I wasnt lying! - Page 4 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #76  
Old 07-18-2009
Ranger_Envy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newton, Ks
Posts: 845
My buddy bought a low mileage 03 ZR2. I was really considering buying one myself then I began to see it has had so many stupid little problems. A/C controls, power window motors, 3rd door handle, door bushings, Engine codes all the time. I also think GM's have no resale anymore, no one wants to own a vehicle by Govt Motors, who knows if GM will be around in 3 yrs. I think he's jealous of my New Ranger.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-18-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperX103 View Post

However, in answer to your question about why people are down on your D-Max engines? YOU'RE POSTING THIS ON A FORD FORUM! Of course people are going to be biased against Chevy/GMC products. Some of it may be factual... some of it may simply be complete and utter opinion. But go post this same thread on a Chevy / GMC forum and you'll have answers significantly different. Sucks that you sold your Ranger. I hope it was a good truck for you while you had it. Best of luck with the new truck, whatever it may be.
then why do we all like the cummins?
its NOT owned by ford.. despite what anyone says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
I cant wait till Toyota makes a Diesel Tundra... Just sayin
it would be nice to have a 3/4 or 1 ton chassis under such a ****ing huge body..
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-19-2009
DisturbedESV's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,115
I'm not gonna hate on the duramax too much.... but please tell me youre kidding with the s10... I'm all about gettin' a bigger truck if you're about that but I've not heard a single good thing about those trucks... and look around.... all the fleet trucks that are diesel are rarely a chevy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrucknGolf View Post
And when It comes down to it I bet everyone
would rather have a duramax then there ranger.
I'll bet you... let's start a poll... I could use the money...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tys 4x4 FTW View Post
but really. an S10 is a step down from a ranger. and thats pretty hard to do.
LMAO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I'd rather have a ZR2 offroad S10 than my Ranger.
You don't even like your ranger... you'd probably take a prius over is so you don't count... haha
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-19-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedESV View Post
You don't even like your ranger... you'd probably take a prius over is so you don't count... haha
Funny? Hmmmm. Not really.

And no I wouldn't take a Prius over it. You mention that car often. I'm starting to think you want one.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-19-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedESV View Post
I'll bet you... let's start a poll... I could use the money...
I for one would be on the side helping you lose, i would gladly take a dmax over this turd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Funny? Hmmmm. Not really.

And no I wouldn't take a Prius over it. You mention that car often. I'm starting to think you want one.
its not even funny to joke about prius's.. i wonder what kinda legal trouble i would be in for pumping a bunch of black soot into a prius at a stop light
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 07-19-2009
JoshK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CC, Indiana
Posts: 3,832
If your wanting something to haul around the 5th wheel and only do work I like the Power Stroke and the F series of trucks.

For drag racing I pick a duramax or Cummins.

For sled pulling I pick a Cummins
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-19-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
If your wanting something to haul around the 5th wheel and only do work I like the Power Stroke and the F series of trucks.

For drag racing I pick a duramax or Cummins.

For sled pulling I pick a Cummins
why not a cummins for hauling **** all day?
the only time i've seen sled pulling the d-max was tearing it up too.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-19-2009
sniper_101's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
why not a cummins for hauling **** all day?
the only time i've seen sled pulling the d-max was tearing it up too.
IFS/tie rods remember . . .





Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-19-2009
JoshK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CC, Indiana
Posts: 3,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
why not a cummins for hauling **** all day?
the only time i've seen sled pulling the d-max was tearing it up too.
Its not the Cummins its Dodges crappy interiors and rusty bodies I do not like.

Just a good engine in a fancy crate

Must not have been a very good sled pull. I have to admit you can get power out of the duramaxs, but reliability I would say a cummins
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-19-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Im not saying IFS and ****ty tie rods are good, I'm just saying i've seen some duramax's tearing it up.


Its great watching them launch in 4wd on the drag strip, driver front tire comes up and starts shaking like a ****.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-19-2009
Jimmeh's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbia Falls, MT
Posts: 3,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
If your wanting something to haul around the 5th wheel and only do work I like the Power Stroke and the F series of trucks
It's funny, the company I work for has had 2 F-series diesels for company trucks, and neither one of them were allowed to pull the trailer because every time something would go wrong. One was the 89, and the other was the 04.

We used to have 4 Cummins, and those things out pulled all the others.

And now we have a Duramax, and it does just fine. Definitely doesn't have the power of the Cummins on the heavier loads, but it still isn't a POS like everybody assumes just because it has a Chevy body wrapped around it.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-19-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
It's funny, the company I work for has had 2 F-series diesels for company trucks, and neither one of them were allowed to pull the trailer because every time something would go wrong. One was the 89, and the other was the 04.

We used to have 4 Cummins, and those things out pulled all the others.

And now we have a Duramax, and it does just fine. Definitely doesn't have the power of the Cummins on the heavier loads, but it still isn't a POS like everybody assumes just because it has a Chevy body wrapped around it.
probably because the 89 was the non turbo IDI and the 04 is a 6.0.. if either were a 7.3 PSD i bet they wouldn't have had an issue.

not dissing the cummins either, I'm in a toss up between which one i want.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 07-19-2009
TrucknGolf's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Envy View Post
My buddy bought a low mileage 03 ZR2. I was really considering buying one myself then I began to see it has had so many stupid little problems. A/C controls, power window motors, 3rd door handle, door bushings, Engine codes all the time. I also think GM's have no resale anymore, no one wants to own a vehicle by Govt Motors, who knows if GM will be around in 3 yrs. I think he's jealous of my New Ranger.
I am not getting zr2. It is a POS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_101 View Post
IFS/tie rods remember . . .
You can beef up the ifs.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 07-19-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Big deal about the rods. Fix them by going to rareparts.com and getting their beefy set of tie rods.

Last edited by whippersnapper02; 07-20-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 07-20-2009
01b3000's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: woodbridge va
Posts: 127
s-10 body panels come loose and rattle like a bi*ch and the front ends are so ugly and ive never seen one last more than 200xxx miles total down grade but at least its american i guess
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 07-21-2009
Melt's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tys 4x4 FTW View Post
same here

but what bugs me about the s10's, they're spring under. i HATE that. so much clearance is lost because of that
so thats why they sit so much lower

anyways .... s10forum.com ... youll notice that most people LOWER their s10s

just like it seems like most people lift their rangers

i considered both but didnt want a v6 (the 4.3 is a good motor IMO) and the 2.2 apparently blows headgaskets ... a lot

so i wound up with what i have now

and the dmax is his dads if i remmeber right
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-22-2009
TrucknGolf's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,829
^^ Yea it is my dads. He hardly drives it anymore and i can use it until I find something diff.

Yes the 4.3 is a good motor. It was in our astro van. lmao. Lasted 250k then sold it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want to Buy: anybody have a 15x8" wheel lying around? - OH cchsbuzz19 Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 5 08-17-2009 08:43 PM
4WheelParts is a bunch of lying sacks of crap! Trigger01 Ranger Products, Company, & Member Reviews 34 03-06-2009 08:39 PM
Anybody have any 06+ emblems lying around? cchsbuzz19 General Ford Ranger Discussion 2 03-06-2009 06:30 PM
Lying "Gages" seminaryranger Snapshots 18 02-05-2009 01:01 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:50 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.