Hey did you knpow that Ford made a Ranger with a 5.4 V8 in it factory!!!??? LOL - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 01-03-2010
teambluemxer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: OH
Posts: 94
idk man i out pulled my bros 4.3 s10

and i got a 3.0 but then again its a chevy
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-03-2010
Melt's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm757 View Post
I thought 04 was the first year they put those in
really?

rangers have been offered with a 4.0 for a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-03-2010
btm757's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norfolk / Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melt View Post
really?

rangers have been offered with a 4.0 for a long time.
really no not really haha

im not that dumb haha
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-03-2010
darkstar_420's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: sk
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleary15 View Post
i still havent got my cruise control fixed lol is that bad?
lol, you might as well get it fixed, its free and takes 2 seconds, plus that way your truck wont "catch fire"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-03-2010
btm757's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norfolk / Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar_420 View Post
lol, you might as well get it fixed, its free and takes 2 seconds, plus that way your truck wont "catch fire"
i think it was a joke cause he did a 5.0 swap
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-03-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
lol
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-04-2010
Original_ranger84's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Homer, Ak
Posts: 85
Well technically the Lightning bolt ranger is a factory truck because they used all stock parts to my knowledge, meaning if you broke a part you could order a stock f150 whatever and it would fit right in. very little modifications were made too it. granted they only made one ,and they should have put the v8 in it but then it takes away from all the guys that worked hard and knew what they were doing putting a v8 in thier rangers if some newbie could just walk up to a dealer and order one.

Yes that guy is full of crap... lol my friend always BS's me saying his Sameri with stock everything and 31" tires still gets 30 MPG even with the little 1.3L motor. Or that his dodge can pull off 28 with him romping it. or the fact that he said he could do 85 in 3rd gear at only 2500 rpm's in his moms mustang. BSers are out there and most of us are smart enough to not believe them.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-04-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original_ranger84 View Post
Well technically the Lightning bolt ranger is a factory truck because they used all stock parts to my knowledge, meaning if you broke a part you could order a stock f150 whatever and it would fit right in. very little modifications were made too it. granted they only made one ,and they should have put the v8 in it but then it takes away from all the guys that worked hard and knew what they were doing putting a v8 in thier rangers if some newbie could just walk up to a dealer and order one.

Yes that guy is full of crap... lol my friend always BS's me saying his Sameri with stock everything and 31" tires still gets 30 MPG even with the little 1.3L motor. Or that his dodge can pull off 28 with him romping it. or the fact that he said he could do 85 in 3rd gear at only 2500 rpm's in his moms mustang. BSers are out there and most of us are smart enough to not believe them.
sadly, the mustang gears aren't actually that far off, mine, i can do over 200 km/h in 3rd gear i believe it was... i know 4th gear topped out at 245km/hish (153mph) and 260 (160mph) is 3500 rpm in 5th gear

29" rear tires, .68 5th gear and 2.73 rear end 1:1 4th gear, forget what 3rd was...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-04-2010
Original_ranger84's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Homer, Ak
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
sadly, the mustang gears aren't actually that far off, mine, i can do over 200 km/h in 3rd gear i believe it was... i know 4th gear topped out at 245km/hish (153mph) and 260 (160mph) is 3500 rpm in 5th gear

29" rear tires, .68 5th gear and 2.73 rear end 1:1 4th gear, forget what 3rd was...
But what year and sub model is it?

His moms stang is like an 06 with the 4.0L and whatever gearing...
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-04-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
oh ya that would make a difference... mine is an 89 5L LX hatch back, with the hiway gears (2.73's) they also came with 3.08's 3.23's 3.65's? and i think you could get 3.73's i know they were popular, not sure if they were stock though... i know 4.10's were common, but i am 90% sure were not stock in any way shape or form, i knew a guy who had an early 80's stang, with 4.11's and he claimed they were stock, but i don't know
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-04-2010
Original_ranger84's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Homer, Ak
Posts: 85
I think my friend was boasting about it having 3.73's... because of the 4.0l instead of 3.08s or something like the v8's would have...
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-04-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
lol, 3.73's he would probably be doing 3500 rpm in 5th at 60mph... i did 2500rpm at about 65-70 in 5th with my 2.73's, i'm pretty sure the trans gears are different though, my 4L(ranger), is .78 5th
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-04-2010
Original_ranger84's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Homer, Ak
Posts: 85
Yeah... I know he was cause he is a constant BS'er. lol

I love the guy but its annoying when he exaggerates, I mean I exaggerate from time to time but its obsured, but he trys to convince people its true. IDK we all have idiots in our lives lol
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-04-2010
Ranger Wannabe's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisa, KY
Posts: 76
I love people that try to pull that crap, it gives me a good laugh and story to tell later. Its even better when they try to tell you how something works and its something you know inside and out. In that case I just let them finish and then correct everything they said, its great to leave them with a dumb look on their face
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-04-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Wannabe View Post
I love people that try to pull that crap, it gives me a good laugh and story to tell later. Its even better when they try to tell you how something works and its something you know inside and out. In that case I just let them finish and then correct everything they said, its great to leave them with a dumb look on their face
better than that, the guy who you try to correct but is so adament that he tells you you don't know what your talking about, i like to give them more rope :D pull a "hey, you know who was just asking about that?" and go send them to someone who is even more thick headed than them :D

not meaning to 1-up ya...
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-04-2010
94Ranger355's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Athens, TN
Posts: 616
Icon9 >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
The lightning bolt Ranger did in fact have a supercharged 5.4 in it, but it was only a concept vehicle.
PickupTruck.Com - First Drive: Ford SVT Lightning Bolt Ranger
======================================
CONCEPT's are always BADAZZ...............then the political part of the manufacturer steps in and boom, it's gone!

Couldn't build a SWEET BADAZZ truck like the Lightning Bolt Ranger and have it whoop a Mustang's azz!!!

Last edited by 94Ranger355; 01-04-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spellin
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-04-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Ranger355 View Post
======================================
CONCEPT's are always BADAZZ...............then the political part of the manufacturer steps in and boom, it's gone!

Couldn't build a SWEET BADAZZ truck like the Lightning Bolt Ranger and have it whoop a Mustang's azz!!!
#1 reason the SHO package on the taurus was dialed down, and cost $10 000, the origional concept was cheap, and faster than the 5.0's
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-05-2010
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 559, CA
Posts: 1,174
yeah my high school band director was like that, so full of ****, he claimed stuff like his stock '78 Dodge Coronet could keep up with Ferraris if he filled the tank with acetone and crap like that. And he once drove from the west coast to the east coast in 24 hours and **** like that
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-05-2010
fx4wannabe's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodbridge,Va
Posts: 357
f the 5.4 grow some ***** and drop a cummins in that puppy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BBqWFTxFQ0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
did you see what i just did there? SVT01RANGER Snapshots 17 04-30-2010 11:30 AM
Hey Hey Hey from Sin City Cheeky Member Introductions 23 09-24-2008 02:08 AM
Hey Hey Hey Skyjacker_44 General Ford Ranger Discussion 29 01-16-2006 12:30 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:27 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.