Ford is in trouble, big time! - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 12-24-2006
Jeremy102579's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Tonawanda, NY
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X2XLT
yea and the fact that if i were to buy new id get a Tacoma hands down before a ranger...
i hear you man, i love my ranger, but tacomas are awesome.......you just cant beat them.............. point simple, point blank.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-24-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 1,072
Went to Ford a few weeks ago to get the oil changed. While waiting, I checked out some of the new F150's and Expeditions. New Expedition, nicely loaded - $45K.

I told the salesman that my friend just bought his wife a decked out Dodge Durango (DVD player, tow package, big V8) for $24K.

Saleman said "yeah, but does it have the crash worthiness of the Ford"

Just shook my head.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-24-2006
LILBLUE04FX4L2's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Exit 105 New Jersey
Posts: 2,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie789456
ha i got my 06' 2wd xl 3.0 new for 12,500!!! its got a cd player limited silp 3.73 with the level 2 upgrade with 31 spline axles!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-24-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTank
Went to Ford a few weeks ago to get the oil changed. While waiting, I checked out some of the new F150's and Expeditions. New Expedition, nicely loaded - $45K.

I told the salesman that my friend just bought his wife a decked out Dodge Durango (DVD player, tow package, big V8) for $24K.

Saleman said "yeah, but does it have the crash worthiness of the Ford"

Just shook my head.
Whoa! Apples to oranges there! a Durango would be competing with a Explorer in class, and my wife just bought a 2006 Explorer new for $22,500! And the Explorer rides alot nicer with it's IRS and stability control. If you don't like Fords, what are you doing on this forum anyway?????
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-24-2006
D.
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
A powerful 4 banger. Ever notice how people post their horsepower numbers and NOT Torque ( usable energy )?

I'm sorry Dave, That 4banger in said Heep doesnt have the usable ' power ' that an SOHC engine does.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-24-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy102579
i hear you man, i love my ranger, but tacomas are awesome.......you just cant beat them.............. point simple, point blank.
Unless your 6' 7" like me, I have more room in my Ranger than in the various Tacomas I've sat in. I can barely get my legs under the wheel... As for the compass...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-24-2006
2003Ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Lyon, Michigan
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo
Whoa! Apples to oranges there! a Durango would be competing with a Explorer in class, and my wife just bought a 2006 Explorer new for $22,500! And the Explorer rides alot nicer with it's IRS and stability control. If you don't like Fords, what are you doing on this forum anyway?????
Actually if you goto Edmunds or anyother car comparison site they have the Expedition and Durango in the same class.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-24-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie789456
ha i got my 06' 2wd xl 3.0 new for 12,500!!! its got a cd player limited silp 3.73 with the level 2 upgrade with 31 spline axles!!!!!!
HAHAHAH OMG... thats some funny **** lol did you get the 4.6L option too!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-24-2006
67cobain94's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Posts: 708
The Compass is a good vehicle it's just too damned small. It's the same as the Caliber and everyone who owns one thusfar has been really pleased with it. They're good to drive and good fuel mileage I like them.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-24-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
HAHAHAH OMG... thats some funny **** lol did you get the 4.6L option too!!!!

lmao no they gave him the 5.4 supercharged with a corvette 6 speed tranny...for 12,500 i think someone missed or didnt read something right..*shaking head* that'll be the day!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-24-2006
04 EDGE
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockledge
If you compare the Compass with it's true Ford counterpart, the Escape (and the Mercury Mariner), you will see that your sister really didn't get much more of anything that FML doesn't already offer for a similar price. There's nothing special about the Compass.
actuley the ford counterpart will be the new ford EDGE and you can get one next month with all the same options around the same MSRP.

this is built on the new mazda CX7? platform and is AWD
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-24-2006
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 5,782
Jeeps are junk anyways. Even their wonderful "Rubicon" is way over-hyped, but I know that horse has been beaten to death on these boards already.

I don't know what this has to do with Ford being in trouble either.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-24-2006
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy102579
i hear you man, i love my ranger, but tacomas are awesome.......you just cant beat them.............. point simple, point blank.
A tacoma's great if you want to drop an extra 10k on the truck. For that price, I'll go full-size thanks.

Toyota builds a great truck, but they're VERY expensive IMO and offer very little as far as rebates.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-24-2006
dixieranger44
Unregistered User
 
Posts: n/a
yea but its a compass.... enough said
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-24-2006
FMD's Avatar
FMD FMD is offline
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Amherst NY
Posts: 3,811
I love starting these threads that make yall think. not to mention get hundreds of views with in a day
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-24-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
make me think? what make me think your losing it?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-24-2006
HAZZARDJOHN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wyoming MN
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msl747
Unless your 6' 7" like me, I have more room in my Ranger than in the various Tacomas I've sat in. I can barely get my legs under the wheel... As for the compass...
Are you Kidding? I am 6' 4" and I have to have the Seat reclined in a Ranger just to sit in it, The Tacomas are WAYYYYY more comfortable than a Ranger! Are you sure you aren't talking about 04 and Down Tacomas? I was as Cramped as I could stand in my Rangers, I would Drive for days in a Tacoma.

