In the Market for Fuel Injectors.... - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech General discussion of 2.9L and 3.0L V6 Ford Ranger engines.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-04-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
In the Market for Fuel Injectors....

To start off I have a 2000 3.0L FFV motor and Im tryin to cure this Rough Idle i have. With some research according to rogueperformance.com I have 25.3Lbs Injectors. Im guessing the FFV has EV1 connections on them... Im really not concerned about my FFV capabilities because ill never ever use an alternate means of fuel or E85. Im in the market for new injectors. Does anyone know of where to buy new ones and what injectors i can use??

I was thinking maybe something like these Bosch's level lll's, would these work? P/N: 0280155710



"*Brand new Design III Bosch Injectors
Original Equipment replacement fuel injectors. Faster pulse rates and more efficient atomization. Design III injectors are flow-matched to within 1% of mfg. specification.

NOTE: Direct replacemnet option.

Use in place of your OE injector:
0280150556, 0280150943, 0280150939, and 0280150778, FOTE 19lb "
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-04-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
You need to get the same size ones if you don't want to scale your fuel map. I do this all the time on turbo cars.

EDIT: I see these are within 1%- that is pretty good.

Last edited by Jp7; 04-04-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-04-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
Size as in LBS or in the length of the injector lol... if the FFV injectors are 25.3Lbs then this doesnt leave me with much options as to what aftermarket injectors i can use unless i reflash the pcm...

I have 550cc injectors on my boosted integra but i tuned the motor so thats how i was able to get away with upgrading. So i know a little about upgrading injectors. As for the Truck i want to keep it simple and not increase the flow rate of the injectors on my stock motor. I dont want to reflash the pcm. I just want an aftermarket injector such as the bosch but keep the same rating as i do now in my motor.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-04-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSlanger View Post
Size as in LBS or in the length of the injector lol... if the FFV injectors are 25.3Lbs then this doesnt leave me with much options as to what aftermarket injectors i can use unless i reflash the pcm...

I have 550cc injectors on my boosted integra but i tuned the motor so thats how i was able to get away with upgrading. So i know a little about upgrading injectors. As for the Truck i want to keep it simple and not increase the flow rate of the injectors on my stock motor. I dont want to reflash the pcm. I just want an aftermarket injector such as the bosch but keep the same rating as i do now in my motor.
You can't tune the motor. The motor is just a big hunk of moving parts. What you are tuning is the computer that controls how the motor works. The Flex Ranger has bigger injectors because it works with alcohol which is more highly oxygenated than gas. This is kind nice because if you drive on gasoline then the injectors are not reaching as close to peak load as the normal non flex rangers are.

Size is flow, not physical size.

Why do you want an aftermarket injector? What are you trying to accomplish? I am assuming here you have a problem with your injectors and are looking for a replacement. The only reason you would want a bigger injector is if you have more air going in that wants more fuel, to keep you from going lean and blowing things to kingdom come. If your aftermarket ones have better atomization the idea is that the mixture is more homogeneous in the cylinder, and then you can have a better controlled combustion process. Also if the window opens faster on these injectors, you can tune it more accurately for high rpm tuning, where things happen really fast and you need that extra control.

I only went with 1200cc injectors because I knew I was adding an HTA3582 onto my car.

Last edited by Jp7; 04-04-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-04-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
Tuning the the computer to the motor, eh its a relative and you knew what i meant lol

Well i was going to slap an eaton M90 supercharger on the truck so bigger injectors would be optimal in that situation. But since im not boosting YET, ill keep it at the 25.3lbs or something very similar to that so i can run NEW injectors(only to solve my idle problem). Ive heard bosch made some good injectors so i wanted to try them out. My other option was to get some Blueprinted injectors from www.rogueperformance.com, they are cleaned rebuilt and flow matched(about 1-3%). I might go this route if im unable to find me an aftermarket set to match my oem ford injectors.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-04-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSlanger View Post
Tuning the the computer to the motor, eh its a relative and you knew what i meant lol

Well i was going to slap an eaton M90 supercharger on the truck so bigger injectors would be optimal in that situation. But since im not boosting YET, ill keep it at the 25.3lbs or something very similar to that so i can run NEW injectors(only to solve my idle problem). Ive heard bosch made some good injectors so i wanted to try them out. My other option was to get some Blueprinted injectors from www.rogueperformance.com, they are cleaned rebuilt and flow matched(about 1-3%). I might go this route if im unable to find me an aftermarket set to match my oem ford injectors.
Yes if you have a problem new injectors might solve it for you if they are the cause of the problem, and you cannot salvage your current injectors.

