Interior dome Light LEDS - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Discussion General discussion of Ford vehicles not pertaining to the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-16-2010
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Interior dome Light LEDS

im looking for leds to replace my standard bulbs in my f150 my truck has the push lights i guess they are called map lights and the bulb size is 906 can anyone help me find the best leds there is for the interior lights
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2010
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOh View Post
im looking for leds to replace my standard bulbs in my f150 my truck has the push lights i guess they are called map lights and the bulb size is 906 can anyone help me find the best leds there is for the interior lights
Search:

https://www.ranger-forums.com/f18/60...t-pics-110300/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2010
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
ok i search but i dont know my f150 that well yet..im looking for a drop in bulb for my F-150 not ranger
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2010
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOh View Post
ok i search but i dont know my f150 that well yet..im looking for a drop in bulb for my F-150 not ranger
Drop in bulb = Fail.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2010
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
Drop in bulb = Fail.
yea well some of us dont have the experence or time to build **** like you do..im not trying to fab anything in my truck
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2010
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
I like V-LED's for a replacement LED bulb. They are much brighter than stock.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-16-2010
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
I like V-LED's for a replacement LED bulb. They are much brighter than stock.
got a link? im not real familiar with led bulbs..will they fit in the maplights in my 150?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-16-2010
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-16-2010
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
I like V-LED's for a replacement LED bulb. They are much brighter than stock.
Oh give me a break. You know how many replacement PNP's I've tried? Probably wasted $100 on those stupid PNP's just trying to find one half as bright as stock.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-16-2010
KLC's Avatar
KLC KLC is offline
RF Veteran
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
Oh give me a break. You know how many replacement PNP's I've tried? Probably wasted $100 on those stupid PNP's just trying to find one half as bright as stock.
The LED replacement bulbs I bought are definitely brighter than stock. If you get cheap LED's then I would agree. I always go for the latest and greatest, which are expensive. I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't think they were better.

Now the LED replacement I linked in this thread probably isn't any better than the stock incandescent. There isn't a very good selection with that bulb size/number.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-16-2010
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Theres a huge thread on f150online.com about it with exact links.

I used the ones from V-LEDs also, they worked great.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-02-2010
bigandrw's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,407
i know its kinda late in the game now but superbrightleds.com has some good deals. pretty much the same as v-led
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-08-2010
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 559, CA
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
Drop in bulb = Fail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
Probably wasted $100 on those stupid PNP's just trying to find one half as bright as stock.
Bullsh!t. why do you insist on spreading misinformation like this? I used a pair drop-in 921x12 bulbs in my dome light and it's ridiculously bright and I get tons of compliments on it.

I just threw some WLEDx5 wide-angle cool-white plugins in my expo HVAC and it looks amazing, no hotspots and much brighter than stock, almost too bright. I know inside you cant stand the idea of people having success with plugins but you need a reality check.

Last edited by gts007; 12-08-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-08-2010
bigandrw's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,407
Yea drop ins are great. Especially if you don't have the time or really care about jp7's stuff
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-08-2010
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts007 View Post
Bullsh!t. why do you insist on spreading misinformation like this? I used a pair drop-in 921x12 bulbs in my dome light and it's ridiculously bright and I get tons of compliments on it.

I just threw some WLEDx5 wide-angle cool-white plugins in my expo HVAC and it looks amazing, no hotspots and much brighter than stock, almost too bright. I know inside you cant stand the idea of people having success with plugins but you need a reality check.
Last time I checked I was the one getting PM's left and right saying "oh can I please buy your LED parts for my truck."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-08-2010
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 559, CA
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
Last time I checked I was the one getting PM's left and right saying "oh can I please buy your LED parts for my truck."
aaaaaaahahahahahaa THATs your response?

Sad. Come back when you have a point to make
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-08-2010
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts007 View Post
aaaaaaahahahahahaa THATs your response?

