6" Skyjacker leaf springs - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 06-24-2008
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
What I mean by 6" higher with no blocks is if your truck came with no blocks lol
If your truck came with no blocks (2wd Rangers only; excluding Edges which did have factory blocks) and you do NOT add 2" lift blocks, then the truck will ONLY be 4" higher in the rear with the Skyjacker FR36 6" leafs. The ABSOLUTE ONLY way to get 6" of lift out of the Skyjacker FR36 6" leafs is to have a 2" lift block.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-24-2008
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by engdept View Post
If your truck came with no blocks (2wd Rangers only; excluding Edges which did have factory blocks) and you do NOT add 2" lift blocks, then the truck will ONLY be 4" higher in the rear with the Skyjacker FR36 6" leafs. The ABSOLUTE ONLY way to get 6" of lift out of the Skyjacker FR36 6" leafs is to have a 2" lift block.
i don't think thats right though... if you have a 2 inch block and you put the springs in with the block you will be 6" taller that you were with the stock springs... if you remove the block you will only be 4" taller... see where im going with this... and if you never had a block and you get the 6" skyjacker springs you will have lifted your truck 6" in the rear
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-24-2008
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorblue92 View Post
i don't think thats right though... if you have a 2 inch block and you put the springs in with the block you will be 6" taller that you were with the stock springs... if you remove the block you will only be 4" taller... see where im going with this... and if you never had a block and you get the 6" skyjacker springs you will have lifted your truck 6" in the rear
Skyjacker makes the 6" lift claim WITH a block, no matter if you had one before or not. If you have never had a block, you will ONLY get 4" of lift.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-24-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by engdept View Post
Skyjacker makes the 6" lift claim WITH a block, no matter if you had one before or not. If you have never had a block, you will ONLY get 4" of lift.
I call BS, this doesnt compute at all unless skyjacker admittedly makes this sh*t stupidly comlicated for no reason. ive heard of lift companies rounding the actual lift amount but 2 inches difference than a claim? if a SPRING claims 6 inches then the difference from a stock SPRING will be ~6 inches. now if they say rear 6 inch lift SYSTEM, thats different, as there is another modifier...

now there could be a lot to be said if there are different spring sets for difference model editions, IE edge, XLT, FX4...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-24-2008
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I call BS, this doesnt compute at all unless skyjacker admittedly makes this sh*t stupidly comlicated for no reason. ive heard of lift companies rounding the actual lift amount but 2 inches difference than a claim? if a SPRING claims 6 inches then the difference from a stock SPRING will be ~6 inches. now if they say rear 6 inch lift SYSTEM, thats different, as there is another modifier...

now there could be a lot to be said if there are different spring sets for difference model editions, IE edge, XLT, FX4...
read the quote and look at the link I posted above; then shove that BS up your hind end.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-24-2008
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by engdept View Post
read the quote and look at the link I posted above; then shove that BS up your hind end.


Maurice stop using your friend's user name


and for the record let me say that my truck is 4 inches taller than it was when it was stock... i am using the 6" lift springs and no blocks... if i was still using my stock blocks then i would be 6" taller than stock... explain if you would how 6" = 4"
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-24-2008
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorblue92 View Post
Maurice stop using your friend's user name


and for the record let me say that my truck is 4 inches taller than it was when it was stock... i am using the 6" lift springs and no blocks... if i was still using my stock blocks then i would be 6" taller than stock... explain if you would how 6" = 4"
First off, Maurice has never used my screen name.

Secondly, you do have 4" of lift on the rear if you dont have the stock blocks. Read Skyjackers site again.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-24-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PUEBLO, CO
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by engdept View Post
read the quote and look at the link I posted above; then shove that BS up your hind end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by engdept View Post
First off, Maurice has never used my screen name.

Secondly, you do have 4" of lift on the rear if you dont have the stock blocks. Read Skyjackers site again.
the time frame you "joined" and your replies are all so predictable its pathetic.

anyways, no, retard, you link disproves you. the link says SIX INCH LIFT SPRINGS it says if you WANT to lower it 2-3 inches TAKE OUT THE BLOCKS. not that the springs are 4 inch lift springs. the SPRINGS net six inches of lift compared to the stock SPRINGS

it NEVER states the springs give 4 inches of lift.

maybe its all that pillow talk thats got you "acting" like maurice.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-24-2008
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by engdept View Post
First off, Maurice has never used my screen name.

Secondly, you do have 4" of lift on the rear if you dont have the stock blocks. Read Skyjackers site again.

umm duh... thats why they are 6" lift springs if you only change the springs out and leave everything else stock

EDIT: Gil beat me to it
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-29-2008
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
Anyway... I just picked up a set of these 6" leafsprings so I can get rid of the crappy lift blocks.

Cant wait to get them in!

Btw, will my truck be 4" or 6" higher in the rear with the 6" springs? j/k
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-29-2008
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
Anyway... I just picked up a set of these 6" leafsprings so I can get rid of the crappy lift blocks.

Cant wait to get them in!

Btw, will my truck be 4" or 6" higher in the rear with the 6" springs? j/k

Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: SoCal: Skyjacker Leaf Springs DviousDave Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 2 06-29-2014 10:15 PM
Explorer leaf springs vs. Sport Trac leaf springs PUNKROCKPILOT Suspension Tech 53 03-14-2014 11:17 AM
Opinions on Skyjacker leaf springs jdugan4859 Suspension Tech 11 11-25-2009 11:47 PM
SkyJacker Leaf Springs Not Bolting Up? outdoorsman Suspension Tech 10 10-17-2009 12:18 PM
Superlift with 4" or 6" Skyjacker Leaf Springs?? KLC Suspension Tech 7 06-26-2009 08:27 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:54 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.