Request to split forum Lima/Duratec... - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


2.3L & 2.5L I4 Tech General discussion of 2.3L and 2.5L I4 Ford Ranger engines.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-09-2015
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Killeen, TX
Posts: 110
Request to split forum Lima/Duratec...

This being a forum for engines it seems the Lima engine and Duratecs have been lumped together in this forum because both are 2.3L engines.

Seems to me that it would be appropriate to separate them because they are not the same engine.

I keep following links looking for information about my 2002 Duratec23 only to dead-end into a threat that is specifically what I'm looking for - but for the Lima engine, which is not information I can use.

Duratec 23 & 25 are the same engine with very minor differences, but the Lima is a completely different, older engine that is not related at all to the Duratecs. The last year of the Lima was 2001 (I think) and everything since then has been Duratecs.

Can we separate these into different categories? (LOL, pretty please......?)

If it is needed, I volunteer (temporarily) to do the moderator work getting the threads separated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2015
Dewey's Avatar
@THE_ALMIGHTY_E4_RANGER
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Arcadia, Fl
Posts: 2,054
In that case, they should seperation the 4.0 OHV and 4.0 SOHC engines also. I believe this is something that would need to be cleared with "Internet Brands"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-24-2015
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Killeen, TX
Posts: 110
How do I get ahold of Internet Brands? Can you PM me an email address?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-24-2015
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,501
The 4 cylinder forum has been a combined/all in one 4 cylinder section since Ranger-Forums inception in 2004, and it's unlikely to change now. I'm not against change for the right reasons, but if you apply this logic then you could apply the same logic to basically every subsection on the forum. Usually splitting or creating a new section takes a great amount of consideration on the practicality and benefit of the forum. In this case there is not enough benefit to justify the section.

You are free to contact IB directly by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum or by using the Contact Us form on the Internet Brands, Inc. website. However, control of the forum sections is left up to the local administration of the site and Internet Brands will not regulate or change the sections without consultation with us first.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-26-2015
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Killeen, TX
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
The 4 cylinder forum has been a combined/all in one 4 cylinder section since Ranger-Forums inception in 2004, and it's unlikely to change now. I'm not against change for the right reasons, but if you apply this logic then you could apply the same logic to basically every subsection on the forum. Usually splitting or creating a new section takes a great amount of consideration on the practicality and benefit of the forum. In this case there is not enough benefit to justify the section.

You are free to contact IB directly by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum or by using the Contact Us form on the Internet Brands, Inc. website. However, control of the forum sections is left up to the local administration of the site and Internet Brands will not regulate or change the sections without consultation with us first.
Issue 1: Justification.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
In this case there is not enough benefit to justify the section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker3278 View Post
I keep following links looking for information about my 2002 Duratec23 only to dead-end into a threat that is specifically what I'm looking for - but for the Lima engine, which is not information I can use.
Whether you accept it or not, forums like these are resource library's where the users put up information from their experiences to help other people out. What we have right now is a library where the books are stacked in broad categories. 4-cylinder. 6-cylinder. The books are thrown onto the shelves with no order and there is an absence of a Dewey Decimal System to organize the information because the posts are all lumped together without the ability to decern which engine its for - the search engine doesn't separate them.

The wording of your statement tells me "you like things the way they are."
The wording of your statement tells me "you are unwilling to do anything to make this forum more user friendly."

There is a word I'm wanting to say that would be accompanied by several colorful adjectives, but am refraining from blowing up and saying them.

I volunteered to do the work of separating the threads.

You would not have to put forward any more effort than giving me a thumbs-up with IB for a temporary moderator position till the work is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
In this case there is not enough benefit to justify the section.
WHY???
What is it that I don't see and you aren't saying that makes it so difficult that the benefits don't outweigh the costs?

Issue 2: Contacting IB.
Your argument is circular. "You can contact them, but they're going to ask me and I'm going to say no." Boil that down to what it is and you just politely told me to f*ck off.

I'm biting my lip and holding my tongue because of the benefit other users would gain from separating this forum into 2.3L SOHC & DOHC segments.

