LIfted 2005 fx4 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-11-2011
cky022's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 39
LIfted 2005 fx4

I just got done doing my super lift, coil-over lift on my 2005 fx4 ranger. what you guys think?

Name:  1295650614608.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  13.2 KB
rear lifted
Name:  1295650614297.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  14.1 KB

Name:  1295650614031.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  13.0 KB

Name:  1295650613860.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  12.8 KB

Name:  1295650613628.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  12.5 KB

Name:  1295650613470.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  17.5 KB

Name:  1295650613246.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  17.9 KB

Name:  1295650613062.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  17.4 KB

Name:  1295650612886.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  18.0 KB

Name:  1295650612703.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  15.7 KB

Name:  1295650611669.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  11.1 KB

DONE
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2011
Beef08's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rosevile, ca
Posts: 164
mmm sexy..what wheels are those? and hows the ride now?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2011
Jager_bombs's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: pennsaulken,nj
Posts: 8
nice x2 on the rims
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2011
FULLSCALE's Avatar
Level III Supporter

iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Clinton, Ontario
Posts: 8,181
Looks good!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2011
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
Looks great!

Did you get limiting straps and are you using the junk superlift sway bar links?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2011
RLong31's Avatar
The Ban Hammer
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monrovia, IN
Posts: 2,629
What parts did you use for the coil-over conversion? Find an old RCD kit?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-11-2011
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLong31 View Post
What parts did you use for the coil-over conversion? Find an old RCD kit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cky022 View Post
I just got done doing my super lift, coil-over lift on my 2005 fx4 ranger. what you guys think?
I believe he bought a super-lift, but instead of using the SL shocks he bought coil overs.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-2011
RLong31's Avatar
The Ban Hammer
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monrovia, IN
Posts: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
I believe he bought a super-lift, but instead of using the SL shocks he bought coil overs.
Well yea, but there isn't really a kit made for 4x4 rangers being produced any more... either he found an old one or fabbed up his own. At least that's my understanding. That's why there are so many threads about getting coil-over brackets made and what-not.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-2011
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
No, RCD is out of business. They no longer make lift kits period. Superlift is still in business but reorganizing, bankrupt, or something. There kits are still on the market, they may or may not still be being made. You can get them from off road warehouse and other places still.

Coil-overs are not included in Superlifts, superlifts keep the torsion bar suspension. Many members choose to separately buy coil-overs and do the coil-over conversion while they do the superlift. They would have to fab the brackets up themselves or pay someone to custom make them. Off road warehouse used to sell coil-over brackets but no longer do. Some members have schematics to make them though.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-12-2011
RLong31's Avatar
The Ban Hammer
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monrovia, IN
Posts: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
No, RCD is out of business. They no longer make lift kits period. Superlift is still in business but reorganizing, bankrupt, or something. There kits are still on the market, they may or may not still be being made. You can get them from off road warehouse and other places still.

Coil-overs are not included in Superlifts, superlifts keep the torsion bar suspension. Many members choose to separately buy coil-overs and do the coil-over conversion while they do the superlift. They would have to fab the brackets up themselves or pay someone to custom make them. Off road warehouse used to sell coil-over brackets but no longer do. Some members have schematics to make them though.
I know dude. I know all of this. People do sell RCD kits, I just found one out in here in CA the other day, still waiting on a reply from that guy. You have to find someone who has one used, and buy it off of them. That's what I was asking. Where he got it. Or if it was a custom type deal.

And to correct you, RCD does still make lift kits. Just not 4wd coilover conversion kits for rangers.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-12-2011
03edge's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 1,031
Truck looks great man, hows she ride with the coilovers?????
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-12-2011
DangerRanger91's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 315
Looks good man! The rims are xd rockstars.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-13-2011
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLong31 View Post
I know dude. I know all of this. People do sell RCD kits, I just found one out in here in CA the other day, still waiting on a reply from that guy. You have to find someone who has one used, and buy it off of them. That's what I was asking. Where he got it. Or if it was a custom type deal.

And to correct you, RCD does still make lift kits. Just not 4wd coilover conversion kits for rangers.
I'm not talking about RCD. He says he bought a Superlift, from the company Superlift. Not RCD. They are different companies. RCD no longer makes Ranger lifts. No company makes coil-over conversion kits for Rangers. Superlift (the company) may or may not still be making their Ranger lift, there is rumors that they went bankrupt. Ranger Superlifts (from the company Superlift) are still available because placea still have them in stock.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-13-2011
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
I'm not talking about RCD. He says he bought a Superlift, from the company Superlift. Not RCD. They are different companies. RCD no longer makes Ranger lifts. No company makes coil-over conversion kits for Rangers. Superlift (the company) may or may not still be making their Ranger lift, there is rumors that they went bankrupt. Ranger Superlifts (from the company Superlift) are still available because placea still have them in stock.
yeah an he asked about the coilovers not the lift kit. maybe you should have let the guy answer his own question instead of starting an argument about your opinion of what you think he might have done.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-13-2011
vista4.0's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beaver Falls, PA
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
I'm not talking about RCD. He says he bought a Superlift, from the company Superlift. Not RCD. They are different companies. RCD no longer makes Ranger lifts. No company makes coil-over conversion kits for Rangers. Superlift (the company) may or may not still be making their Ranger lift, there is rumors that they went bankrupt. Ranger Superlifts (from the company Superlift) are still available because placea still have them in stock.
RCD makes a ranger lift. Just not for 4wd anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-13-2011
Z7What's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 306
Are those Rockstars? What size? Can you please post better and little closer pics? Im wanting to put Rockstars on my truck and i'd love to see how yours looks.

