My body lift install! - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


1" & 3" Body Lifts General discussion of body lifts for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-04-2009
kyle12201's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Waterboro, ME
Posts: 1,543
My body lift install!

Got my body lift today woohoo!! bought the summit kit, for like $160 total with shifter extension, waiting on the shifter extension which will come tomorrow. This thread will be updated as I go, I don't have time to put the lift in till at the earliest Saturday when I can get some help from my neighbors so I can use there tools plus i have midterms.. but I will start the tear down of the interior and rear bumper on Friday, fronts already off.. But here's the body lift I will post progress pics as I go....

Lift in box waiting to be installed:
Name:  IMG_0198.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  39.1 KB

Interior carpet pulled up and ready to go!!
(out in garage prepping now)

Last edited by kyle12201; 03-05-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-04-2009
02oregonedge+'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: OR!
Posts: 1,086
Good luck with the install.. Can't wait to see pics.!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
HEAT YOUR body bolts with a torch and impact out VERY important
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-04-2009
robert99ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana/Mississippi
Posts: 5,807
Good luck. FYI - my front bolts were in the worst shape and the hardest ones to get out. Everything else came out like butter with my impact. Just heavily spray everything down with penetrating oil.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-04-2009
kyle12201's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Waterboro, ME
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
HEAT YOUR body bolts with a torch and impact out VERY important
Will do, I'll be using my MAPP torch, I don't care what my neighbors tell me I'm heating those damn bolts.. They must not know those cab bolts have loctite

Thanks guys can't wait. Oh one question about jacking up the cab/bed.. Do you position the wood just flat on the jack and begin to jack up the cab? Same with the bed I tryed searching but didn't find much on it? I know not to jack it up by the rocker panals obviously so where's a good spot to position the wood? thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghstrojan08 View Post
Good luck. FYI - my front bolts were in the worst shape and the hardest ones to get out. Everything else came out like butter with my impact. Just heavily spray everything down with penetrating oil.
Speaking of that, you can get it at like a hardware store correct? I'll need to pick some up tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-2009
robert99ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana/Mississippi
Posts: 5,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle12201 View Post
Speaking of that, you can get it at like a hardware store correct? I'll need to pick some up tomorrow.
Sure, I like PB Blaster the most. I have better stuff but they dont make it any better.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-04-2009
kyle12201's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Waterboro, ME
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghstrojan08 View Post
Sure, I like PB Blaster the most. I have better stuff but they dont make it any better.
Yep was going to get some of that tomorrow. Thanks man
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-04-2009
DisturbedESV's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,115
Sweet... how long are you planning on taking to finish this??

My front bolts were easy... I think the only one(s) that needed heat was the back cab bolt? Gotta love the 2008.... hahaha
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-04-2009
kyle12201's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Waterboro, ME
Posts: 1,543
If all goes as planned and my neighbors don't back out I will have it done by Saturday night, but it depends if they can help me. I'm doing the bed myself because that looks fairly easy I just need help doing the cab and front end, and it would help if it wasn't 10 degrees outside.. No heated garage. My bolts for the most part don't look too rusted so I think it will go smoothly, Lets hope.

Last edited by kyle12201; 03-04-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-04-2009
djphibes's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 89
Got my BL kit in today too and I'm hoping to get mine installed this saturday as well. :-P Synchronous body lifting FTW!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-04-2009
DisturbedESV's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,115
^^ hahaha... Dork... PICS!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-04-2009
z3ro's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 140
only 160 bucks! thats a good *** price, the cheapest i could find one for was 215 bills

good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-04-2009
Lord Of War's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posts: 4,599
Youre going to love it.

Good price and good luck with the install.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-04-2009
kyle12201's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Waterboro, ME
Posts: 1,543
Thanks guys! I'm excited as hell..

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphibes View Post
Got my BL kit in today too and I'm hoping to get mine installed this saturday as well. :-P Synchronous body lifting FTW!
x2 FTW!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3ro View Post
only 160 bucks! thats a good *** price, the cheapest i could find one for was 215 bills

good luck!
Somebody showed me this from summit its the same exact thing as the PA lift only about $100 cheaper, only thing different is the instructions don't have pictures, but if you need them print them out at work or school so you don't waist your paper
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I had to buy the shifter extension, so it would have been even cheaper.

