camber bushings - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-30-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
camber bushings

to correct my ****ed up wheel alignment im going to get some bushings.
i need a pickle fork for the ball joints, but what else do i need to install the bushings?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-30-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
ive got the camber bushings in hand, anyone know how to put them in closest to zero? ive got the entire thing torn apart
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-30-2009
Mark98xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parma Ohio
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smakes View Post
ive got the camber bushings in hand, anyone know how to put them in closest to zero? ive got the entire thing torn apart
an alignment
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-30-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
thanks for the information smartass why dont you actually give me a real answer besides the obvious alignment. im trying to get it as neutral as i can before i have to get it alligned so i can drive it it the 30 miles back to my house and not be stuck in sanbernadino tonight
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-30-2009
Kikaida 01
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Toe and camber/caster tend to be problematic with the TTB front. Check the toe first; wheels should be slightly toe'd in with camber and caster between the specs established below:

Ford Ranger/Bronco II Alignment

Hopefully the above helps eventhough you have a 2wd.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-30-2009
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smakes View Post
thanks for the information smartass why dont you actually give me a real answer besides the obvious alignment. im trying to get it as neutral as i can before i have to get it alligned so i can drive it it the 30 miles back to my house and not be stuck in sanbernadino tonight
LMAO!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-30-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaida 01 View Post
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Toe and camber/caster tend to be problematic with the TTB front. Check the toe first; wheels should be slightly toe'd in with camber and caster between the specs established below:

Ford Ranger/Bronco II Alignment

Hopefully the above helps eventhough you have a 2wd.
thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-31-2009
Mark98xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parma Ohio
Posts: 13
did you not research this before you just bought them and threw them in?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stock Camber Bushings philetus Suspension Tech 0 04-10-2015 09:26 PM
Turning non-adjustable camber into adjustable camber dogfish246 General Ford Ranger Discussion 0 06-10-2014 02:57 PM
camber bushings in 1993 ranger j1980jr Suspension Tech 0 04-24-2011 04:03 PM
adjustable camber bushings 1997ranger Suspension Tech 1 05-23-2009 06:44 AM
TTB Camber Bushings Old Black Cat Suspension Tech 10 02-02-2008 10:06 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.