Awww Crap... - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 02-02-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
20k?? That's amazing!! I would probably do it.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-02-2009
02oregonedge+'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: OR!
Posts: 1,086
Keep the ranger She's a beauty, a really fast beauty!!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-02-2009
Jeromeo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Posts: 258
I went from a F150 5.4L v8 to a ranger because of the gas. I had no need for such a big truck. Trust me it's quite a difference.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-05-2009
jimd1050's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plainville, MA
Posts: 148
Icon6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeo View Post
I went from a F150 5.4L v8 to a ranger because of the gas. I had no need for such a big truck. Trust me it's quite a difference.
Go back to Post #17 - I can't haul a slide in camper on the Ranger. That's the main reason for this move... my Ranger only gets 12 - 14 MPG city with the Supercharger so it's no big deal.

Test drives Saturday - got a Crew Cab and an Extended Cab to try out, both with 5.4's. I'll update after we're done...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-05-2009
Jeromeo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Posts: 258
then go for it seems like you already convinced yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-05-2009
SparkYZ's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Posts: 679
why not get a tent trailer? some are very nice and have bathrooms...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-05-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
I'd get the bigger tuck. Good luck man.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-05-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
i wouldnt but thats me
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-05-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
get the crew cab! i know i love mine
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-06-2009
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
6.4L PSD
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-06-2009
jkl2455's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: honolulu, hawaii
Posts: 43
5.4 in a F250 ?
Even the V-10 is a dog, at least it gives 8 mpg, going downhill that is
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-06-2009
jimd1050's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plainville, MA
Posts: 148
Icon6 No tents or trailers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkYZ View Post
why not get a tent trailer? some are very nice and have bathrooms...
The State beaches require a "Fully, self contained camper" which they translate to "slide in, on truck" or "ORV style" driveable camper. That's why - plus the wife isn't the tent type!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-06-2009
jimd1050's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plainville, MA
Posts: 148
Icon6 Minor mods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl2455 View Post
5.4 in a F250 ?
Even the V-10 is a dog, at least it gives 8 mpg, going downhill that is
Cold air intake, Catback exhaust and a great tuner adds 25 - 30 HP and increases fuel mileage on the 5.4 - have friend who has done it. The guy that did my Ranger lift has a V10 and has all that plus headers, throttle body spacer and a new MAF unit - that Super Duty BOOKS! I've been in it...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-06-2009
jimd1050's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plainville, MA
Posts: 148
Icon6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
6.4L PSD
6.4L PSD = $6847.00 option - OUCH!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-06-2009
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
yeah i forgot about that haha.....i say since ur down at the cape a lot go for it man....be more comfortable in the beast lol. good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-10-2009
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
ok i back u up 100% on this one now. i just drove a 350 with the same engine and it averaged 11.5 MPG (unless the thing on the dash is wrong) which isn't bad and its got *****.
only had 12k miles on it
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-10-2009
Motorcraft's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Franklin MA
Posts: 240
the 5.4L in a superduty aint that bad, my father has had two superdutys with 5.4L both manuals tho. The trucks pulled anything and everything and still had great power for a 23ft long truck.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-21-2009
jimd1050's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plainville, MA
Posts: 148
Icon6 Done!

I got caught in the President's Day Weekend Sale-a-thon thing. Patti and I spent all day Sunday and Monday at Ford Dealers (and one Dodge place). Late Monday afternoon - I did it.



2008 F250 XLT Extended Cab with 4X4 Off Road package and 6.4l Powerstroke Diesel. Thanks for all the opinions... it helped! First up... wheels and tires!

Oh yeah, the diesel came because of the 2008 leftover incentives. I would not have ordered one because of the price!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-21-2009
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
I heard from Aaron the other day that you did this. Looks good but isn't the same.

When is the cap, lift, bumper and all that good stuff coming? lol
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-21-2009
leadfoot's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 894
What beaches do you go to, Nausett, Race Point? My dad had a F350 with a Lance camper and we would always camp the weekend on the beach. The F350 had the Triton V10 and would be floored going up the hills on the highway with the camper, but it kept up with traffic. My dad sold the superduty and camper to buy a boat, so now we have to stay in a hotel when we drive on the beech. My dad averaged 11mpg with the v10 and his friend averages 16mpg with the 6.4 powerstroke so good luck. Have you picked up a camper yet?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-22-2009
jimd1050's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plainville, MA
Posts: 148
Icon6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98liftedranger View Post
I heard from Aaron the other day that you did this. Looks good but isn't the same.

When is the cap, lift, bumper and all that good stuff coming? lol
lol - Wheels and Tires first (these are buck ugly) - Leer hard tonneau, I think - because a slide-in camper is in the future (easier to take off when the camper goes in) - The guys at WC that lifted the Ranger already have a used Skyjacker 6" put away that they're trying to talk me into (we'll see) - No Bumper! - lastly, a cold air intake and a tuner for the diesel... that's it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot View Post
What beaches do you go to, Nausett, Race Point? My dad had a F350 with a Lance camper and we would always camp the weekend on the beach. The F350 had the Triton V10 and would be floored going up the hills on the highway with the camper, but it kept up with traffic. My dad sold the superduty and camper to buy a boat, so now we have to stay in a hotel when we drive on the beech. My dad averaged 11mpg with the v10 and his friend averages 16mpg with the 6.4 powerstroke so good luck. Have you picked up a camper yet?
We go to Sandy Neck Beach in Barnstable and once I have the camper, maybe Welfleet once in a while. The Powerstoke has plenty of torque and should be fine with a camper... don't have it yet. Have to save some cash now...
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-22-2009
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
looks good. glad you ended up with a diesel.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-22-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
nice ride! you will love the diesel
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-22-2009
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd1050 View Post
lol - Wheels and Tires first (these are buck ugly) - Leer hard tonneau, I think - because a slide-in camper is in the future (easier to take off when the camper goes in) - The guys at WC that lifted the Ranger already have a used Skyjacker 6" put away that they're trying to talk me into (we'll see) - No Bumper! - lastly, a cold air intake and a tuner for the diesel... that's it!!!
So what I understand from that post is,

I am getting a 6" skyjacker lift and 37's in the next week, something for the motor because one turbo isn't enough. And my winch will be here soon.


Is that what you said?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-22-2009
jimd1050's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plainville, MA
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98liftedranger View Post
So what I understand from that post is,

I am getting a 6" skyjacker lift and 37's in the next week, something for the motor because one turbo isn't enough. And my winch will be here soon.


Is that what you said?
NO! You missed the part about "I have a car loan again!" (35's and it already has twin turbos)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Awww =( Prerunner-Ranger 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 19 12-19-2008 11:33 PM
awww, crap, theres a puddle under my truck 3.0Backfire General Ford Ranger Discussion 35 11-30-2008 08:16 PM
HOLY CRAP - my new system Chodemnky Audio & Video Tech 8 06-07-2005 12:36 PM
what the crap is this? TippnOver Ranger-Forums Office 25 03-16-2005 10:51 AM
Crap... eXtremePC Drivetrain Tech 6 02-10-2005 04:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:55 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.