If you plan on running boost just buy the bigger ones and scale them down. Having bigger injectors are only part of the solution as at some point the stock fuel pump will not keep up. This is why I used a walbro fuel pump for my setup.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-04-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
Well I had the plan of running bigger injectors and getting a walbro fuel pump to match... Now if i were to get something like 30lb+ injectors and scale them down on my stock more that would require me to reflash the pcm correct??

Now as for the supercharger, I bought a bigger Bored MAF from an Explorer 5.0L and Mustang GT Throttle body for better flowing of air to the SCer. But thats not improtant here as this is not the info im looking for lol....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-04-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSlanger View Post
Well I had the plan of running bigger injectors and getting a walbro fuel pump to match... Now if i were to get something like 30lb+ injectors and scale them down on my stock more that would require me to reflash the pcm correct??

Now as for the supercharger, I bought a bigger Bored MAF from an Explorer 5.0L and Mustang GT Throttle body for better flowing of air to the SCer. But thats not improtant here as this is not the info im looking for lol....
I sure hope you have a wb02, or you will be buying a rebuild kit for your engine too...

good luck with your mods!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-04-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
alright dont insult my intelligence here... lol

I have the UEGO AEM wideband O2 sensor gauge... But you failed to answer my question about reflashing the computer.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-04-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudSlanger View Post
alright dont insult my intelligence here... lol

I have the UEGO AEM wideband O2 sensor gauge... But you failed to answer my question about reflashing the computer.
yes sir, all scaling is a reflash of the fuel map inside of the computer, basically putting a coefficient infront of the current pulsewidth values.

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-04-2009
Robin Hood's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
If you research on rogue performance you'll also find that he can have the injectors rebuilt and then they do something to get them to spray near the exact same of fuel each injector, they get em to like .5% or something.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-04-2009
MudSlanger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
If you research on rogue performance you'll also find that he can have the injectors rebuilt and then they do something to get them to spray near the exact same of fuel each injector, they get em to like .5% or something.
yea i read that!! I may just have mine rebuilt, cleaned and flow matched for now until i want to upgrade when i install the supercharger

Been trying to get a hold of fred at rogue is kind of hard lol
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-19-2009
Robin Hood's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
Lemme know how it works out... because before I get my tune I plan on a little bit bigger injectors.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-22-2009
DillonT's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 352
out of curiosity why does my little v6 ranger have 25 something lb injectors, and my 5.0 mustang have only 19? this winter im throwing some 30lbers in, and thats a pretty big injector. my buddy runs 42 with soon to be nitrous.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-22-2009
Robin Hood's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
Your ranger has 25lb if its flex fuel. I'm not sure why, something to do with E85 I assume.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-23-2009
DillonT's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 352
yeah its flex, but why does my 5.0 mustang only have 19 lbers?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-23-2009
Robin Hood's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
Stock 3.0's have 15's. Flexfuels have more because of something to do with E85. Your 5.0 has 19's because its probably all it needs from the factory.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4.0 OHV Fuel Pressure / After-market Fuel Pump Rooks 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 1 12-28-2011 12:52 PM
Changing Fuel Injectors Hefavitzen SOHC - 2.3L & 2.5L Lima Engines 16 12-14-2010 10:26 AM
Fuel Injectors Clogged? Roach2004 General Ford Ranger Discussion 16 06-28-2008 09:50 PM
fuel injectors claytonrduvall 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 18 09-28-2007 06:35 PM
Fuel Injectors???? xxtomorrowsliexx 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 1 10-10-2006 06:41 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.