Comes time to get a new truck. - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 12-05-2010
Nckdula's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Jordan UT
Posts: 178
Comes time to get a new truck.

If any of you read my last post on this, that i wanted o get a Dodge Cummins, well i changed my mind drastically.
I don't know what i was thinking, i want a real truck, real American muscle, i would love to get a 70's Chevy, or Ford with a good engine like a 350.

These are real trucks, the engine compartment basically consists of an engine, tranny, and battery, you know a real truck, none of this computers and stuff they have after the 90's.

I want a rebuilt 350 with a big cam, cause really the sound that comes from that will make your ears have an orgasm, and the smell of burnt fuel when you start up an old tuck like that.

I really can't wait.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-05-2010
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Go buy yourself a ford early bronco then.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-05-2010
01RangerEdge's Avatar
Scrambles the DeathDealer
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MO
Posts: 7,598
I have 2 77 Fords, I absolutely love them. One has a 351M the other a 400M. The blocks are the same, just different crank.

The 460's were nasty engines, mildly built they make over 400 HP/450 ftlbs easily.

You can't go wrong with the 73-79 Fords. The 78-79 Bronco's are awesome too.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-2010
Nckdula's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Jordan UT
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ak_Ranger View Post
Go buy yourself a ford early bronco then.
Yeah but those don't have that bad a*s look like this 79 Silverado.
79 chevy silverado image by murf56 on Photobucket
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-2010
evilclown312's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Logan ohio
Posts: 2,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nckdula View Post
Yeah but those don't have that bad a*s look like this 79 Silverado.
79 chevy silverado image by murf56 on Photobucket
But this does :)

Name:  bigsexy.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  103.2 KB
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-2010
Nckdula's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Jordan UT
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilclown312 View Post
But this does :)

Well that's not a Bronco, and yes i would kill to have that, or one of them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-2010
MothMan999's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 858
EFI ftw!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2010
cchsbuzz19's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilclown312 View Post
But this does :)

Absolutely love that body style!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-06-2010
JoshK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CC, Indiana
Posts: 3,832
Is this going to be a DD?

If so I would not want any of the trucks your talking about. They would be fun to play with but MPG would be terrible let alone how reliable do you think a 40 year old truck will be?

If your choices are early Chevy/Ford or a cummins I would go with the 12v cummins. They barley have any electrical. You tune them with a wrench lol
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-06-2010
The SuperDookie Ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nckdula View Post
If any of you read my last post on this, that i wanted o get a Dodge Cummins, well i changed my mind drastically.
I don't know what i was thinking, i want a real truck, real American muscle, i would love to get a 70's Chevy, or Ford with a good engine like a 350.

These are real trucks, the engine compartment basically consists of an engine, tranny, and battery, you know a real truck, none of this computers and stuff they have after the 90's.

I want a rebuilt 350 with a big cam, cause really the sound that comes from that will make your ears have an orgasm, and the smell of burnt fuel when you start up an old tuck like that.

I really can't wait.
Ummm a dodge "cummins", will walk all over those old-time American muscle trucks.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-06-2010
The SuperDookie Ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
Is this going to be a DD?

If so I would not want any of the trucks your talking about. They would be fun to play with but MPG would be terrible let alone how reliable do you think a 40 year old truck will be?

If your choices are early Chevy/Ford or a cummins I would go with the 12v cummins. They barley have any electrical. You tune them with a wrench lol
Agreed, saying you need a wrench might be overdoing it.....lol
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-06-2010
01RangerEdge's Avatar
Scrambles the DeathDealer
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MO
Posts: 7,598
My 77 with a 351M gets 7 MPG on good days.

But the Ranger is my DD
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-06-2010
JoshK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CC, Indiana
Posts: 3,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SuperDookie Ranger View Post
Agreed, saying you need a wrench might be overdoing it.....lol
Wrenches lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello, new to the Forum...Old when it comes to Rangers ScottRogers Member Introductions 26 03-31-2009 07:34 PM
what comes next for a street truck 92extcab Exterior Semi-Tech 2 07-17-2008 06:32 PM
There comes a time in every truck's life.... Alon General Ford Ranger Discussion 53 12-01-2007 08:07 AM
Overdrive light just comes on and blinks??????? Sting00 Ranger-Forums Office 7 07-27-2006 06:41 PM
ABS light comes on...sometimes jtfoxman General Ford Ranger Discussion 6 07-25-2005 11:31 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:02 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.