Hey All, Below is a graph of my before and after measurements.
The truck only has 700 miles on it and I think it'll pick up some more power after everything seats better. My timing seems awfully low IMO... I'm not sure what it's supposed to be? (maxxing at 17.5 at 5000rpms)
Anyway, A few quick notes and another mod I believe is NEEDED to make this kit shine it's best.
1) Both pulls were made in very close density altitudes.. including ambient temps. (36F & 34F)
2) I'll be adding a outerwear prefilter very soon to extend it's cleaning intervals.
3) Engine room heat is an issue for this K&N kit!
The stock air box supplied air that was only 2-3 degrees higher than ambient at all times. Even when parked and idling.
The K&N kit does NOT do this! I had it fully warmed up and when driving 70mph it was 8-10 degrees above ambient. Park the truck and within one minute it was seeing 70 degree temps while it was still only 34F outside. This is hurting power.
During my graphed 2nd gear pulls the IAT measured temp started out at 52 and dipped to 41. As soon as I backed off at 5600rpms the temps start to climb again. Engine room heat is an issue for this kit to say the least. However it does'nt look to be any big deal to seal it off.. which I'll do here soon.
4) Noise. It's quieter than I thought it was going to be. I'm supprised at this.
5) The butt-o-meter tells me it's making a difference. Both in mid-range - top end power.. and also in tip-in while driving down the hwy. You can feel the difference, but it's not that noticable down low.
6) Peak power gains. 11hp at 5025rpms and TQ is best judged by the graph.
Note: The graph is not a perfect overlay. But it's pretty close to get a good feel for some real world "on the road" results.