88 lift for a 97 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-19-2009
1997ranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: clinton,mississippi
Posts: 136
88 lift for a 97

i ran across a lift for like an 88 i think will this work on my 97 it is beam suspension. only down side is i will have to find some thing different for the rear they have like 6 inch blocks on the rear. what could i do about that besides buying lift springs
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-19-2009
WowMike2001's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stevenson, WA
Posts: 2,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997ranger View Post
i ran across a lift for like an 88 i think will this work on my 97 it is beam suspension. only down side is i will have to find some thing different for the rear they have like 6 inch blocks on the rear. what could i do about that besides buying lift springs
Only other way then getting blocks, or leafs.. woudl be to change your hanger setup - but thats only a temp bandaid.. a small block with a pack of leafs is the best bet for the cheap side


The other side woudl be to fab up some steel work and get your suspension dropped like that - but thats a whole nother way of going around it, lol
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-19-2009
1997ranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: clinton,mississippi
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by WowMike2001 View Post
Only other way then getting blocks, or leafs.. woudl be to change your hanger setup - but thats only a temp bandaid.. a small block with a pack of leafs is the best bet for the cheap side


The other side woudl be to fab up some steel work and get your suspension dropped like that - but thats a whole nother way of going around it, lol
yea but all the drop bracket stuff will work though right?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-20-2009
WowMike2001's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stevenson, WA
Posts: 2,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997ranger View Post
yea but all the drop bracket stuff will work though right?
For the rear - yeah.. it should, honestly - I think you could probably buy a belltech shackle and it woudl probably bolt right up (Havent measured yet.. i've got an old '88 ranger out back I coudl check on) But.. at least its an older rig, they are so easy to lift compared to newer ones :-S
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
where to get my lift lift from catfish Suspension Tech 3 05-09-2006 07:23 PM
body lift vs suspension lift Sparki 1" & 3" Body Lifts 35 08-08-2005 09:59 PM
Too Body Lift... Or Not Too Body Lift... Mason 1" & 3" Body Lifts 51 06-30-2005 10:09 AM
pro comp lift/fabtech lift.....help TippnOver Suspension Tech 8 01-18-2005 09:53 PM
Body Lift or Suspension Lift? yellerEDGEchick Suspension Tech 23 07-06-2004 02:42 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:49 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.