Dewey,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
In that case, they should seperation the 4.0 OHV and 4.0 SOHC engines also.
I agree. And I don't think there'd be much trouble finding someone over there like me that would be willing to do the work of separating them.

Again, I volunteer temporarily to do the moderator work of separating the SOHC & DOHC threads.

Under the hood is where trucks show their variety. When a single truck family (Rangers in this argument) are offered with 3 different engine options and those options are not at all related to each other - separation of discussions/threads/forums would be beneficial. Not to mention this is the d*mn engine section of the forum - why are we just throwing dissimilar engines in the same groups?

I hope you guys had a good Christmas and have a good New Years!

Sincerely,
Jimmy

Last edited by Tanker3278; 12-26-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-26-2015
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,501
Jimmy, I can see you're passionate about your idea so I've decided to give you a shot. I've created two child forums within the I4 section, with temporary names which we can work on.

Please send me a PM when you have a chance and we can decide on a game plan.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-05-2016
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Canyon lake,tx
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker3278 View Post
Issue 1: Justification.




Whether you accept it or not, forums like these are resource library's where the users put up information from their experiences to help other people out. What we have right now is a library where the books are stacked in broad categories. 4-cylinder. 6-cylinder. The books are thrown onto the shelves with no order and there is an absence of a Dewey Decimal System to organize the information because the posts are all lumped together without the ability to decern which engine its for - the search engine doesn't separate them.

The wording of your statement tells me "you like things the way they are."
The wording of your statement tells me "you are unwilling to do anything to make this forum more user friendly."

There is a word I'm wanting to say that would be accompanied by several colorful adjectives, but am refraining from blowing up and saying them.

I volunteered to do the work of separating the threads.

You would not have to put forward any more effort than giving me a thumbs-up with IB for a temporary moderator position till the work is done.


WHY???
What is it that I don't see and you aren't saying that makes it so difficult that the benefits don't outweigh the costs?

Issue 2: Contacting IB.
Your argument is circular. "You can contact them, but they're going to ask me and I'm going to say no." Boil that down to what it is and you just politely told me to f*ck off.

I'm biting my lip and holding my tongue because of the benefit other users would gain from separating this forum into 2.3L SOHC & DOHC segments.

Dewey,

I agree. And I don't think there'd be much trouble finding someone over there like me that would be willing to do the work of separating them.

Again, I volunteer temporarily to do the moderator work of separating the SOHC & DOHC threads.

Under the hood is where trucks show their variety. When a single truck family (Rangers in this argument) are offered with 3 different engine options and those options are not at all related to each other - separation of discussions/threads/forums would be beneficial. Not to mention this is the d*mn engine section of the forum - why are we just throwing dissimilar engines in the same groups?

I hope you guys had a good Christmas and have a good New Years!

Sincerely,
Jimmy

Well how about this?
Do they both require 8 spark plugs?
And if not which one of the two has 8 and which one doesn't? I'm not trying to sound sarcastic I just really need to know?
This is my first ford........
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-06-2016
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 7,586
Lima 4cyl engine, 2.3l or 2.5l, 1989 to 2000 used 8 spark plugs

Duratec 4cyl engine, 2.3l, 2001 to 2012 used 4 spark plugs

If you have a 1996 model it will need 8 spark plugs
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-06-2016
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Canyon lake,tx
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonD View Post
Lima 4cyl engine, 2.3l or 2.5l, 1989 to 2000 used 8 spark plugs

Duratec 4cyl engine, 2.3l, 2001 to 2012 used 4 spark plugs

If you have a 1996 model it will need 8 spark plugs
Awesome thank you
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2.5 lima to 2.3 duratec swap ti-force SOHC - 2.3L & 2.5L Lima Engines 3 04-26-2012 02:22 PM
lima vs. duratec mps01r6 2.3L & 2.5L I4 Tech 8 07-25-2009 10:43 PM
flowmaster 40 on 2.5" piping 2.5l lima 4cyl Melt Vehicle & Meet Videos 18 05-19-2009 07:31 PM
FS: Car Audio Banners Lima, Ohio 07Ranger Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 1 02-12-2009 12:42 PM
Lima, OH 4 wheel Jamboree..... lifted97ranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 27 05-24-2006 10:49 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.