My GT racing, and losing...: ( - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Vehicle & Meet Videos Share videos of vehicles and/or meet and greets in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 11-14-2009
gumby's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: indy
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bamaGT View Post
...
I didn't want this to turn into a you are the devil because you 'street race' thread,
...
I don't want to turn this into a finger pointing thread or whatever,
...
we all break the laws of the road...some just take video and put their idiocy online for everyone to see.
...
fixed.
you obviously know what you did was illegal. if you dont want people chastising you for such, you shouldnt post it online.

Last edited by gumby; 11-14-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-14-2009
David N's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Williamston, NC
Posts: 1,060
Wow. I dont think R/F condones street racing. Sorry, but if they were at the track, there would be nothing wrong with it. But expect this to be closed very shortly.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-14-2009
03bamaGT's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B'ham, AL
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
fixed.
you obviously know what you did was illegal. if you dont want people chastising you for such, you shouldnt post it online.
I could care less really. Chastise away, I just think it's funny that some people on here think this is the most horrible thing ever, yet they go out and talk on their cell phone, text, drive after having a few drinks, speed themselves, etc. There are threads on here all the time about people who are mad cause they got a speeding ticket, or ran a stop sign, or whatever. I just posted it for the people who might want to see it, you don't like it...that's cool. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions or comments, I'll be happy to answer them.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-14-2009
03bamaGT's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B'ham, AL
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by David N View Post
Wow. I dont think R/F condones street racing. Sorry, but if they were at the track, there would be nothing wrong with it. But expect this to be closed very shortly.
I don't think I have broken any forum rules...have I?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-14-2009
David N's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Williamston, NC
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bamaGT View Post
I don't think I have broken any forum rules...have I?
No not really. But I dont believe that posting up videos of street racing is a good idea.... but we'll see. Plus, my ranger is faster than your mustang
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-14-2009
03bamaGT's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B'ham, AL
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by David N View Post
No not really. But I dont believe that posting up videos of street racing is a good idea.... but we'll see. Plus, my ranger is faster than your mustang
I didn't think I had broken any rules. I don't see why it should be locked, but it is what it is.

And your going to need more then 10.07 @ 67 in the 1/8 sir. Well right now prolly so, I'm having trans issues so you got a chance ; ).
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-14-2009
David N's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Williamston, NC
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bamaGT View Post
I didn't think I had broken any rules. I don't see why it should be locked, but it is what it is.

And your going to need more then 10.07 @ 67 in the 1/8 sir. Well right now prolly so, I'm having trans issues so you got a chance ; ).
As far as the thread, carry on for now.

LOL. Its a tad slower now... My 33s dropped it to a 10.13. And traction is becoming an issue. I am lighting up 3 of these Toyos.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-14-2009
03bamaGT's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B'ham, AL
Posts: 1,752
Haha. I'm in the 8s, high 8s because I don't want to mess up my car. With DRs and not all motor I could bring that down quite a bit. Your 60fts are prolly pretty good though.

That black SS in the second vid is in the 6s all motor.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-14-2009
RangerNVS's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Temple, TX
Posts: 1,341
I think that you can split hair's all day long about it, but comparing street racing to your blinker is like apples and oranges. Yes it's breaking the law. Hands down I agree with that. But I bet there is a percentage somewhere out there showing how many people die from not using their turn signal. And I bet the # of deaths for street racing vs turn signals is alot higher. I certainly don't condone it. There are track's for that. SAFE places that were built JUST for that. So why put OTHER INNOCENT people at risk ...because you were just playing around? Yeah it could be a empty road.....this day and age I've seen more people out walking around on empty roads, than in a residential street. Not to mention someone could get loose, and hit you...and mess your beautiful stang up? All I can say dude, is just please be safe....protect yourself and be careful.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-14-2009
03bamaGT's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B'ham, AL
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerNVS View Post
I think that you can split hair's all day long about it, but comparing street racing to your blinker is like apples and oranges. Yes it's breaking the law. Hands down I agree with that. But I bet there is a percentage somewhere out there showing how many people die from not using their turn signal. And I bet the # of deaths for street racing vs turn signals is alot higher. I certainly don't condone it. There are track's for that. SAFE places that were built JUST for that. So why put OTHER INNOCENT people at risk ...because you were just playing around? Yeah it could be a empty road.....this day and age I've seen more people out walking around on empty roads, than in a residential street. Not to mention someone could get loose, and hit you...and mess your beautiful stang up? All I can say dude, is just please be safe....protect yourself and be careful.
There are percentages out there, and if you look you will find that 'street racing' accounts for a very low percentage of wrecks. Highway merging, cell phones, driving under the influence all have much higher percentages. But all these are just numbers. I don't go to the street races and I think they are dangerous. Racing just has this stereotype that goes with it, I must traffic weave and pass on the shoulder and cause those most crashes ever. It's not the case. This isn't an every day thing with us, might have messed around 3 or 4 times all year. We mainly just meet at the local Whataburger and chill. But, thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-14-2009
RangerNVS's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Temple, TX
Posts: 1,341
Well just be careful man...we obviously can't tell you what to do, but I don't wanna get on RF and find a post about we lost a fellow RF member due to something that could have been avoidable....i.e not using your blinker...LOL
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-14-2009
03bamaGT's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B'ham, AL
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerNVS View Post
Well just be careful man...we obviously can't tell you what to do, but I don't wanna get on RF and find a post about we lost a fellow RF member due to something that could have been avoidable....i.e not using your blinker...LOL
LOL I hear ya man, no hard feelings.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-14-2009
Toms994x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sanford, NC
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
How bout this...whats the difference between street racing, highway speeding, putting on makeup, reading the newspaper, texting, getting a hummer, changing the station on the radio, or any of the other things we ALL do behind the wheel from time to time.

