Originally Posted by zabeard
1, who is going to host the vids?
2, who is going to maintain it
3, in reality how many people are really going to even look at it
4, has anyone ever noticed the sound quality really is not there on exhaust videos so what is the point
5, its going to sound much different in person so i dont see its usefulness
i think that pretty much covers it.
1. I may be able to host it, or maybe ranger-forums could host it.
2. I have no issue with maintaining it. wouldn't be that hard once it is all set up.
3. anyone who wants a rough idea of how x muffler would sound on their truck. maybe a few pointers for getting better sound clips. ie, not to close, not to far away. higher bitrates on the recording.
4. again, it would give you a rough idea.
5. is it really that different? again rough idea.
other things that could be included in the database, mileage of setup. avg price of said system/ muffler.
also it would be less bandwith if limited to audio only. have a few different clips for each, say in cab accel, in can cruise at 55-65, out side of truck idle, out side truck driveby/ pull away.