~HJ
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-24-2006
HAZZARDJOHN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wyoming MN
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead61
A tacoma's great if you want to drop an extra 10k on the truck. For that price, I'll go full-size thanks.

Toyota builds a great truck, but they're VERY expensive IMO and offer very little as far as rebates.
They Have great Trade in Value though, Let's say I Buy a New Level II Ranger and Pay 22K (Price I was Quotede from my dealer buddy in August) and I buy a Equivelant TRD Access Cab 4x4 Sport (Coolest packeage) for 24K(quoted in August) . Now I drive them both off the lot and the ranger is worth about 17K, well the Tacoma is still easily worth 22K. Not to mention the better off roading, gas mileage, look IMO, interior room, Fit and finish. Now I have trouble buying a Toyota just because I think my Grandfather who fought in WWII would kick my **** for buying a Japanese or German vehicle, But they are a better bargain if you ook at it without any predjudice. My big pet peeve is, Why can't the unions understand that if we don't start building quality here, noone is going to buy american cars.

~HJ
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-24-2006
2003stealthedge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The ILL State
Posts: 1,297
i love taco's!!!!! Even the pink ones
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-25-2006
Bhavesh's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: City, State
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead61
Toyota builds a great truck, but they're VERY expensive IMO and offer very little as far as rebates.
this is my qualm...toyota doesn't make the cheapest 1/4 ton pickup; they make the best quality one

So vice versa: Ford doesn't make the best quality 1/4 ton p/u, they make one that's cheapest for them to make and they can sell it because it fits a niche (light duty 1/4 ton pu).

This becomes an issue in two ways for me (note...this is for me, not anyone else, but the argument can still hold true regardless):

1. when I'm looking to spend $6,000 on a used truck. After owning the ranger and having been around equivalent (age/engine size/body/drivetrain) tacoma's or toyota truck, I think I'd prefer to buy an older toyota truck rather than an older ranger.

2. let's say, for whatever reason (gas mileage, size, etc.) I didn't want the a full-size truck...so if I'm looking to buy a new truck that's a 1/4-ton, I want the good one, so I'd prefer to get a tacoma
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-25-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 119
Isn't the Ranger rated for around 1,200lbs of payload? If so, alot more like 1/2 ton, not 1/4 ton!!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-25-2006
Rockledge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavesh
toyota doesn't make the cheapest 1/4 ton pickup; they make the best quality one...
Not according to JD Power's 2006 "Vehicle Dependability Study" which placed the Tacoma behind the Ranger in the "Midsize Pickup" category:

Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-25-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo
Whoa! Apples to oranges there! a Durango would be competing with a Explorer in class, and my wife just bought a 2006 Explorer new for $22,500! And the Explorer rides alot nicer with it's IRS and stability control. If you don't like Fords, what are you doing on this forum anyway?????

Obviously I'm just here to take abuse for voicing my opinions. I guess that's why I don't post much anymore. Thanks for reinforcing my decision to distance myself from this forum.

BTW, both vehicles are 8 passanger, V8, and around 200 inches long. The Ford is wider, but in terms of SUV's the Durango is as big as Dodge goes. I was very surprised how large they are in size, so I decided the Ford Expe would be the best comparison.

I was mainly posting in response to the fact that Ford is in trouble, and their inflated pricing isn't helping the issue. Neither is their sales staff.

I could argue the point further, but I'm now asking myself "what are you doing on this forum anyway????? "
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-25-2006
l2en's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTank
I could argue the point further, but I'm now asking myself "what are you doing on this forum anyway????? "
lol
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-25-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTank
Obviously I'm just here to take abuse for voicing my opinions. I guess that's why I don't post much anymore. Thanks for reinforcing my decision to distance myself from this forum.

BTW, both vehicles are 8 passanger, V8, and around 200 inches long. The Ford is wider, but in terms of SUV's the Durango is as big as Dodge goes. I was very surprised how large they are in size, so I decided the Ford Expe would be the best comparison.

I was mainly posting in response to the fact that Ford is in trouble, and their inflated pricing isn't helping the issue. Neither is their sales staff.

I could argue the point further, but I'm now asking myself "what are you doing on this forum anyway????? "
Aww, jeez, don't take it to heart! You just came on a Ford forum telling all of us proud Ford owners what a POS we all drive compared to a vehicle of another brand that your sister bought, and we aren't "DISTANCING" ourselves from you or the forum, and in my case my Fords....It's a forum, meant for voicing opinions and sharing useful information......There ain't none of us campaining for President of the United States here. Relax, enjoy, and take it like a grain of salt..... We still luv ya man!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My big truck project (big pics) BigMan Project Logs 38 05-29-2008 09:13 PM
Trouble Trouble.. Alex98 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 0 11-10-2007 04:22 PM
the big three, Big 3 karrbass4life General Ford Ranger Discussion 5 10-31-2007 03:06 PM
big trouble with ball joints Matt3203 Suspension Tech 15 10-18-2007 06:32 PM
Anyone have Big O Big Foot XTs? IR0NS1N Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 9 03-07-2007 11:15 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:27 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.