Last edited by kyle12201; 03-04-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-04-2009
z3ro's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 140
i cant find it for my truck :(
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-04-2009
Rolldogg's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 3,424
Definatly pretreat those bolts with PB Blaster. Post your progress as you go.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-04-2009
kyle12201's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Waterboro, ME
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolldogg View Post
Definatly pretreat those bolts with PB Blaster. Post your progress as you go.
Will do, Should I spray the PB Blaster on top of the bolts in the cab and underneath the truck as well? Seems like that would make the most sense.. if thats the case I will start tearing up the carpet tomorrow night and start the prep work.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-04-2009
01 ranger 4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 1,100
i sprayed mine just from underneath but def use heat on the 4 cab bolts (i didnt at first and broke a bolt) and then the front 2 in core support are a PITA some people cut it (mine was all rusted and almost broke)

for the jack DO NOT jack on the rocker panel i did mine in between the rocker panel and a little peice of sheet metal behind it a 4x4 block fits perfectly
and for the bed i just lifted it by hand and had my little bro stick in the blocks the bed prob weighs less than 100 lbs surprisingly
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-04-2009
kyle12201's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Waterboro, ME
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 ranger 4x4 View Post
i sprayed mine just from underneath but def use heat on the 4 cab bolts (i didnt at first and broke a bolt) and then the front 2 in core support are a PITA some people cut it (mine was all rusted and almost broke)

for the jack DO NOT jack on the rocker panel i did mine in between the rocker panel and a little peice of sheet metal behind it a 4x4 block fits perfectly
and for the bed i just lifted it by hand and had my little bro stick in the blocks the bed prob weighs less than 100 lbs surprisingly
That seems like a good plan I'll start spraying tomorrow when I pick up some, Perfect I thought that's where you would jack, Yep I was just going to have my dad or whoever lift it up and I would shove the blocks and those metal squares in there. Also how much of a PITA is the filler tube to extend? Looks fairly easy in the instructions.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-04-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Yeah I had to grind my core support ones out too, rusted straight to the bushings. Have fun!

Filler tube is easy to extend, 10 min tops
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-04-2009
Sea-Bass's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,059
Sweet...now hurry the hell up!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-04-2009
kyle12201's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Waterboro, ME
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge View Post
Yeah I had to grind my core support ones out too, rusted straight to the bushings. Have fun!

Filler tube is easy to extend, 10 min tops
Mine look pretty good, very little rust it looks like, Alright cool thanks man, can't wait to start this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Bass View Post
Sweet...now hurry the hell up!!
Will try, haha I'll do the bed friday be for work, need to bring it back to the collision place because they didn't fix my door right so that'll take a good 2 hours out of my day. I'll just drive it with no rear bumper and ghetto rig the license plate.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-04-2009
Goodysgotacuda's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,496
good luck! thats not a bad price, did it come with the bumper brackets? i really thought about a body lift,until i bought some used 3" spindles for $200. muhaha
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-04-2009
kyle12201's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Waterboro, ME
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
good luck! thats not a bad price, did it come with the bumper brackets? i really thought about a body lift,until i bought some used 3" spindles for $200. muhaha
Yep both front and rear! I was thinking about doing that as well...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-04-2009
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle12201 View Post
Will do, I'll be using my MAPP torch, I don't care what my neighbors tell me I'm heating those damn bolts.. They must not know those cab bolts have loctite

Thanks guys can't wait. Oh one question about jacking up the cab/bed.. Do you position the wood just flat on the jack and begin to jack up the cab? Same with the bed I tryed searching but didn't find much on it? I know not to jack it up by the rocker panals obviously so where's a good spot to position the wood? thanks



Speaking of that, you can get it at like a hardware store correct? I'll need to pick some up tomorrow.

Just a FYI when I did mine the only two bolts that really needed to be heated were the rear cab bolts, but when we did hozII we also did the front cab bolts which made it go a little quicker.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summit Body Lift or PA Body Lift? vansnxtweek 1" & 3" Body Lifts 6 03-08-2008 04:39 PM
Body lift install suggestions. Tips please. Fx4wannabe01 Exterior Semi-Tech 8 03-30-2007 11:51 AM
How much for a Body Lift install? BigRed911 1" & 3" Body Lifts 10 03-05-2007 08:44 AM
Body Lift Install Oh5Edge General Ford Ranger Discussion 15 02-26-2007 08:25 AM
Too Body Lift... Or Not Too Body Lift... Mason 1" & 3" Body Lifts 51 06-30-2005 10:09 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.