,980
Color Matched FTW
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-03-2011
rolsmojave3's Avatar
Level III Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,852
I'm trying to find a colormatched car with a 6 speed. Talk about a task.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-03-2011
Kickenwing1989's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: manama, bahrain
Posts: 32
to me, the colormatched makes it look mean... in a good way
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-03-2011
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwenzing View Post
I have a silver 10 Fusion with the chrome grille and like it fine but I wouldn't object to color matched. For the red car, I'd give a slight preference to the red grille.

And OBTW... Word is that some 10 Fusions may develop a problem with bubbling under the grille 'chrome' so I'm keeping a close eye on mine while it's still under warranty.
Good to know thanks Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie_boysles View Post
If you ever own one, you will love them even more man. Im so glad Sara bought one. I think I almost like it as much as I do the Ranger...did I say that aloud...
Dont feel bad I feel the same way lol. I love the ranger for its truckness and its utility, but the car is sooooo comfortable and smooth. It almost equals out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger View Post
Chorme, the Monochrome only looks god in Black.
Kinda how I feel too. The black one's look evil with the monochrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolsmojave3 View Post
I'm trying to find a colormatched car with a 6 speed. Talk about a task.
Mine is a 6spd.....auto lol. Only way you can get a manual in the car is with the 2.5L engine and I believe they only offer the chrome with that engine.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-03-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: erie,pa
Posts: 99
Flat black, chrome looks like a big smile, red looks kinda bland. imo of course.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-03-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
How about putting a Black monochrome one in?
it could either look really tacky or really sweet.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-03-2011
rolsmojave3's Avatar
Level III Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic04Edge View Post


Mine is a 6spd.....auto lol. Only way you can get a manual in the car is with the 2.5L engine and I believe they only offer the chrome with that engine.
I've found a few 6spd manuals with colormatched and sport package or whatever it's called.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-03-2011
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolsmojave3 View Post
I've found a few 6spd manuals with colormatched and sport package or whatever it's called.
I dunno if I could deal with the 2.5 in a fusion though. I had that motor in the mazda3 and it was peppy, but with the added weight of the fusion I would think it would be a bit under powered. Hell I think the 3.0 its barely powerful enough lol, but then again I am use to mustangs.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-03-2011
dixie_boysles's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,778
on a side note, i wants your wheels
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-03-2011
Jason8n's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Roxboro, North Carolina
Posts: 708
Wirelessly posted (Droid2)

Monochrome, doesn't stand out as much
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-03-2011
dixie_boysles's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic04Edge View Post
I dunno if I could deal with the 2.5 in a fusion though. I had that motor in the mazda3 and it was peppy, but with the added weight of the fusion I would think it would be a bit under powered. Hell I think the 3.0 its barely powerful enough lol, but then again I am use to mustangs.
its funny, i think this 3.0 is very powerful
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-03-2011
rolsmojave3's Avatar
Level III Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,852
I didn't think the 2.5 was that bad, a tad more pep then most other 4 cyls I drove. For a commuter it would be fine, of course I think the 4.0 rangers don't have enough pep for a commuter. What a mixed up world I make for myself.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-03-2011
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie_boysles View Post
its funny, i think this 3.0 is very powerful
It's powerful, but I dont really consider it fast lol. My gt I had would of killed it and I maybe had 40hp more in it. Fusion just has a good bit of weight to it. Is the fusion the fastest car you've driven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolsmojave3 View Post
I didn't think the 2.5 was that bad, a tad more pep then most other 4 cyls I drove. For a commuter it would be fine, of course I think the 4.0 rangers don't have enough pep for a commuter. What a mixed up world I make for myself.
Dont get me wrong I am not knocking the 2.5 for a commuter it would be fine. I loved that motor in my mazda3. I think the 4.0 is decent for a DD, but in a lifted ranger with bigger tires it would be nice if it had more like 250hp in it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
05 mirrors or 06 mirrors, which ones you like better? FMD General Ford Ranger Discussion 16 03-31-2011 01:02 PM
1st gen fusion vs 2nd gen fusion Sonic04Edge Snapshots 22 08-21-2010 12:10 PM
Which wheel do you like better? smallello Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 32 01-02-2009 11:39 AM
Which front bar do you like better? rangererv Exterior Semi-Tech 52 08-25-2005 10:37 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.