Almost scary moment - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech General discussion of 4.0L OHV and SOHC V6 Ford Ranger engines.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-18-2009
281Thunder's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 150
Almost scary moment

Well. I'm in the process of rattle canning my truck so I can have the cab and bed match.< here is the link : https://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2...ad.php?t=82313 > Anyways I opened the hood to disassemble my front grille assembly and noticed the the plug wires on the left bank were cooked, with traces of ashes near the manifold. To add on top of that, the wiring right above it was chared and melted. Apparently I had a wee bit of an engine fire due to my forgetfulness. I'm assuming I forgot a blue shop towel under the hood and while driving home it was pressed up against the firewall. Then when I stopped at home it fell and started to burn. As a result, my beloved mistress is running like a sack of chewed *******s; bucking, misfiring, and backfiring. Thankfully it wasn't too bad but now I need to replace something that was in perfect working order. Oh well. Tune-up time for me I suppose.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-18-2009
Ciaran's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed93 View Post
Well. I'm in the process of rattle canning my truck so I can have the cab and bed match.< here is the link : https://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2...ad.php?t=82313 > Anyways I opened the hood to disassemble my front grille assembly and noticed the the plug wires on the left bank were cooked, with traces of ashes near the manifold. To add on top of that, the wiring right above it was chared and melted. Apparently I had a wee bit of an engine fire due to my forgetfulness. I'm assuming I forgot a blue shop towel under the hood and while driving home it was pressed up against the firewall. Then when I stopped at home it fell and started to burn. As a result, my beloved mistress is running like a sack of chewed *******s; bucking, misfiring, and backfiring. Thankfully it wasn't too bad but now I need to replace something that was in perfect working order. Oh well. Tune-up time for me I suppose.
New plugs and wires aren't too expensive. Feel lucky its only that much!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-18-2009
281Thunder's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 150
True, but I'm a broke *** who's also unemployed ATM lol
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-18-2009
Ciaran's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed93 View Post
True, but I'm a broke *** who's also unemployed ATM lol
You could go bang a thousand fat chicks for 50 bucks each? Or 50 REALLY FAT chicks for a thousand bucks each!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-18-2009
crazymikey's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: your mom
Posts: 4,008
Well that sucks. But on the bright side, could have been worse.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-18-2009
Alex98's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 844
yea definitely dont leave one under there again lol that would suck if the ranger caught on fire
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-19-2009
281Thunder's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 150
Indeed it would. I almost wished it had yesterday seein' as I was uber pissed but today I have a clear head on my shoulders and I'm sure I'll find the money to do my tune-up, which I'm sure it needs after 310,000 km's lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-20-2009
Rolldogg's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 3,424
What year is your beast? 310K km's is a lot.

Just think though, it could have been a lot worse.......you could have had a crispy Ranger in the yard.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-28-2009
howells's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kitchener ont
Posts: 779
wheres the pics of the bed i want to see it on your truck
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-28-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: alberta
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
You could go bang a thousand fat chicks for 50 bucks each? Or 50 REALLY FAT chicks for a thousand bucks each!
no, no, we've covered that...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
almost(ALMOST) too good of a deal to pass up haha darangerdanger General Ford Ranger Discussion 17 08-25-2010 02:29 PM
I had an "OH SHYT" moment today.... annguyen1981 General Ford Ranger Discussion 4 12-07-2009 07:45 PM
Almost done pics...almost...new paint! wvcat Snapshots 38 06-18-2009 06:13 AM
ITS DONE..... for the moment bondoford Suspension Tech 8 03-06-2007 08:45 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:27 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.