So, if you don't like what he does, don't read the thread. And, if you don't like what he does, and it really gets under your skin, PM him. But for petes sake, don't keep hijacking threads!

Rant over!
Thread hijack finished! :)
I thought it was a video from the track, not a street video...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-14-2009
GrafixGuy's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 8,703
the reason its probably not condoned here is because 98% of us drive Rangers, and 80% of them have the governor making it useless to do that.

I will say on average I do go above the speed limit 60-65 in a 55 on the highways. But if I get stopped I'll pay the ticket. So far I haven't got a ticket in my 5 years of driving. (KOW)

/end of discussion
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-14-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
You don't have to go over 90 to street race. You can easily drop back down to 45 and run up to 70 or 80 and not even exceed the speed limit. If you guys think what he is doing is dangerous I have some videos that would make you freak.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-14-2009
NsTyFoX's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Marlton,Nj
Posts: 166
roll racing from like 50mph is gay,but nice gt other wise
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-14-2009
Toms994x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sanford, NC
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge View Post
You don't have to go over 90 to street race. You can easily drop back down to 45 and run up to 70 or 80 and not even exceed the speed limit. If you guys think what he is doing is dangerous I have some videos that would make you freak.
Being a Moderator and all, I don't think you should be condoning this.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-14-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
What does that have to do with anything? Theres no rules on this site that say what members can do when their out on the street in their own vehicles. Should I go ban all those guys in the top speed threads that say they've gone over 100 in their Rangers which are even more dangerous to drive at high speeds than say a Mustang?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-14-2009
NsTyFoX's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Marlton,Nj
Posts: 166
^^^who gives a **** anyway the worlds gonna end in 2012

Last edited by Redneckstone; 11-28-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-14-2009
03bamaGT's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B'ham, AL
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by NsTyFoX View Post
roll racing from like 50mph is gay,but nice gt other wise
What would you rather do? I like 30 and digs.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-14-2009
03bamaGT's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B'ham, AL
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge View Post
What does that have to do with anything? Theres no rules on this site that say what members can do when their out on the street in their own vehicles. Should I go ban all those guys in the top speed threads that say they've gone over 100 in their Rangers which are even more dangerous to drive at high speeds than say a Mustang?
Yes Trent, drop the ban hammer...lol.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-14-2009
hozII's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: athens, Al
Posts: 2,245
LOL yeah ryan, im not bustin your ballz either for street racing!! Your a grown man and able to make your own decisions, though a lot here don't like it and i have done it myself but it is your decesion, but just use your head and be careful!! hate to hear a fellow member got hurt bad or killed from something like this!!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-14-2009
NsTyFoX's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Marlton,Nj
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bamaGT View Post
What would you rather do? I like 30 and digs.
ahh i like normal racing from a stop unless i cant build boost up off the line,but probably if i had to pick no higher than 30
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-14-2009
pace51's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: on da puter
Posts: 711
WOW there be a lot little people hiding behind their computer screens here.

I wonder how many of the people who are blasting you for this would pick up the cell and call 911 if they rolled up on a race....my bet the higher percentage lays with the ones who would stop and watch a race or two.

I used to go watch the races in Philly every weekend...I grew up and moved on with life. Don't mean if I seen one today I wouldn't watch it.

The tickets you can get are "racing on highway" or "promoting racing on highway" In jersey both are a 4pt ticket. The same as... failure to use turn signal, failure to stop, failure to obey highway traffic control device, etc...

It's not even the worst ticket you can get fine/point wise.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-14-2009
hozII's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: athens, Al
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by pace51 View Post
WOW there be a lot little people hiding behind their computer screens here.

I wonder how many of the people who are blasting you for this would pick up the cell and call 911 if they rolled up on a race....my bet the higher percentage lays with the ones who would stop and watch a race or two.

I used to go watch the races in Philly every weekend...I grew up and moved on with life. Don't mean if I seen one today I wouldn't watch it.

The tickets you can get are "racing on highway" or "promoting racing on highway" In jersey both are a 4pt ticket. The same as... failure to use turn signal, failure to stop, failure to obey highway traffic control device, etc...

It's not even the worst ticket you can get fine/point wise.
LOL!! not anymore i cant say i didnt used to do it myself back in my younger more not so smarter days...lol!! we used to drive an hr an a half south to birmingham,al. That came to a stop for me one night when cops from county and city came rollin in and helicopters..lol!! Then i woke up to what was happening to these people that were doin it. So then i just moved on to something else..nowadays i dont hang around that stuff or condone it and yes i do call 911 now. I just dont want to see anymore people gettin hurt over that stuff.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brake Light on and Losing Fluid? tpatten General Ford Ranger Discussion 5 02-07-2012 08:01 PM
American Racing should be Chinese Racing FMD Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 25 11-07-2009 09:01 PM
Losing coolant and fouling spark plug dallas_01gt 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 1 01-02-2009 02:01 PM
check engine light flashing and truck losing power..help? Sonic04Edge 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 5 08-17-2008 07:41 PM
Racing harness w/o racing seats? jtslmn720 New Ideas 15 07-17-2006 09:12 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:53 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.