Waybe
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-13-2011
RLong31's Avatar
The Ban Hammer
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monrovia, IN
Posts: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDirigible View Post
yeah an he asked about the coilovers not the lift kit. maybe you should have let the guy answer his own question instead of starting an argument about your opinion of what you think he might have done.
Thank you.

I was simply asking the OP how he did the coilover conversion. Superlift lift kits for 4wd rangers maintain the torsion bar suspension. You buy the superlift, then you buy parts for a coilover conversion. It's not as simple as just not using the superlift shocks and replacing them with coilover springs/shocks. You need custom brackets. He could have used RCD brackets from a used kit he might have found or he could have made his own. That was what i was trying to get answered.

And also, if you call 4wheelparts or ORW they will tell you that superlift is not out of business. That was just a rumor from what i understand.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-13-2011
DangerRanger91's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
Are those Rockstars? What size? Can you please post better and little closer pics? Im wanting to put Rockstars on my truck and i'd love to see how yours looks.

Waybe
I asked him the same question a long time ago... and he said they are 18x9 rockstars.

I would also like a closer pic of the rims too!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-14-2011
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLong31 View Post
Thank you.

I was simply asking the OP how he did the coilover conversion. Superlift lift kits for 4wd rangers maintain the torsion bar suspension. You buy the superlift, then you buy parts for a coilover conversion. It's not as simple as just not using the superlift shocks and replacing them with coilover springs/shocks. You need custom brackets. He could have used RCD brackets from a used kit he might have found or he could have made his own. That was what i was trying to get answered.

And also, if you call 4wheelparts or ORW they will tell you that superlift is not out of business. That was just a rumor from what i understand.
Gotcha, makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDirigible View Post
yeah an he asked about the coilovers not the lift kit. maybe you should have let the guy answer his own question instead of starting an argument about your opinion of what you think he might have done.
Op has yet to answer anyones questions.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-14-2011
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
Op has yet to answer anyones questions.
And neither have you, in more posts. Obviously you misunderstood the question and now you realize this, but I'd expect you to read posts more carefully.

Superlift was never really out of business, I heard they filed for bankruptcy some time back, which isn't themsame thing, I believe they restructured. They wouldn't still be selling kits if they were out of business.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-14-2011
evilclown312's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Logan ohio
Posts: 2,772
Maybe mommy can buy you reading skills :))
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-14-2011
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDirigible View Post
And neither have you, in more posts. Obviously you misunderstood the question and now you realize this, but I'd expect you to read posts more carefully.

Superlift was never really out of business, I heard they filed for bankruptcy some time back, which isn't them same thing, I believe they restructured. They wouldn't still be selling kits if they were out of business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
No, RCD is out of business. They no longer make lift kits period. Superlift is still in business but reorganizing, bankrupt, or something. There kits are still on the market, they may or may not still be being made. You can get them from off road warehouse and other places still.

Coil-overs are not included in Superlifts, superlifts keep the torsion bar suspension. Many members choose to separately buy coil-overs and do the coil-over conversion while they do the superlift. They would have to fab the brackets up themselves or pay someone to custom make them. Off road warehouse used to sell coil-over brackets but no longer do. Some members have schematics to make them though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
I'm not talking about RCD. He says he bought a Superlift, from the company Superlift. Not RCD. They are different companies. RCD no longer makes Ranger lifts. No company makes coil-over conversion kits for Rangers. Superlift (the company) may or may not still be making their Ranger lift, there is rumors that they went bankrupt. Ranger Superlifts (from the company Superlift) are still available because places still have them in stock.
And I partially understood the question, I did talk about the coil-overs but I thought he was asking about the lift kit which he was not.



We are selective readers so don't act like I'm the only who who ever does it
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-14-2011
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,666
not sure what all those quotes are for, i was agreeing with you about superlift, also not sure where i said you were the only person ever to misunderstand something.

my point is that its ok to have a misunderstanding... but when you see one arises, which you should have after several of those exchanges, i'd think you'd check over to make sure you're answering the question you think you are. dont get all upset
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-14-2011
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
I was just pointing out that I understood about Superlifts situation, as I had stated in the quotes. I did eventually go back and reread what he was asking but that was later after I had already put up all that other stuff.

The selective reading thing was directed at Josh, not you.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-14-2011
RLong31's Avatar
The Ban Hammer
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monrovia, IN
Posts: 2,629
Can't we all just get along? Haha. The OP should answer our questions... right meow!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005 Rangers lights on 2005 Mazda B3000 Fordsarebadass4 General Ford Ranger Discussion 7 02-25-2013 02:11 PM
2005 3.0 5R55E to 2005 4.0 5r55e Ftirish86 Drivetrain Tech 2 10-18-2011 11:44 PM
The difference between a 2005 4.0L Mustang engine and a 2005 4.0L Ranger engine. BlackRanger04 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 15 11-21-2010 05:56 AM
Check out this 2005 fx4 rangeredge_03 General Ford Ranger Discussion 7 02-27-2008 10:12 AM
2005 FX4 Level 2 suspension question OneThreeEight Suspension Tech 24 11-09-2005 04:06 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.