A/C & Heat not working properly - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech General discussion of 4.0L OHV and SOHC V6 Ford Ranger engines.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-18-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 2
A/C & Heat not working properly

I just replaced my thermostat last weekend and the overheating issue has been remedied, but now the A/C does not blow cool air like before and the heater does not blow warm air after the engines warms up.. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-14-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tampa Fl.
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBell View Post
I just replaced my thermostat last weekend and the overheating issue has been remedied, but now the A/C does not blow cool air like before and the heater does not blow warm air after the engines warms up.. Any thoughts?
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT TEMPETURE RATING STAT FOR YOUR TRUCK,ALSO IT SOUNDS LIKE THE COOLING SYSTEM HAS AIR IN IT WHICH WILL CAUSE YOUR HEATER NOT TO PREFORM,YOUR A/C NEEDS TO HAVE GAUGES PUT ON IT TO MAKE SURE IT'S NOT UNDER OR OVER CHARGED, OVER OR UNDER CHARGED WOULD CAUSE THE A/C NOT TO BE AS COLD,ALSO NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR CONDENSER FAN IS WORKING GOOD
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-2011
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
QUIT YELLING AT US.

did you make sure the air was out of the system completely?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tampa Fl.
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
QUIT YELLING AT US.

did you make sure the air was out of the system completely?
quit yelling at you??? grow up spud or quit asking for help.. no one was yelling at you..
OK.. let me rephrase the question.. is there any air left in the cooling system??
there..is that better,would you like your lollipop now??
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-2011
02rangermayhem's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: C.Springs
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatmoter View Post
quit yelling at you??? grow up spud or quit asking for help.. no one was yelling at you..
OK.. let me rephrase the question.. is there any air left in the cooling system??
there..is that better,would you like your lollipop now??
i believe he was refering to the CAPS LOCK? or not? jus saying.

but bring it to a shop for an a/c diag. first check if your compressor turn on at all. if it doesnt report back.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tampa Fl.
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatmoter View Post
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT TEMPETURE RATING STAT FOR YOUR TRUCK,ALSO IT SOUNDS LIKE THE COOLING SYSTEM HAS AIR IN IT WHICH WILL CAUSE YOUR HEATER NOT TO PREFORM,YOUR A/C NEEDS TO HAVE GAUGES PUT ON IT TO MAKE SURE IT'S NOT UNDER OR OVER CHARGED, OVER OR UNDER CHARGED WOULD CAUSE THE A/C NOT TO BE AS COLD,ALSO NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR CONDENSER FAN IS WORKING GOOD
< JBell > sorry bout the nasty gram,I misunderstood your quote to my reply,guess I did have the caps lock on..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-16-2011
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
you had a nasty gram to me not the OP. it was a joke since your caps were on like mentioned.

does the temp go up and down cycling through or is the overheating just a constant?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-16-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tampa Fl.
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
you had a nasty gram to me not the OP. it was a joke since your caps were on like mentioned.

does the temp go up and down cycling through or is the overheating just a constant?
sorry bout that,did not catch it until it was too late..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-16-2011
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833


np.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replaced Gauge Cluster, new tach not working properly Vince near Seattle Interior Semi-Tech 1 10-31-2009 09:53 PM
power windows not working properly.... Chattanoogan General Technical & Electrical 3 10-31-2009 09:50 PM
iTrader function not working properly, or am I just a noob? Fx4wannabe01 Ranger-Forums Office 12 06-05-2009 01:58 PM
AC not working properly Vulcan Power General Technical & Electrical 4 07-09-2008 01:30 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:53 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.