Which fog lights - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Exterior Semi-Tech General discussion of exterior for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-10-2005
rangererv's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Posts: 4,376
Which fog lights

So i have decided my next mod for my truck will be fog lights. Which kind of lights would you reccomend?
I just want 2 lights in front. Not ready for the overhead lights yet.
Dont want them on a grill gard either.
How would you reccomend mounting them.
(I was thinking about the drilling them on the bumper, but didnt really want to drill into my bumper.)
Do you think drilling into the valance would hold it?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2005
loneFX4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Summerville,SC
Posts: 955
you could get light tabs that will put them right in front of your grill or use a thing that someone makes that is a front plate holder that has two tabs that mount lights in pretty much the same location. i think youd have to do too much to the valence to mount lights to them, plus those always get knocked out unless theyre factory.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Get the real valance and the real fogs for your year looks alot better then the aftermarket stuff. So I make you Jelous yesterday with all the pics?? BTW those one's are going up in a few min
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2005
LILBLUE04FX4L2's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Exit 105 New Jersey
Posts: 2,409
light tabs....
Christian - you back in business on those yet??
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by LILBLUE04FX4L2
light tabs....
Christian - you back in business on those yet??
i talked to him this weekend he means like acual fog lights like factory or crap but yes light tabs with some KC slimlights would be nice
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2005
rangererv's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Posts: 4,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
Get the real valance and the real fogs for your year looks alot better then the aftermarket stuff. So I make you Jelous yesterday with all the pics?? BTW those one's are going up in a few min

Yes, after looking at the pix I noticed i was the ONLY one without ANY lights. Figured i should prob add some.

BTW when i was at the front of the line driving home and you where in the back, your lights still hit my mirror when you flicked them on. Hopefully one day i will return the favor.....lol.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-11-2005
rangererv's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Posts: 4,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
i talked to him this weekend he means like acual fog lights like factory or crap but yes light tabs with some KC slimlights would be nice
Ya i was thinking about the factory valance, but then again i dont.
Here is why....
Im still deciding on if i should make my 4x2 look good or get a 4x4 to work on. I know everyone says keep the 4x2 cause its a lot of work to sell and buy plus 4x2's are cheaper to lift and drive (gas). (this topic goes back to my first form 4x2 rangers) But... i dont wanna wast money on a 4x2 and pull up to a stock 4x4 that will beat me off road.

Now i know everyone's next question is going to be....
But why spend money on fog lights if im not going to keep the truck?

Well im just brainstorming ideas and hearing your opinion about foglights and how to mont them.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangererv
Yes, after looking at the pix I noticed i was the ONLY one without ANY lights. Figured i should prob add some.

BTW when i was at the front of the line driving home and you where in the back, your lights still hit my mirror when you flicked them on. Hopefully one day i will return the favor.....lol.
highly doubt you will return the favor, Bills truck isnt even hitting the wattage mine is

BTW here is the new part 2 of the meet theres some nice pics of your truck and everone elses https://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2...ead.php?t=5834


also here is one of the stock valances on ebay not bad on price eather http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

I bet if you open the phone book start callin all the junk yards around here u can find a set of stock fogs for your year there is a really good yard out by the airport just start making phone calls

other wise its $44 for a set of BRAND new fogs http://www.parts.com/partlocator/ind...=1&catalogid=2
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-2005
rangererv's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Posts: 4,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
highly doubt you will return the favor, Bills truck isnt even hitting the wattage mine is

BTW here is the new part 2 of the meet theres some nice pics of your truck and everone elses https://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2...ead.php?t=5834


also here is one of the stock valances on ebay not bad on price eather http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

I bet if you open the phone book start callin all the junk yards around here u can find a set of stock fogs for your year there is a really good yard out by the airport just start making phone calls

other wise its $44 for a set of BRAND new fogs http://www.parts.com/partlocator/ind...=1&catalogid=2
O dont worry, I will return the favor (dreaming!!! )
Thanks for the info bout the fog lights
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: 93-97 3rd Gen Fog lights and Fog Light Brackets - GA MugenCRX04 Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 13 03-28-2011 05:41 PM
which fog lights should i get? 97blueranger Exterior Semi-Tech 18 10-06-2010 11:49 AM
Want to Buy: 06-07 factory fog lights, and radio bezel w/fog switch (Oregon) SVT01RANGER Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 9 04-03-2010 01:06 AM
Wiring up fog lights to factory fog light switch. Ranger_Envy General Technical & Electrical 3 07-27-2009 10:05 PM
Fog lights on a non fog light truck... melj2000 General Technical & Electrical 2 09-28-2007 12:12 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.