Removing Truck Bed. - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Exterior Semi-Tech General discussion of exterior for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-08-2005
3906brad's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cedar Hill, TX
Posts: 657
Removing Truck Bed.

I was thinking earlier about when i put the C-Nothces in that it will be easier to remove the bed. I will have to remove the bedliner to remove the bolts, right?

My truck isnt here, so I cant hop out and look, plus, I have only taken the bed off my Chevy, not a smaller truck. No idea how its bolted down.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-08-2005
BaggedEdge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Danville, VA
Posts: 291
Yes, you will have to remove the bedliner there are 6 hex headed bolts holding the bed on and also dont forget to take off the gas filler neck biggest mistake made when removing the bed.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-08-2005
ranger024x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: nova
Posts: 5,061
i think it ether a 55 or 65 torx
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2005
rngprerunner's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Beach CA
Posts: 3,453
Remove the bedliner. There are 6-T-55 Torx head bolts to remove. Remove the gas filler neck by three small bolts in the gas door area. Remove the tail lights. Feed the bulb clips under, unclip the wire loom under the rear of the bed. Have at least two big guys lift up and off the back.

Thats it!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-08-2005
shadyluke's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West Grove, PA
Posts: 2,077
remove the tailgate first too. Saves on weight and protects it from dings.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-08-2005
3906brad's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cedar Hill, TX
Posts: 657
Cool, thanks. Just making sure.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-08-2005
rngprerunner's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Beach CA
Posts: 3,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyluke
remove the tailgate first too. Saves on weight and protects it from dings.
Almost forgot about the tailgate (I dont have one ) take that off too..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-08-2005
ScottG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Posts: 4,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyluke
remove the tailgate first too. Saves on weight and protects it from dings.

its not always a good idea to take off the tailgate, if you happen to drop the bed or put it on uneven ground, it will add wear to the bed and the tailgate will help keep the shape


also, either put the bed on a stand, upsidedown, or on its back, you can also stack tires, 2 stacks of 2, instead of using a stand...

and there is a clip for the taillights under the bed at the driver side corner
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-09-2005
Ride n'low's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 179
Keep the bolts in order when putting back on. there are 3 different sizes. i myself removed my tailgate with my friend because if we didnt when we picked it up the bed would fly back because of the weight
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-09-2005
ScottG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Posts: 4,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride n'low
Keep the bolts in order when putting back on. there are 3 different sizes. i myself removed my tailgate with my friend because if we didnt when we picked it up the bed would fly back because of the weight
damn dude, get buff
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-09-2005
BaggedEdge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Danville, VA
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride n'low
Keep the bolts in order when putting back on. there are 3 different sizes. i myself removed my tailgate with my friend because if we didnt when we picked it up the bed would fly back because of the weight

Huh?? Are you saying the tailgate weighs more then the bed? Or was the tailgate to heavy for u not tryin to make fun of ya? Im lost here please clear this up.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-09-2005
Ride n'low's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 179
im not saying it was heavy, just the heavyiest part of the bed. we took it off because it would sling the whole bed back and we had to lift my bed up quite a bit over my filler neck because it is very cracked and leaks gas when i fill up and did not want to crack it anymore than it already is. also, the guy who bagged my truck did it this way, since hes been in the game for some 10-15 years i thought it would be a semi-good idea?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-09-2005
Ride n'low's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggedEdge
Huh?? Are you saying the tailgate weighs more then the bed? Or was the tailgate to heavy for u not tryin to make fun of ya? Im lost here please clear this up.




Scott is just giving me **** as always.

Smart guy!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-09-2005
BaggedEdge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Danville, VA
Posts: 291
Hahaha, yea I think i did get dumber after I read that post it confused me!

<-- me after reading post.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-09-2005
ScottG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Posts: 4,926
I always give people ****...


but no, i mean, ive taken beds off with and without the tailgate, just depends on whose lifting and if you can throw a third guy on the end
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-09-2005
Ride n'low's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 179
the bed really was not that heavy, just the height we had to lift it up to made it difficult. we did not have a 3rd guy, but yeah ive got your point
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-09-2005
ranger024x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: nova
Posts: 5,061
When i took my bed off, my dad dropped one side close to the ground... Since it is a flare, it spidered the paint alittle
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do you replace truck bed on 02 Ranger Edge stepside bed? lowame General Technical & Electrical 0 10-20-2014 02:39 PM
Removing bed bolts jtslmn720 Exterior Semi-Tech 13 03-10-2010 03:35 AM
Removing Truck Bed relliott General Ford Ranger Discussion 2 05-04-2009 07:08 PM
Removing the Bed - tip Houston_Ranger Exterior Semi-Tech 8 05-20-2007 10:31 AM
Removing bed & Painting Frame r0ng5 Auto Detailing 101 20 01-04-2007 11:58 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:45 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.