Sad. Come back when you have a point to make
The comments on my lighting projects and opinions, requests of others make the point for me. (along with my customer base)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-08-2010
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 559, CA
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
The comments on my lighting projects and opinions, requests of others make the point for me. (along with my customer base)
you know what im going to start doing with you, i'm just going to keep replying to you with the same thing over and over since you can't get it through your thick skull that there are so many ppl whove had great results with plugins and don't need you for anything. If you argue that, then youre dumb and in denial.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gts007 View Post
I just threw some WLEDx5 wide-angle cool-white plugins in my expo HVAC and it looks amazing, no hotspots and much brighter than stock, almost too bright. I know inside you cant stand the idea of people having success with plugins but you need a reality check.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-08-2010
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts007 View Post
you know what im going to start doing with you, i'm just going to keep replying to you with the same thing over and over since you can't get it through your thick skull that there are so many ppl whove had great results with plugins and don't need you for anything. If you argue that, then youre dumb and in denial.
Don't tell me, tell everyone else. I'll just forward them your way.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-08-2010
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 559, CA
Posts: 1,174
see, you have alot of led knowledge and skill but youve clearly let it go to your head. I don't care if you can make the f****** space shuttle visible from earth, you're arrogant and ignorant and youre in denial that your way isn't the only way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts007 View Post
I just threw some WLEDx5 wide-angle cool-white plugins in my expo HVAC and it looks amazing, no hotspots and much brighter than stock, almost too bright. I know inside you cant stand the idea of people having success with plugins but you need a reality check.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-08-2010
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts007 View Post
see, you have alot of led knowledge and skill but youve clearly let it go to your head. I don't care if you can make the f****** space shuttle visible from earth, you're arrogant and ignorant and youre in denial that your way isn't the only way.
Give this man a trophy!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-08-2010
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-08-2010
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts007 View Post
see, you have alot of led knowledge and skill but youve clearly let it go to your head. I don't care if you can make the f****** space shuttle visible from earth, you're arrogant and ignorant and youre in denial that your way isn't the only way.
Never said anything about it being the only way, just being the best way. And it's not "my way". I didn't invent this, I did the research, and just learned how to do it. Basic principles of optics make it fairly obvious why it gives the best results.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-08-2010
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 559, CA
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
Never said anything about it being the only way, just being the best way. And it's not "my way". I didn't invent this, I did the research, and just learned how to do it. Basic principles of optics make it fairly obvious why it gives the best results.
but why the constant sh** talk on PNP's? Its excessive and youre spreading misinformation about them. That mentality of yours irritates the crap out of me. What is it? Is is that you feel threatened by them because they could take business away from you?

and what are the 'best results'? By 'best' do you mean 'brightest'? That can be true for some things but not others. A ridiculously bright gauge cluster may be the best to you but that just fatigues my eyes. And since there are plugins that will make gauges perceivably brighter than and just as even as the stock incandescents, I dont see how adding strips to your gauge cluster produces the 'best' results unless we're just talking opinion

Last edited by gts007; 12-08-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-08-2010
buggman's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dougal County
Posts: 1,648
I've been using "cheap" plug-ins for a while & they're definitely brighter than the old stock bulbs. I've also used "expensive" plug-ins that didn't seem to output much more light than their cheap counterparts.

At least with the cheap ones, you get instant results for minimal investment. If you don't like 'em, change 'em back & you're not out much money.

I too, have done my share of LED mods & you can definitely get brighter setups by making your own custom panels, but most people don't have the knowledge, tools or skill required to make a setup work.

- - To the OP, if you still want some plug-ins drop me a PM & we'll see what we can come up with.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: h11 leds with 68 leds in each light - GA imprezu Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 12 10-21-2010 12:27 PM
Gray/black OHC, Taurus Dome Light, Stock 3 bulb dome light- GA MugenCRX04 Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 10 08-03-2009 08:11 PM
Explorer/Mustang Dome light vs. Stock 3 bulb Dome slowrey Interior Semi-Tech 15 05-23-2009 09:05 PM
Interior dome light replacement Greatkiller Interior Semi-Tech 1 04-11-2007 08:57 AM
question on the interior dome light cbranger96 Interior Semi-Tech 4 10-04-2006 07:10 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:06 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.