blew the sub today, what should i get next - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Audio & Video Tech General discussion of audio and video for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-26-2010
blueranger789's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
Posts: 619
blew the sub today, what should i get next

as the title says, i blew the 10' kicker cvr that ive had for two months today, so im gonna be getting another sub soon as i have the money to, just wanting some idaes of what youguys and any girls on here think i should get. already had a couple people tell me to get an alpine type R, and have been told i can get a memphis 12 for $89, think it was the power reference. anybody have them? any likes/dislikes?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-26-2010
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
I have a kenwood exccelon 10" shallow mount. LOVE LOVE LOVE this sub! replaced my memphis 10" 15-SC10 shallow (which i blew)

check it out if you need a shallow.

Amazon.com: Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW1000F Shallow-mount 10" 4-ohm subwoofer: Electronics
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-2010
evilclown312's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Logan ohio
Posts: 2,772
What kind of price range you looking at here?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-26-2010
blueranger789's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
I have a kenwood exccelon 10" shallow mount. LOVE LOVE LOVE this sub! replaced my memphis 10" 15-SC10 shallow (which i blew)

check it out if you need a shallow.

Amazon.com: Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW1000F Shallow-mount 10" 4-ohm subwoofer: Electronics
thanks for the info, but i have the room for a full sub, no need for shallow mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilclown312 View Post
What kind of price range you looking at here?
wanting to stay below 200, cuz its gonna take me a month or two to save that much for a new sub

P.S. trucks sounds so retarded now without the bass from the sub
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-2010
rangercrazy07's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 758
kenwood all the way or mtx, kicker is shatty!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-26-2010
edgeman4.0's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: All Over
Posts: 1,475
i told you... get the alpine type r 10" woofer and close this thread. it'll handle the power your amp puts out and the box you built. TRUST ME GODDAMMIT!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-26-2010
evilclown312's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Logan ohio
Posts: 2,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercrazy07 View Post
kenwood all the way or mtx, kicker is shatty!
For real? Kicker will own kenwood and mtx all day!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-26-2010
edgerider2002's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilclown312 View Post
For real? Kicker will own kenwood and mtx all day!
X2. I have a kicker amp, sub, and door speakers and it's sounds soooooooooo good.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-26-2010
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
15" Kicker Solo Baric.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-26-2010
rangercrazy07's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 758
kicker sucks my left nut compared to kicker at the watts and set-up i'm running
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-26-2010
Vonhanson's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Glencoe, Minnesota
Posts: 1,609
how do you blow up a kicker cvr?

i've had my 2 tens in my truck for at least 3 years, and i've ran them so so hard lol. i guess i know when not to push it.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-26-2010
Melt's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboy101 View Post
15" Kicker Solo Baric.
i actually have this setup and yes!!! jbl 500.1 amp pushing it

pass seat dont go all the way back no more though
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-26-2010
wyldechild's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,952
I've got 2 12 inch Rockford Fosgate P1's in my truck. I'm no sub guru, but i'm more then happy with the sound out of them. More then i could ever want or need.

