Roots Blower - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Forced Induction & N20 Tech General discussion of forced induction and nitrous for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-12-2006
RedRanger02's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 311
Roots Blower

i am sure someone has posted this up before... if not, thank you ford for the 4.0 mustang...

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...005_v6_ho.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-12-2006
got-dirty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sliding in the skreets
Posts: 3,829
thats not a roots blower. the centrifugal.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-12-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ft Hood, TX
Posts: 1,779
sweet find. if i only had money. common problem.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-12-2006
01xltranger4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 3,200
way too much $$
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-12-2006
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Yup...that's a centrifugal s/c...a roots s/c is the Explorer Express.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-12-2006
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
it wont fit.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-12-2006
RedRanger02's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 311
i dont think its too expensive compaired to the EE kit
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-12-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 295
ProCharger kit is making more power.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-2006
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
If i were to put a s/c on mine....since i'm kind of a purist when it comes to performance from the old days...Explorer Express....I'd hit it! I still like seeing that jewel on top of the manifold.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-13-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 6
questions for those with forced inductions [generic]

what about longevirty of pistons and valves with all that extra heat?
what about exhaust manifolds?

I see everyone [?] does 2.5" Cat-back; what is the optimal streetable mod for block-2-Cat?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-16-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 295
Most kits are designed to run with the otherwise stock engines. I know for a fact of a few ProCharged small blocks with over 100k miles with the blower.

A big factor in reliability and power is the bigger intercooler, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-16-2006
NicksterSVT's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01
If i were to put a s/c on mine....since i'm kind of a purist when it comes to performance from the old days...Explorer Express....I'd hit it! I still like seeing that jewel on top of the manifold.

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-16-2006
NicksterSVT's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanted

A big factor in reliability and power is the bigger intercooler, IMO.

And a good tune!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-16-2006
Strider0O0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksterSVT

sooooo pretty!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-16-2006
NicksterSVT's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 1,955
Strider, Did you see the vid of me racin Zach?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-16-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 3,115
I made a post a little while ago that ProCharger also make a system for the V6 mustang. Which does fit the ranger also. Still who has the money ?

There is also head work and cams avalible from supersixmotorsports which to me is a better bang for the buck over a supercharger.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-16-2006
NicksterSVT's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1
I made a post a little while ago that ProCharger also make a system for the V6 mustang. Which does fit the ranger also. Still who has the money ?

There is also head work and cams avalible from supersixmotorsports which to me is a better bang for the buck over a supercharger.

EE kit, built bottom end, SSM Heads and cams.... Now that makes some pretty noise!!! I will warn ANYONE who buys the cams, you HAVE to shim the lifters!!! You cannot use lash caps on the valves!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-16-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksterSVT
EE kit, built bottom end, SSM Heads and cams.... Now that makes some pretty noise!!! I will warn ANYONE who buys the cams, you HAVE to shim the lifters!!! You cannot use lash caps on the valves!!!
Yeah aren't you selling a package or EE kits or something ?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-17-2006
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksterSVT
EE kit, built bottom end, SSM Heads and cams.... Now that makes some pretty noise!!! I will warn ANYONE who buys the cams, you HAVE to shim the lifters!!! You cannot use lash caps on the valves!!!
When Kennedy did my heads and opened them up, he made the same observation. He machined up some stainless valves that would take standard titanium retainers AND caps.

Heads and cams are nice, But I would bet a dollar to a dime, Nick would tell anyone on here what a PITA it is timewise compared to a bolt-on EE kit. The gains with the EE kit is more then a set of heads and cam and less time.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-17-2006
NicksterSVT's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.
When Kennedy did my heads and opened them up, he made the same observation. He machined up some stainless valves that would take standard titanium retainers AND caps.

Heads and cams are nice, But I would bet a dollar to a dime, Nick would tell anyone on here what a PITA it is timewise compared to a bolt-on EE kit. The gains with the EE kit is more then a set of heads and cam and less time.

Thats a BIG 10-4!!! But it was all worth it!!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-19-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksterSVT
And a good tune!!!
On lots of custom parts motors, yes. The tune is very important. On all of the ProChargers I have put on, on otherwise stock engines, no tune is needed. Their fuel pressure regulator needs to be set up right, by the installer our other custom engines do see the dyno for break in and tune.

The stage 2 ProCharger 4.0 kit makes around 400hp. That would be a pretty big cam....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-19-2006
NicksterSVT's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanted
On lots of custom parts motors, yes. The tune is very important. On all of the ProChargers I have put on, on otherwise stock engines, no tune is needed. Their fuel pressure regulator needs to be set up right, by the installer our other custom engines do see the dyno for break in and tune.

The stage 2 ProCharger 4.0 kit makes around 400hp. That would be a pretty big cam....

Dont try to start and argument about tuning. I am a Procharger and Explorer Express installer. I spend hours every week on the dyno, tuning cars with as little as cold air intakes and axle back exhaust systems. ANY modifications to ANY EEC V computer controlled vehicle requires tuning. Procharger's FMU is a waste of time, and a good way to ruin a motor. Stage 2 kit? 400hp? Try it... I want to see it.... When you break pistons, call me and I will have some new ones shipped to you. Use the FMU on the 4.0s. I wanna see how you hook it up.... The regulator is in the FUEL TANK. Once you have completed the 400hp 4.0 without a tune, then post things like this, but until then, keep your nonsense posts to yourself!!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-19-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cape Coral, FL
Posts: 638
Thats hot!!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-19-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksterSVT
Dont try to start and argument about tuning. I am a Procharger and Explorer Express installer. I spend hours every week on the dyno, tuning cars with as little as cold air intakes and axle back exhaust systems. ANY modifications to ANY EEC V computer controlled vehicle requires tuning. Procharger's FMU is a waste of time, and a good way to ruin a motor. Stage 2 kit? 400hp? Try it... I want to see it.... When you break pistons, call me and I will have some new ones shipped to you. Use the FMU on the 4.0s. I wanna see how you hook it up.... The regulator is in the FUEL TANK. Once you have completed the 400hp 4.0 without a tune, then post things like this, but until then, keep your nonsense posts to yourself!!!

1. I have yet to break anything on any non tuned engines.
2. 400hp came from one of the OWNERS OF PROCHARGER.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-19-2006
NicksterSVT's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanted
1. I have yet to break anything on any non tuned engines.
2. 400hp came from one of the OWNERS OF PROCHARGER.
1. Keep it up and it will bite you in your ***
2. Thats all fine and good, but IT WONT LAST


You obviously havent had enough experience to back these claims up, but I am here to tell you, I have learned the hard way............

Edit: Are you telling me that this stage 2 kit will make 400 hp with the stock MAF and Injectors? Wow thats amazing!!! If not, how can you upgrade injectors and MAF without a tune??? YOU CANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by NicksterSVT; 03-19-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fan blower resistor ranger1999 Bob General Technical & Electrical 2 06-27-2008 06:28 PM
Breaking down an Eaton, Roots Style Blower Wheatman Forced Induction & N20 Tech 0 02-25-2008 07:17 PM
Fan Blower Bypass robj749840 General Technical & Electrical 12 01-07-2008 08:37 PM
Blower motor new, but next to no air flow devildog271203 General Technical & Electrical 8 10-27-2007 07:10 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:58 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.