Having an issue with my reverse lights not coming on and can't seem to figure it out.
- 1999 4x4 XLT 5spd.
- Had new headlights installed last summer (I think this is when the issue started).
- Front Driver's Side blinker blinks at fast rate (indicative of electrical issue).
- Reverse lights (not originals, I wired up a new set several years ago and they have always worked fine) do not come on when vehicle is put in reverse.
- All other lights work.
What I've tried so far from reading and experimenting:
- Checked all fuses, replaced #26 and #27. No change.
- 0v getting to wires at reverse lights (obviously).
- Checked switch connector on transmission. Plug is getting 12.5v.
- Ran jumper wire from transmission connector to reverse lights. They lit up (so the issue is not the lights themselves).
- Replaced switch on transmission, no change.
- Removed headlights, checked all bulbs/plugs, replaced. No change.
At this point I'm not sure what else to check. The fact that the driver's side blinker is indicating an issue seems to point out that there's a short somewhere--but would this be related to reverse lights?