1/4 mile, 0-60 - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech General discussion of 2.9L and 3.0L V6 Ford Ranger engines.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 06-19-2007
GrafixGuy's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 8,703
wander what that new 2.3 D-Tech would run, its got the same HP as the 3.0, its just 200 lbs. lighter...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-19-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 886
I drove a 5 speed one today for work, man it was a dog haha. My truck runs mid to low 15s I guesstimate. I also guesstimate it has roughly 215RWHP and maybe 250FWHP? It however is extended cab with auto. And with my current tires I have no traction but thats soon to change.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-19-2007
My91Ranger's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 2,252
Check out dragtimes.com they have tons of times slip and a page or two of rangers. Most of them on there are v8's but there a couple of stockies.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-19-2007
graniteguy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRattlehead
in your guys' opinion what would it take to get a 06 3.0 auto reg cab into the mid 15's

it will be on slicks and skinnys so lightweight wheels/tires. what else do i need? id say im a good driver when it comes to racing, ive got about 8-9 years under my belt on the 1320'
A used whipple supercharger. Limited slip rear end. JD traction bars. Higher stall on your convertor. Cold weather. It would be nice if we had your starting point (current 60', time, and mph). Those three things will tell whether it is HP needed, traction, or both.

A buddy of mine has hit a flat 16 in a 3.0 single cab manual with bad 60' times (2.4). With slicks and skinnies he would be there.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-19-2007
Boomdock's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington, IA
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
I also guesstimate it has roughly 215RWHP and maybe 250FWHP? It however is extended cab with auto.
No way, not with the mods in your sig.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-19-2007
VicRattlehead's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Channahon, IL
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by graniteguy
A used whipple supercharger. Limited slip rear end. JD traction bars. Higher stall on your convertor. Cold weather. It would be nice if we had your starting point (current 60', time, and mph). Those three things will tell whether it is HP needed, traction, or both.

A buddy of mine has hit a flat 16 in a 3.0 single cab manual with bad 60' times (2.4). With slicks and skinnies he would be there.

see thats the thing, im wanting to know, if i can get this into the 15's. to run NMRA Truck/Lightning class you have to run qualify at 15.99 or better, (indexed at 15.89) so id have to be able to run at least a .89

I had plans to run my tbird at the NMRA race here in Joliet in july, but the tbird is not going to be fixed by then. new plan was to run brackets in my ZX2 but i traded that in last week on this ranger, now im going to race the truck but i have 2 options, truck or brackets. i dont plan on doing any testing before then to get a baseline so thats why all the questions. if it is absolute no it wont run the number, thats fine ill run brackets, but if it can run it id like to run in the truck class. the difference is that in brackets i pick the dial, in truck you qualify. plus the costs are different, brackets are open to all, truck you have to be a nmra member and have a truck class permanent number. the magazines cover the truck class but dont do squat for the et classes.

as for the converter/rear end, ive got a 4.56 gear here and the tc can be had from my buddy at DirtyD0g Performance, basicly he would do whatever i said i wanted in it. the whipple sounds like a good plan but im not sure if i want a blower or turbo. i guess i could throw the n2o on it from the bird.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-19-2007
greygooseranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 3,293
^^^ I would go with the blower, people have had a great deal of success with it...
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-19-2007
bwester04's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 2,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygooseranger
^^^ I would go with the blower, people have had a great deal of success with it...
hah.. not really

Some people that had them, have taken them off because of blown gaskets and such.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-20-2007
Ranger_Guy15's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 2,827
Has anyone ever seen the pinks show where the rangers raced. that was a pretty sweet one!!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-20-2007
graniteguy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRattlehead
see thats the thing, im wanting to know, if i can get this into the 15's. to run NMRA Truck/Lightning class you have to run qualify at 15.99 or better, (indexed at 15.89) so id have to be able to run at least a .89

I had plans to run my tbird at the NMRA race here in Joliet in july, but the tbird is not going to be fixed by then. new plan was to run brackets in my ZX2 but i traded that in last week on this ranger, now im going to race the truck but i have 2 options, truck or brackets. i dont plan on doing any testing before then to get a baseline so thats why all the questions. if it is absolute no it wont run the number, thats fine ill run brackets, but if it can run it id like to run in the truck class. the difference is that in brackets i pick the dial, in truck you qualify. plus the costs are different, brackets are open to all, truck you have to be a nmra member and have a truck class permanent number. the magazines cover the truck class but dont do squat for the et classes.

as for the converter/rear end, ive got a 4.56 gear here and the tc can be had from my buddy at DirtyD0g Performance, basicly he would do whatever i said i wanted in it. the whipple sounds like a good plan but im not sure if i want a blower or turbo. i guess i could throw the n2o on it from the bird.
You are at miminum 1-1/2 to 2 seconds from where you need to be. Without some prior testing I would have nitrous ready if needed- or be ready for brackets. A single cab manual 3.0 would be there easily with slicks. Not sure about the extra weight of the extended can along with the automatic tranny. Who knows. I wish I had a definate path you could take. I haven't pursued the extended cab auto to that level. Good luck and keep us posted.

I always find the brackets fun. A bunch of the drivers are amateur. Redlights, break outs, High dial in times, etc. No you don't get the exposure, but you can move up and possibly win the thing.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-25-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perry, Florida
Posts: 20
All I know is a ranger edge 03 with 4.10 rear end can do 0-60 in about 10 seconds with good shifting, atleast that is what I got.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-10-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: texas
Posts: 16
I ran last night-
17.90 at 73.76 with one passenger.
Only thing I have done is put a K&N in and cut off the OEM air box snorkel.

2001 Mazda B3000 3.0 with 41,000miles
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-10-2008
N20-3.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Orlando,FL
Posts: 147
I have a 04 Cobra for track & weekend use,but I could'nt leave the Ranger alone.05 reg.cab 4.10 gear 5spd. auto K&N drop in filter 60 H.P. wet kit & tuner.Besides that it's stock.15.06 @ 95mph.A good tuning device is a must have.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-11-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Thibodaux, La
Posts: 17
I ran in the 15s with my 2002 NA, however I had alot of crap done to it. I am much happier with my Whipple now, wouldnt trade it for any other mod.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-12-2008
Ranger_Guy15's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 2,827
Pretty slow. I raced my friends 3.8 mustang and he beat me by about 4 cars.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
50,000 Mile Club karrbass4life General Technical & Electrical 25 08-10-2005 03:24 PM
STUCK! In the 1/4 mile of mud... TBarCYa General Ford Ranger Discussion 72 05-01-2005 02:42 AM
3.0 and NO2 1/4 mile times 2004edge 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 41 04-08-2005 12:27 AM
Looking for stock 1/4 mile times ToughFord General Ford Ranger Discussion 5 08-03-2004 03:54 PM
30,000 Mile Service? Bent XLT General Technical & Electrical 3 07-01-2004 12:20 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.