The only thing I'd consider doing different is getting 10's instead of 12's.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-26-2010
fraser19's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: calgary alberta
Posts: 275
how did you blow it i have over 2500 watts running in my truck and there fine also kicker has amazing warentys JL ownes them and makes them i had a lock on my gym bag go right through the center of my sub and they sent me a new one for free. kick and JL are the best hands how for value and JL VS ALIPNE varies depending on the product. i fully believe that you did something wrong too blow it they are a strong sub. the levels i run mine are are ****ing crazy and they are as good as the day i got them.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-26-2010
edgerider2002's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboy101 View Post
15" Kicker Solo Baric.
Haha my buddy had two of these in his ranger. The box went from one side to another and from the floor to the middle of the back door. Neither seat went back all the way or leaned back very far. He ended up taking them out because it was to much, and it really was.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-26-2010
fordlife's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lemoore CA/561, Fl
Posts: 773
JL AUDIO!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-26-2010
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
unless u get a solobaric, dont bother with a kicker imo. they are weak, my cvrs sucked but some ppl have good luck with them i guess. my single kappa perfect 12 with a punch 550.2 amp is way better than my old set up with 2 cvr 12s
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-27-2010
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerider2002 View Post
Haha my buddy had two of these in his ranger. The box went from one side to another and from the floor to the middle of the back door. Neither seat went back all the way or leaned back very far. He ended up taking them out because it was to much, and it really was.
I'm just going to have one. Going to push it with a Kicker 750.1 amp.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-27-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueranger789 View Post
as the title says, i blew the 10' kicker cvr that ive had for two months today, so im gonna be getting another sub soon as i have the money to, just wanting some idaes of what youguys and any girls on here think i should get. already had a couple people tell me to get an alpine type R, and have been told i can get a memphis 12 for $89, think it was the power reference. anybody have them? any likes/dislikes?
no warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercrazy07 View Post
kicker sucks my left nut compared to kicker at the watts and set-up i'm running
kicker sucks compaired to kicker? wtf?


i have a 10" shallowmount MTX, the box that it is designed for (instructions in box) fits under the rear seats, if i were to do anything, i would get a second sub for the other side of my truck... it sounds SWEET!

i have pics if interested
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-27-2010
blueranger789's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser19 View Post
how did you blow it i have over 2500 watts running in my truck and there fine also kicker has amazing warentys JL ownes them and makes them i had a lock on my gym bag go right through the center of my sub and they sent me a new one for free. kick and JL are the best hands how for value and JL VS ALIPNE varies depending on the product. i fully believe that you did something wrong too blow it they are a strong sub. the levels i run mine are are ****ing crazy and they are as good as the day i got them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
no warranty?
no bought it off here from clemsonranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonhanson View Post
how do you blow up a kicker cvr?

i've had my 2 tens in my truck for at least 3 years, and i've ran them so so hard lol. i guess i know when not to push it.
turned the amp up to full power and didnt turn down power from headunit then started turning up the volume. and no i dont know when to push it and when not to

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeman4.0 View Post
i told you... get the alpine type r 10" woofer and close this thread. it'll handle the power your amp puts out and the box you built. TRUST ME GODDAMMIT!!!
yeah i trust you know what your talking about, new i can get one for 200, ebay i can get one for 125-150. just need to save the money, and wanted to get some more ideas also
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-27-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
don 't ever turn your amp up more than 3/4 of total (the gain control will be something like -1, -.5, 0, .5, 1, 1.5, i woudln't ever turn it past about .5 to about 1... anything more than that and you will likely overheat your amp, it can be done for short bursts, like if you are showing off your system to a friend or something... but i wouldn't do it for more than 1 song... and even then you are pushing the amp, it's like running your motor with WOT, in the middle of the desert with no rad fan...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-27-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Valdosta,Georgia
Posts: 140
get kickers new subs. They look like they are pretty good.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-27-2010
MothMan999's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 858
SSA Xcon 15 nuff said.
Name:  DSCN0490.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  185.2 KB
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-27-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chula vista ca
Posts: 26
i personally have 2 of these infinity 12's with a 1600 w amp powering them and i love it...you can get 2 12s for 100 bucks...
Infinity 1252w Reference Series 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-27-2010
Pless215's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dewy Rose, GA
Posts: 473
i got a buddy selling two type r 12s in a box built for his ranger with an amp, let me know if you want details...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blew My Kicker L3. Now Looking for a new sub 02slammedranger Audio & Video Tech 13 07-11-2013 07:34 PM
Gonna Get a new Coil Pack...what Plugs should I get? vansnxtweek 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 17 08-13-2008 04:10 PM
whitch sub should i get out of these choices cbranger96 Audio & Video Tech 5 02-03-2008 02:54 PM
shocks r next ...what should i get ? stockranger Suspension Tech 13 01-12-2007 06:31 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:36 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.