General Technical & Electrical General technical and electrical discussion for the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Clmiate control died.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clmiate control died.

Ok. My problem is my whole climate control unit does not work, and by this I mean the A/C or the blower don't come on.

I looked and checked the fuses to see if they were blown and everything seems fine.

I also tried switching the A/C on max,even with the other settings. I turn the fan as high as it will go and I don't hear the fan inside the cab rather I hear the clicking noise so I know the compressor is on.

It's weird because it was working fine last night and then this morning nothing worked.

What the heck could be the problem?

I just gave this damn truck a friggin tune up yesterday too.

Old 07-04-2006
I know you said that the fan is not running, but check the see if the air is coming from the top (defroster) vents...
You may have a vacuum problem affecting the climate control dampers which default to the defroster mode when vacuum is lost.
IF this is not the situation I will try to help you troubleshoot with the info you have posted.

OR 4x4

Old 07-05-2006
im havin some what the same issue in my 99 ranger. ac compressor turns on but fan stays off on all settings. All fuses are ok. Read up on a few other things leading to the motor resistor, going to check that tonight if that works I will let you know.

Old 07-05-2006
RF Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by lottje
im havin some what the same issue in my 99 ranger. ac compressor turns on but fan stays off on all settings. All fuses are ok. Read up on a few other things leading to the motor resistor, going to check that tonight if that works I will let you know.
To give full power to the blower, the blower resistor block is completely bypassed on the highest fan setting. If the blower isn't working on high, then your problem shouldn't be related to the resistor block.

It is difficult to diagnose your problem long distance but I would guess that you might need a new blower or a blower relay. However, before you buy any replacement parts, check the plug connector underhood at the blower. Sometimes the pins corrode badly, especially in areas where road salt is used.

If the pins look OK, then check the voltage at the blower connector. With the ignition switch on, the fan switch on the high setting and the mode selector anywhere EXCEPT off, there should be battery voltage across the PK/WH and the OG/BK wires.

If voltage is there, you might suspect a bad blower motor.

If it is not, check the blower relay and trace the wires for opens.

Old 07-09-2006
thx bob the relay was shot.