Brake Upgrades and new axle - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Drivetrain Tech General discussion of drivetrain for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 05-21-2012
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,765
Why not find a newer Expo Axle and get the discs with the axle, along with the L/S, only thing is you will probably need to re-gear, maybe not if you pick and choose you might find an Expo with 4.10s. ?

Also, if you were mud dragging the 3.73s in the front would be good.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-21-2012
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,666
maybe at a later time. I've already paid for these parts and I'm not in need of any of the extra stuff (i.e. costs) at this time. And I'll be keeping 4.10's


hey if I run these "new" rotors through the shot blast, will they be alright, and will they need to be resurfaced when they come out?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-21-2012
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDirigible View Post
maybe at a later time. I've already paid for these parts and I'm not in need of any of the extra stuff (i.e. costs) at this time. And I'll be keeping 4.10's


hey if I run these "new" rotors through the shot blast, will they be alright, and will they need to be resurfaced when they come out?
what kind of media? I'm assuming slag or metal shot? I think it would be ok. If your worried about the center, just hit it with some sand paper real quick, the brakes will clean up and shine up the rotors within the first 10 or 15 miles.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-21-2012
brinker88's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Williamsport, Pa
Posts: 175
I dont see why all the arguing is going on here. Most ANY junkyard will have a expo or mountaineer disc brake 8.8 with 4.10s and a L/S for UNDER $250. Then all you have to do is mount the damn spring perches on it and be done.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-21-2012
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger View Post
what kind of media? I'm assuming slag or metal shot? I think it would be ok. If your worried about the center, just hit it with some sand paper real quick, the brakes will clean up and shine up the rotors within the first 10 or 15 miles.
metal shot. I'll take my old ones in and run em through, see how they turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinker88 View Post
I dont see why all the arguing is going on here. Most ANY junkyard will have a expo or mountaineer disc brake 8.8 with 4.10s and a L/S for UNDER $250. Then all you have to do is mount the damn spring perches on it and be done.
I'm happy with the direction I've decided to go. I'll keep it in mind though.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-21-2012
brinker88's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Williamsport, Pa
Posts: 175
^ Yea definitely dude. It's the most common axle in those vehicles 4.10s and a L/S
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW!! 4.0L, 3.0l, and 2.9 cutom performance upgrades fourlitrepro 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 16 02-14-2014 02:27 PM
CV Joint and Boot Upgrades l2en Drivetrain Tech 26 03-23-2010 08:12 PM
Questions on tranny and differential upgrades. . . . dangelj316 Drivetrain Tech 10 10-08-2009 10:34 PM
Brake upgrades mlw20lu Drivetrain Tech 0 02-05-2009 06:50 PM
cheap flex upgrades and chevy spring swap?'s gumby Suspension Tech 29 09-05-2006 08:36 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.