Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust System Reviews? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech General discussion of 4.0L OHV and SOHC V6 Ford Ranger engines.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-01-2007
Austin1's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Athens, Ohio
Posts: 359
Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust System Reviews?

I'm trying to save my money for college next fall, but my truck needs an exhaust system (open is getting old....) and this Dynomax system seems like a good deal for a good price. Has anyone had experience with it?
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...rt=WLK%2D17315
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-02-2007
ThatGuy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 325
When i put duals on my Explorer Sport i used a Dynomax super turbo muffler, i love it! If you want a jist on what it sounds like on a 4.0L here u go...



-Brad
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-02-2007
Austin1's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Athens, Ohio
Posts: 359
that sounds pretty good, not too loud, not too quiet. How is the reverberation inside the cab?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-02-2007
M50B06's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ravenna ohio
Posts: 315
i had a dynomax super turbo on my old ranger 4.0, it was only single outlet but same muffler, it was quieter than the stock exhaust-dont think amount of pipes would make a differance, but made a differance performance wise though
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-02-2007
ThatGuy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 325
Its real quiet inside... i can tell its there, but not so much its annoying. Generally my radio drowns it out without a problem lol

-Brad
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-02-2007
Austin1's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Athens, Ohio
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
Its real quiet inside... i can tell its there, but not so much its annoying. Generally my radio drowns it out without a problem lol

-Brad
cool, that's what I want, I'm going to order the system tomorrow then
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-02-2007
Austin1's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Athens, Ohio
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by M50B06
i had a dynomax super turbo on my old ranger 4.0, it was only single outlet but same muffler, it was quieter than the stock exhaust-dont think amount of pipes would make a differance, but made a differance performance wise though
Is it really that quiet? cause when i had my stock exhaust sometimes I was wondering if the truck was even running it was so quiet.
Performance wise what did you gain? any better mpg?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-03-2007
ranger_banger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: cedar falls, iowa
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
When i put duals on my Explorer Sport i used a Dynomax super turbo muffler, i love it! If you want a jist on what it sounds like on a 4.0L here u go...



-Brad
wow..that sounds really good. smooth and deep, and no crackle. me gusta, me gusta!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-03-2007
M50B06's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ravenna ohio
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1
Is it really that quiet? cause when i had my stock exhaust sometimes I was wondering if the truck was even running it was so quiet.
Performance wise what did you gain? any better mpg?
old truck was a 1992 ford ranger xlt 4.0
had complete dynomax super turbo muffler cat back-single side
(was direct replacemnent for factory system)
When it was running you couldnt tell it was so quiet, even when you reved it it was quiet, but it had more low end torque and better mpg, dont remember how much better but it helped
its cheap, and good quality system, recommended if you are looking for cheap replacement-dont think it ever rusted either
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-03-2007
Austin1's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Athens, Ohio
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by M50B06
old truck was a 1992 ford ranger xlt 4.0
had complete dynomax super turbo muffler cat back-single side
(was direct replacemnent for factory system)
When it was running you couldnt tell it was so quiet, even when you reved it it was quiet, but it had more low end torque and better mpg, dont remember how much better but it helped
its cheap, and good quality system, recommended if you are looking for cheap replacement-dont think it ever rusted either
cool thanks, I ordered it today
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-04-2007
TORQUERULES's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ripley, WV
Posts: 302
Icon14

I have the single Dynomax SuperTurbo cat back and I like it. Sounds the way it should've from the factory. Not loud at all, but a nice low rumble.

Power-wise? I can't speak to that really. Maybe a little more up top, but not much if any over stock. I just got it for the sound and the nice look of the stainless tip.

I really think that these trucks need that 3rd cat (or better yet all of the cats) taken out and true duals put on to show any real gains. I know a lot of people will refute that and some my even use the whole "You need backpressure!" line, but I know what works and IMHO true duals (better catless) would be the best route.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-04-2007
Austin1's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Athens, Ohio
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUERULES
I have the single Dynomax SuperTurbo cat back and I like it. Sounds the way it should've from the factory. Not loud at all, but a nice low rumble.

Power-wise? I can't speak to that really. Maybe a little more up top, but not much if any over stock. I just got it for the sound and the nice look of the stainless tip.

I really think that these trucks need that 3rd cat (or better yet all of the cats) taken out and true duals put on to show any real gains. I know a lot of people will refute that and some my even use the whole "You need backpressure!" line, but I know what works and IMHO true duals (better catless) would be the best route.
I was thinking of (before I put the system on) gutting the last cat (I have 2 on each manifold and then 2 big ones with an O2 sensor in between). But I think I'll put it on and see if I like the sound, if I want it louder I'll just gut my last cat, would that hurt the O2 sensor right behind the cat?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-04-2007
TORQUERULES's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ripley, WV
Posts: 302
You would have to have that one disabled with a tuner (I did on mine) or it will throw a CEL. You could also get an MIL/CEL eliminator (all Ford EEC-V ones will work from my experience) if you don't plan to get a tuner.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-04-2007
Austin1's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Athens, Ohio
Posts: 359
I don't plan on spending 400 + dollars on a tuner anytime soon, so I'm probably not going to gut any cats anytime soon.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-04-2007
M50B06's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ravenna ohio
Posts: 315
i always wanted true duals to, but didnt want to deal with the hassel-just did cat back
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-04-2007
DangaRanger99's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Farmington, NH
Posts: 1,209
Maurice (lifted97ranger) has dynomax if i recall on his 4.0...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
dynomax super turbo catback on the b2500 Melt Snapshots 15 02-16-2009 10:59 PM
Sounds of the Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust system Austin1 General Ford Ranger Discussion 4 01-22-2008 05:27 PM
Dynomax turbo muffler exhaust 99RangerXLT 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 7 06-07-2007 08:00 PM
Just Installed: Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-back (pics!) Austin1 General Ford Ranger Discussion 17 06-07-2007 06:04 PM
Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust? Jester983 General Ford Ranger Discussion 9 04-11-2007 11:22 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.